3DS Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Showing 1,681 to 1,700 of 1,967

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,681. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

ONM Spain claims Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is coming in September. That could be possible, but that sounds like a placeholder date because September is the very last month of summer, so I don't believe their right. Besides, this is the same magazine that claimed Diddy Kong would be in Mario Kart 8.
http://nintendoeverything.com/onm-spain-claims-super-smash-br...

They've already back tracked.

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,682. Posted:

@Jazzer94: Sorry, my internet was off, so I've been behind in the news.

If you ask me, I'm expecting Smash Bros. 3DS in August. Anytime sooner and I would be pleasantly surprised.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,683. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Jazzer94: Sorry, my internet was off, so I've been behind in the news.

If you ask me, I'm expecting Smash Bros. 3DS in August. Anytime sooner and I would be pleasantly surprised.

August is my guess to seems about the right time to give the 3DS a boost to keep it going till the festive season.

The Jazzloggery
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,684. Posted:

Still wishing for June/July. TwT

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

1,685. Posted:

Randomname19 wrote:

This is why I don't like Smash Run:
Untitled

I'm actually very excited for smash run (crossing fingers for online). Although I am curious to see what more speed boosts would do to sonic. faster attacks maybe?

Edit: I just had a thought about sonic in smash run. Sonic would have an advantage right at the beginning of the game because his speed is basically maxed out already. He might be a cheap Smash run fighter.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

Stg123

1,686. Posted:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

Untitled

I'm actually very excited for smash run (crossing fingers for online). Although I am curious to see what more speed boosts would do to sonic. faster attacks maybe?

Edit: I just had a thought about sonic in smash run. Sonic would have an advantage right at the beginning of the game because his speed is basically maxed out already. He might be a cheap Smash run fighter.

Making Sonic faster is just one strategy a player could use. Some people may elect to make a character's strengths even stronger or you could focus on improving weaknesses. I don't think either is unfair, in fact, I think this will be what makes Smash Run fun and interesting, different people will have different strategies and every match will be different.

And I am not 100% sure, but I think there will be different paths to take so faster characters don't always have the advantage.

Stg123

3DS Friend Code: 4442-0159-3171

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,687. Posted:

Based on Air Ride, getting too much speed could make it very hard to control your character. I'm sure it'll be like that here, also hoping there'll be gray power-ups too. If that happens I wanna have an online game where all four of us will only grab gray ones just for the lulz. x3

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

1,688. Posted:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Based on Air Ride, getting too much speed could make it very hard to control your character. I'm sure it'll be like that here, also hoping there'll be gray power-ups too. If that happens I wanna have an online game where all four of us will only grab gray ones just for the lulz. x3

That should be Sakurai's next project. Kirby Air Ride 2. That or a Meta Knight spin-off.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

1,689. Posted:

Stg123 wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

Untitled

Making Sonic faster is just one strategy a player could use. Some people may elect to make a character's strengths even stronger or you could focus on improving weaknesses. I don't think either is unfair, in fact, I think this will be what makes Smash Run fun and interesting, different people will have different strategies and every match will be different.

And I am not 100% sure, but I think there will be different paths to take so faster characters don't always have the advantage.

That pic is why i'll just be bowser: He'll be fast, but not so fast that he's hard to control. the same goes for his jumping.
@stg123 I think nintendo would rather make different enemies have better odds of dropping certain things(such as Tac dropping more speed points and Goomba dropping more Jump points).

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,690. Posted:

Wait....@DestinyMan hasn't posted the Pic of the Day here yet? That's odd. It features an interesting little change to how team colors will work, at least on the 3DS version.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,691. Posted:

@MegaStoneSmash91: A bad thunderstorm knocked out my internet connection, which has already been weak lately.

Untitled
"In previous games in the series, if you chose the red team in a team battle, your Mario would have been red. But now you can choose any color you want! The color outlining the characters will show their team affiliation."

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,692. Posted:

This is great, and this also means that players can't pick the same color now, just like in regular mode. No 2 red Marios now, they gotta be different.

Doesn't this mean that you'll be forced to play with outlines now?
Also, what about the Wii U version, there's no outlines, so they might force the team colors.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors
One Piece Unlimited World Red

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,693. Posted:

The screen is quite small on the 3DS so I'm not sure if this will work well on Wii U I'm all for it.

The Jazzloggery

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,694. Posted:

Heh, someone made a funny comment on the outlines.
Untitled

Yeah, I like the team outlines. Now I can play as Red Team Luigi without wearing pink all of the time.
I hope the Wii U version has these too.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,695. Posted:

Ike has been announced to joint the battle!
Untitled
Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,696. Posted:

@DestinyMan I knew there was some explanation. It's not like you to forget posting it.

The team outlines is a great idea, but what if you have the outlines turned off? Does it force them upon you in team battles, or will you be able to switch between this and old-style teams? Still very cool, and now I don't have to use Mario's ugly green costume when on the green team. In fact, I can always use my favorite costumes with this feature.

Ike's return is indeed a sweet one, at least for some people (including me). There are, of course, plenty of people complaining. I've mostly learned to ignore such foolishness at this point, but when they start bashing the character roster for not being different enough it's hard to not get annoyed. And the notion about Ike taking Chrom's "spot"? It's the Mewtwo/Lucario situation all over again.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,697. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Ike has been announced to joint the battle!
Untitled

He's gonna joint the battle? Like smoke the competition? Well he did launch his opponents in a trail of smoke.
I could use a joint right about now... ;)

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (both)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors
One Piece Unlimited World Red

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,698. Posted:

@Rosalina:
Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,699. Posted:

@DestinyMan It's nice to have good fun with people's mistakes from time to time. :)
It was pretty corny though.

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (both)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors