Forums

Topic: not a TWEWY sequel ;____;

Posts 321 to 340 of 446

CanisWolfred

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Hey, FFII Is good if you give it a chance. At least the NES version anyway IMO.

It's a good game on the PSP, where they fix the literally broken gameplay, and add story to it, but even that added story pales in comparison any FF game from 3 on. The main characters were as generic as they come, and while it tried with the side characters, none of them had much personality, something FF3, even on the NES, let alone the DS version, definitely did.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

It's a good game on the PSP, where they fix the literally broken gameplay, and add story to it, but even that added story pales in comparison any FF game from 3 on. The main characters were as generic as they come, and while it tried with the side characters, none of them had much personality, something FF3, even on the NES, let alone the DS version, definitely did.

GUYS! Guys!

Final Fantasy 1 is clearly the best of the NES-era Final Fantasy games. No arguments there.

TheDreamingHawk

Yes, Ultima is Broken, but it was the first game to try something and to give your characters an offical name.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

moomoo

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Knowing SE, I doubt that will happen.

You don't know SE very well, then

Every single SE game on the App store has been put on sale for less than $10 at least once.

MoomooTheWeasel Has a catchy ring to it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/16116/the-world-ends-with-you/
These are the sales for the DS version, just so you know what they are before making up lower sales figures then actuallity

Looks like I was being too generous again.

TWEWY needs to sell just 700,000 copies on iOS to outsell the DS. Want to double the bet to say SE will do that in six months?

[/div]

[/div]

Only if by double the bet you mean the time rather than the reward. I'm not giving you both copies of my game.
But yeah, then I'm willing to bet with no parameters. I don't see it happening at all within that time unless if the game becomes a dollar.

[/div]

If you don't see it happening you won't be risking losing two copies of the game :3

Unless you think I might be right, in which case the uncertainty makes sense

So you want me to give you my game that has every single thing aquired possibly in the game? Every pin at max level, the ultimate boss defeated on every difficulty?
That copy is like a child to me. I can't give you that.
There's a difference between making two videos of you eating hats then me giving away a child.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CanisWolfred

OlympicCho wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

GUYS! Guys!

Final Fantasy 1 is clearly the best of the NES-era Final Fantasy games. No arguments there.

I disagree, but I haven't played the PSOne version of Final Fantasy 1, which from what I hear is basically the only good version. Final Fantasy III basically took everything that made the first game good and expanded upon it in every way imaginable, while also introducing a few new and interesting elements as well. I've played through both the famicom version and the DS version, and the original is almost entirely intact in the DS version. It's prettier, has a little more story in the beginning, middle and end, classes are slightly rebalanced, and they changed how you change classes so you have to grind for a bit before the class is useful (not a lot, usually just a few battles) - otherwise it's the same game, and IMO, it's extremely impressive for its time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gamesake

No TWEWY sequel? This is the best evidence I've ever seen to suggest that there's a higher power at work in the universe.

...in my pants.

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

GUYS! Guys!

[/div]

I disagree, but I haven't played the PSOne version of Final Fantasy 1, which from what I hear is basically the only good version. Final Fantasy III basically took everything that made the first game good and expanded upon it in every way imaginable, while also introducing a few new and interesting elements as well. I've played through both the famicom version and the DS version, and the original is almost entirely intact in the DS version. It's prettier, has a little more story in the beginning, middle and end, classes are slightly rebalanced, and they changed how you change classes so you have to grind for a bit before the class is useful (not a lot, usually just a few battles) - otherwise it's the same game, and IMO, it's extremely impressive for its time.

Yes, but you don't like Legasista, so your opinion on game quality is voided

CanisWolfred

OlympicCho wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

GUYS! Guys!

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

And you like Hyperdimension Neptunia, so we're even.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

GUYS! Guys!

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

And you like Hyperdimension Neptunia, so we're even.

