Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,004

Eel

WaLzgi wrote:

Huh. I never noticed that. I don't remember it being that bad

Same here.

I actually couldn't notice what was wrong in that one screenshot until the other one was posted.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

martinskrtel37 wrote:

man people here don't even get NIntendo for some reason. OoT and MM come out on 3DS to get a whole new generation of kids playing two of the greatest games ever. what would be gained from putting them on the Wii U? we all played through those games on console already.

They want more Wii U games. That's about it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pokefanmum82

But we are getting more Wii U games. There is Zelda, Star Fox, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby, Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, SMT x FE, Super Smash Bros Wii U and Captain Toad Treasures to come out between now and the end of 2015. That's just the first party games that we know about so far. There will probably be more announced between now and after next year's E3. Some people are just never happy I guess.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Chandlero

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Some people are just never happy I guess.

This is not a discussion about how many WiiU games are coming and who is happy and who isn't.
I just said that I wanted a Majora's Mask Remake on the WiiU since I love the original game and would like to play it in new form. The 3DS version is okay but it's essentially the old game on a smaller screen.

Is it not allowed to criticise Nintendo's decision and express my whishes?

Edited on by Chandlero

CaviarMeths

gaming_24_7 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Not worth the many disadvantages previously mentioned.

Disadvantages??? The only disadvantage (singular) that was mentioned was that Zelda U would be pushed back to 2017/2018. Presumably!

The fact is: Nintendo knows that Majora's Mask won't be a best selling game (cf. OoT-3D) and that the WiiU has a much lower installed hardware base than the 3DS. Making a cheap 3DS-Remake with OoT-3D-Engine is much more profitable than a costly WiiU game.

So besides everything, nothing.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Spoony_Tech

Morpheel wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Same here.

I actually couldn't notice what was wrong in that one screenshot until the other one was posted.

Call me clueless because I still don't see it.

Unless it's the exclamation point but I don't see that as a big deal.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Same here.

I'm not really seeing anything either.

Is it that the text in one is closer to the edge of the text box? Cause if so you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill because that is so freaking trivial.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

TeeJay wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Same here.

I'm not really seeing anything either.

Is it that the text in one is closer to the edge of the text box? Cause if so you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill because that is so freaking trivial.

That's probably it because until you pointed it out I hadn't notice which to me isn't a big deal. But for some obsessive compulsive people I guess it would drive their lives crazy.

I think it's all because it's not centered. It should be corrected but if not no big deal.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TeeJay

@Spoony_Tech Funny because even though I noticed the text was near the edge, I hadn't even noticed it was off-center until you pointed it out. Still trivial IMO, nothing to be all no no no no no no no about.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CaviarMeths

Keep in mind that the SS that @brewsky posted is bloody gigantic and I don't think the formatting will be quite as noticeable on a 5" 240p screen.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

gaming_24_7 wrote:

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Some people are just never happy I guess.

This is not a discussion about how many WiiU games are coming and who is happy and who isn't.
I just said that I wanted a Majora's Mask Remake on the WiiU since I love the original game and would like to play it in new form. The 3DS version is okay but it's essentially the old game on a smaller screen.

Is it not allowed to criticise Nintendo's decision and express my whishes?

You can criticize, but we'll counter your arguments

Also, I wonder why it took 4 years to make this game? Will there be new content? Was the team so small because of Link between Worlds and Wii U Zelda? Is Nintendo just slow?

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TeeJay

SpookyMeths wrote:

Keep in mind that the SS that @brewsky posted is bloody gigantic and I don't think the formatting will be quite as noticeable on a 5" 240p screen.

Is it really? I have my phone viewing this page in desktop mode and it seems normal.

@WaLzgi The development was likely small and the game low-priority. I'd like to hope lots of new side quests and masks to be a reason but that's wishful thinking.

Edited on by TeeJay

CaviarMeths

2,048px × 1,536px them some Nintendo 9DS specs right thur.

LzWinky

4 years is still a lot though. I am hopeful that it means more content. Imagine Stone Tower in a Master Quest. I'd rage quit so hard

TeeJay

WaLzgi wrote:

4 years is still a lot though. I am hopeful that it means more content. Imagine Stone Tower in a Master Quest. I'd rage quit so hard

Spend 20 more minutes playing and replaying the Eulogy of Emptiness for even more puzzles!! 1!

Edited on by TeeJay

TeeJay

I just thought of something. Imagine if they gave this game Amiibo support! New masks for every character with a unique ability for each! Even if it's a small weak attack or something.

LzWinky

And more dark story points and deaths and shudders I'll stop now

Chandlero

TeeJay wrote:

I just thought of something. Imagine if they gave this game Amiibo support! New masks for every character with a unique ability for each! Even if it's a small weak attack or something.

I don't like it but it would be clever, indeed...

By the way, I finished the first dungeon on the GameCube today. Great game

Yoshi

The flaw with the text in the image is that the text is not centered both horizontally and vertically. Those of you who played the original should know that the issue was the same there as well. It may not look obvious now, but when you're only a foot away from the screen, it's going to be noticeable, for me at least.

It's not necessarily about this exact issue, but what it signals. The original suffered from poor text formatting in which the text was not divided among text boxes correctly, sometimes even splitting sentences in half.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Eel

Never noticed any of that in the original

The only thing I remember is the infamous marshmallow hell typo.

"you feel all warm and fuzzy! Inside!"

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.