Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 5,001 to 5,020 of 5,084

TeeJay

NintyMan wrote:

There is a Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U puzzle up now on Streetpass Mii Plaza!
Untitled
https://twitter.com/SteveMightSay/status/566077623323742208

I was wondering when that puzzle would pop up!

Now for the inevitable Majora's Mask puzzle.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Undead_terror

Got my New 3DS all set up now, great thing the game loads/closes faster, also might start using my one amiibo more, the only problem is that I got to get use to how the N3DS feels, would like to get armor for it so it can be bigger and easier to get a good grip.

Also
Untitled

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

veeflames

Er... I think the Smash Bros. 3DS replay channel is broken. It keeps on playing the same replay for the same character.
Anyone else having that problem?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tsuchinoko

It looks like the conversation has migrated mostly to the WiiU thread.

I do have a 3ds specific issue. I got Smash day one, and I play nearly every day, but I have yet to clear challenge 77. I've cleared every other challenge, have gone through Smash Run, trophy rush, classic mode and all star multiple times with every character, but I'm not getting any new Mii parts. I can't figure out what I'm missing.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I do have a 3ds specific issue. I got Smash day one, and I play nearly every day, but I have yet to clear challenge 77. I've cleared every other challenge, have gone through Smash Run, trophy rush, classic mode and all star multiple times with every character, but I'm not getting any new Mii parts. I can't figure out what I'm missing.

I don't have my 3DS in front of me to check on what Challenge 77 is but I assume it's the Get All Mii Outfits one? If that's the case then you're out of luck, Mii outfits are completely random. The only thing to do really is to just keep playing and hope that last new outfit pops up

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I don't have my 3DS in front of me to check on what Challenge 77 is but I assume it's the Get All Mii Outfits one? If that's the case then you're out of luck, Mii outfits are completely random. The only thing to do really is to just keep playing and hope that last new outfit pops up

Ugh, I should have used a hammer on this challenge. I got all of the character customs at least.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TXP

Seeing as E3 is about a month away, and the majority of talk seems to concern DLC for smash wii u, i though it would be fun to speculate as to what might be announced as DLC for the 3DS version; characters, stages etc. Personally im expecting some more characters (presumably Roy and Ryu...) and hoping for some stages (could go on all day about what i'd like but my top two classic stages would probably be Pokemon Stadium and Great Bay!). Also in my dreams 3DS will be geting an events mode.....

So what is everyone else expecting/hoping for?!

PSN id: TXP184

ZanderShepherd

Guys, I'm having some trouble with my game and I hope you can help me out!

I play the game on a game card on a classic original 3DS, so re-downloading isn't an option. I have onwed the game since launch, and everything worked fine. However, since a few weeks I can't play online anymore. Whenever I select online, it says it's exchanging data with the server, than the screen starts lagging like crazy, almost to the point of freezing for a little while (though the music is still fine, so I guess it's loading), then I get an error message that it can't connect and I get kicked back to the game's main menu.
It's not my internet connection, because apps like YouTube, Nintendo Anime Channel and the eShop work fine. Even the DLC Shop in Smash works without any trouble. The router is only like a few feet away from me, and in the Home menu, it says I have full conection. I have the most recent update for Smash installed.
I tried clearing my internet settings in the system settings and reconnecting, but it didn't work.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help!

ZanderShepherd

Smah4382

@Poketendo
Huh, very weird i also have a card game that i buyed little ago and internet works fine
Maybe try to erase some things or try again and again

Smah4382

Smah4382

Maybe its the 3ds because i use a 2ds

Smah4382

ZanderShepherd

Smah4382 wrote:

@Poketendo
Huh, very weird i also have a card game that i buyed little ago and internet works fine
Maybe try to erase some things or try again and again

I don't know. I have tried again many times, but it never worked. One time it worked after I completely reset my internet settings, but that also only worked once. I did try to play Pokémon Y online, and that worked without any trouble. I also tried to play Smash online on my brother's 3DS, who also has an original model, and it worked fine without any trouble as well. It's only online Smash on my 3DS, every other combo of game and system works fine. I guess I can delete some stuff, but what do you suggest I delete? I don't want to lose all my Mii Fighters and stuff, which are saved on the SD Card. And I know deleting the update won't help, because I re-downloaded it before and it didn't fix anything.
I did call costumer support. They said this was an unknown problem. I could send the game or the system in, but I think possible repair costs would be higher than just buying a new game. I don't want to buy a new game though, both because I can barely afford it and because I want to keep the data on my current one. I know you can transfer the save data to a downloaded eShop version from the card, but I'm hoping I don't have to take that step.
So I'm still stuck. Thanks for the ideas though @Smash4382 Anyone else who as another idea?

ZanderShepherd

IggyZX

Guys, has anyone been successful in resolving error code 018-0516 (failed to connect to partner device)?

I bought Smash for 3DS yesterday (loving the game, by the way) and I've tried connecting to online match over 30 times with no success. I keep getting this error or just a pop-up screen saying "Communication Error".

I've assigned fixed IP address to my N3DS and I've put that address into DMZ, tried both Google and my ISP's DNS', tried changing MTU, everything that I could think of and it still won't connect.