Touche and well played.

scrubbyscum999

I am sorry but regardless of sales, I don't see how I would like the game as much speaking the dual screen combat was one of the coolest things about it. It was a core aspect of the game and without it it's not really the same. As for sales, I actually scared in the fact that if it sells better on iOS Square Enix might be like "OK, put the TWEWY sequel on iOS". Just the idea of that makes me want to curl up in fetal position in frustration. I hate to say it, but anything other than a 3DS game for the sequel would disappoint me personally because of the need for two screens. I now await the inevitable comments about how this all about money and actual feelings and opinions on the game don't matter and blah blah blah.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter:

Hokori

Yeah and I like how chocobo says that the iOS version is soo great without even playing the dual screen version , I've gotta play the iOS version so i can be a real reviewer

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Bankai

Trainer_DJ wrote:

I am sorry but regardless of sales, I don't see how I would like the game as much speaking the dual screen combat was one of the coolest things about it. It was a core aspect of the game and without it it's not really the same. As for sales, I actually scared in the fact that if it sells better on iOS Square Enix might be like "OK, put the TWEWY sequel on iOS". Just the idea of that makes me want to curl up in fetal position in frustration. I hate to say it, but anything other than a 3DS game for the sequel would disappoint me personally because of the need for two screens. I now await the inevitable comments about how this all about money and actual feelings and opinions on the game don't matter and blah blah blah.

Or you could not judge a game you haven't played.

Just sayin'

Bankai

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

Yeah and I like how chocobo says that the iOS version is soo great without even playing the dual screen version , I've gotta play the iOS version so i can be a real reviewer

[/div]

Yes because you're proven in the past an overwhelming capacity for objectivity.

I'm sure it won't matter to you that on the big iPad screen with gorgeous HD art work the game looks better than ever possible on the 3DS.

Edited on by Bankai

Hokori

Woooooowwwww graphics at least I'm thinking of playing the iOS version

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

warioswoods

OlympicCho wrote:

I'm sure it won't matter to you that on the big iPad screen with gorgeous HD art work the game looks better than ever possible on the 3DS.

[/div]

[/div]

Ew, no. The screens shown look awful.

I own an iPad 3 (and Apple TV, and a ton of other Apple goodies) but if there's one thing keeping me away from the games more than any other consideration, it's these awful vector-based graphics that feel like the second coming of Adobe Flash. Even the most highly praised titles and graphics are just cheap vector art that squishes, squashes, and tweens its way to movement, just like the heyday of Flash games. It may be crisp, for such is the nature of that style, but it looks terrible to these eyes, particularly in motion.

(edit: should clarify that the action / gameplay bits are what look awful to me, because the original sprites have been vectorized and upscaled in a way that looks even more artificial in motion. The static screens and dialog look just fine.)

(And the iPad is perfect for recreations of board games, particularly niche ones I rarely get to play with another human. It's just terrible at 2D action / animation.)

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Bankai

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

at least I'm thinking of playing the iOS version

Only so you can go "huuur it's worse," in a bid to earn brownie points with your Nintendo fanboy buddies and validate yourself as a Nintendo purist.

You could at least try and be honest with yourself - there is no way in hell you're going into that game with an open mind

CanisWolfred

OlympicCho wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Only so you can go "huuur it's worse," in a bid to earn brownie points with your Nintendo fanboy buddies and validate yourself as a Nintendo purist.

You could at least try and be honest with yourself - there is no way in hell you're going into that game with an open mind

[/div]

Even I give Otaku more credit than that. :/

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Hokori

OlympicCho wrote:

LordOtakWiiU wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

And why wouldn't I? I am a apple fan as well. Just because I like Nintendo doesn't mean I'm a fan boy, just like I'm sure youre not an apple fanboy...........
Also how do you have an open mind when you haven't played the DS version? You can't go into the game with high expectations so of course it's going to be better to you, because the original was better then I thought, so I went in that with low expectations.

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

KaiserGX

Yeah but he's just being himself. Can't seem to say a single thing without insulted something. It's never a straight reply. ._.

I like your pants, (if it was the 80's!) Though Waveboy will be thrilled with that.

Oh... btw does anyone get this? Megaman... II Woodman... I'm sure some people here will get it.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.