Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,004

LzWinky

RedDevilAde wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Alucard83 wrote:

A let down for me. I was waiting for a true remake on WII U on big screen instead tiny tiny screen. Good while traveling but staring at it whole day it just doesn't work me. Good for the lovers of 3DS

It was exceptionally unreasonable to expect a remake of Majora's Mask for Wii U. It would need to be rebuilt from the ground up. It would need a large team from Nintendo EAD, heavy involvement from Aonuma himself, a lot of money, and several years. Zelda U would be pushed back to 2017/2018.

There is no advantage.

Why wouldn't they have outsourced it?

Too much time and effort

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Chandlero

TeeJay wrote:

Not worth the many disadvantages previously mentioned.

Disadvantages??? The only disadvantage (singular) that was mentioned was that Zelda U would be pushed back to 2017/2018. Presumably!

The fact is: Nintendo knows that Majora's Mask won't be a best selling game (cf. OoT-3D) and that the WiiU has a much lower installed hardware base than the 3DS. Making a cheap 3DS-Remake with OoT-3D-Engine is much more profitable than a costly WiiU game.

Edited on by Chandlero

Yoshi

That's a pretty substantial disadvantage....

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

LzWinky

gaming_24_7 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Not worth the many disadvantages previously mentioned.

Disadvantages??? The only disadvantage (singular) that was mentioned was that Zelda U would be pushed back to 2017/2018. Presumably!

The fact is: Nintendo knows that Majora's Mask won't be a best selling game (cf. OoT-3D) and that the WiiU has a much lower installed hardware base than the 3DS. Making a cheap 3DS-Remake with OoT-3D-Engine is much more profitable than a costly WiiU game.

Thanks for uh...showing why it shouldn't be a Wii U game?

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pokefanmum82

Because the last Zelda console game was Skyward Sword, that wasn't a remake. I want a new home console version and I wouldn't want to wait three more years for it. There's nothing wrong with Majora's Mask being on the 3DS. Ummm and excuse me but we are already getting a Zelda Wii U game.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Chandlero

WaLzgi wrote:

For Nintendo it totally makes sense but we as gamers will miss a great WiiU game.

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Because the last Zelda console game was Skyward Sword, that wasn't a remake. I want a new home console version and I wouldn't want to wait three more years for it.

I waited six (!) years between Alttp and OoT. It was totally worth it and I survived

Edited on by Chandlero

Yoshi

gaming_24_7 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

For Nintendo it totally makes sense but we as gamers will miss a great WiiU game.

In exchange for being able to play it on 3DS and getting Zelda U within this console generation?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Yoshi

gaming_24_7 wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Five.

I got the games on Christmas 1992 and 1998

I know, I got my years messed up.

Now playing:

Pokefanmum82

gaming_24_7 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Because the last Zelda console game was Skyward Sword, that wasn't a remake. I want a new home console version and I wouldn't want to wait three more years for it.

I waited six (!) years between Alttp and OoT. It was totally worth it and I survived

Yet game development doesn't take that long anymore. Majora's Mask 3D has been in development since 2011 they said. Are you really asking them to stop working on it now just you can have another Zelda remake on the Wii U. They already have announced a new home console version of a Zelda game during E3. You can't have both.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

mid_55

It totally makes sense to have it on 3DS. As a gamer already owning OoT on 3DS, it just feels right that MM3d will fit in with the lovely updated style that Grezzo used for OoT3d.
And of course, I'm really looking forward to the fresh new Zelda project which will hopefully utilise all the great features of my WiiU

mid_55

Switch Friend Code: SW-0316-0049-0332 | My Nintendo: mid_55

LzWinky

Console games:

LoZ: 1987
Z2: 1988
LttP: 1992 (4 years)
OoT: 1998
MM: 2000
WW: 2002
FSA: 2004
TP: 2006
SS: 2011
WiiU: 2015

There is nothing irregular about the console releases

Yoshi

Untitled

No no no no no no no no no no no! Don't tell me this is going to be an issue here as well! I hated the poorly formatted text in the original. This better be fixed!

Now playing:

LzWinky

Does seem odd. Why not use the same text as OoT 3D?

Don

Hopefully Nintendo will port the rest of its first party N64 games to 3DS after this.

Don

Yoshi

Here's Ocarina of Time 3D, as a comparison.

Untitled

And yes, I did just dig out my copy of OoT 3D, boot up the game, and play the song, just so I could get a screenshot by posting to Miiverse. Is it that obvious?

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:

LzWinky

Huh. I never noticed that. I don't remember it being that bad

martinskrtel37

man people here don't even get NIntendo for some reason. OoT and MM come out on 3DS to get a whole new generation of kids playing two of the greatest games ever. what would be gained from putting them on the Wii U? we all played through those games on console already.

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.