I should note that I can spectate with no problems whatsoever, but I can't play online. I never had these kind of problems before (I can use eShop normally) and I have no connectivity issues, outside of Smash. My NAT is "moderate", so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any ideas? I really want to play this online, and while SP is good (CPU is challenging in higher difficulties), I bought Smash to play it with other people, not with bots.

IggyZX

Undead_terror

IggyZX wrote:

Guys, has anyone been successful in resolving error code 018-0516 (failed to connect to partner device)?

I bought Smash for 3DS yesterday (loving the game, by the way) and I've tried connecting to online match over 30 times with no success. I keep getting this error or just a pop-up screen saying "Communication Error".

I've assigned fixed IP address to my N3DS and I've put that address into DMZ, tried both Google and my ISP's DNS', tried changing MTU, everything that I could think of and it still won't connect.

I should note that I can spectate with no problems whatsoever, but I can't play online. I never had these kind of problems before (I can use eShop normally) and I have no connectivity issues, outside of Smash. My NAT is "moderate", so that shouldn't be a problem.

Any ideas? I really want to play this online, and while SP is good (CPU is challenging in higher difficulties), I bought Smash to play it with other people, not with bots.

Might need a better router, when I got a better one everything worked better.

________

Wii U gets the miiverse stage, wish the 3DS version would get a new stage this time around, it needs more stages then the Wii U version needs currently.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

IggyZX

Undead_terror wrote:

Might need a better router, when I got a better one everything worked better.

Unfortunately, this is not a router issue, but Nintendo issue. I've been reading about this problem and it's such a widespread issue that the only logical conclusion is that this is something that Nintendo needs to resolve. Since the game's been out for almost 8 months, I highly doubt that they will ever do that.

I've spent several hours yesterday changing my router settings, did everything possible and nothing helped. Note that this is the same router that has served my online games for a long time and I experienced no issues with PS3, PS4, PC, mobile games or other 3DS games (online in MH4U works perfectly). Smash Bros for 3DS is the only problematic one.

I tried to get online probably around 40 times. Managed to connect 3 times. First time I finished the round, but the lag was incredibly bad. Second time I fought CPU for almost 5 minutes waiting for other players to connect, nobody came, so I disconnected. Third time lag was better (but still present) and I waited "only" 3 minutes for other people to connect.

If this is Nintendo's idea of online gameplay, all I can say is that their execution is abysmal. Very disappointed they managed to ruin such a great game with a poor online component.

Edited on by IggyZX

IggyZX

IggyZX

Tsurii wrote:

@IggyZX "018-0516" you say? Yeah...that's your router. Had the same exact issues with online games on Wii U (no problems on PS3 or PC whatsoever) and stuff like that is just a generic error code when the console doesn't know what went wrong.

All you can do is use/get a different router. That's the only thing that worked for me at least.

Again, if this is an issue with my router, why does it sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't? What's more probable:

1. Router that serves every single online game in the past few years perfectly (including MH4U), with no lag whatsoever, simply "hates"/doesn't work with Smash Bros for 3DS.

2. Nintendo's online infrastructure/code for this game is poor.

Also, here is a pretty big thread on reddit about this problem:

You can find similar discussions in every single major site dedicated to gaming (Gamefaqs, Gamespot, IGN, etc.). If Nintendo needs all these people to change routers, then they should have mentioned that the price of the game is $60 + new router.

EDIT: looks like I might be eating my own hat. I talked with my ISP. While it's not a router problem, looks like some thing on their side could be causing the problem. They changed something in my configuration so I'll try again when I come home.

EDIT2: the hat was exquisite. I really enjoyed eating it. It was my ISP's fault after all. The router was fine, but something in my network configuration on their side wasn't.

Edited on by IggyZX

IggyZX

Tobiaku

I can't even enter eshop now -.-

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

HandheldGuru97

Dammit! Kinda wish I had held off on Dr. Mario MC....(but it is a great game soooooo.....) Ugh yet now I must decide....Ryu or Roy??? I might hold off on Roy until my next paycheck (on Friday) and just use my other $10 eShop (that I picked up specifically for E3) and get Ryu and his stage and Dreamland 64 (all for 3DS/Wii U, although I might just get Dreamland just for my 3DS. It's only $1.99 and if I had to, I could pony up cash later for it on the Wii U)
Overall, even with the leaks, this was a fun little prelude to Nintendo's E3 antics.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Eel

I think I'll only buy the dream land stage for my 3DS for now.

Maybe a mii costume too. Maybe.

The characters will have to wait until I can buy another eshop card, unfortunately :/

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tobiaku

Has it allways been a timelimit in allstar mode?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

BulbasaurusRex

Hey, I just discovered something interesting. Contrary to popular belief, a sucessfull smash attack with the baseball bat is NOT a guaranteed OHKO! I managed to land a smash attack with the bat on a computer opponent who had just activated a Bullet Bill. The extreme momentum in both directions was nearly completely cancelled out, allowing my opponent to easily survive the attack, acting as if he merely fell down from a weak jab! I was playing the 3DS version at the time, but I imagine the same would also be true in Smash4WiiU.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.