Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 261 to 280 of 863

Adam

That's why I find it hard to believe.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

RoyalBlur

So the game comes out next week eh? I suppose I shall have to wait just a WEE BIT longer! I can't wait to harness the power of the TANOOKI suit!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Meta-Rift

RYBlast wrote:

Anyone read the Iwata Asks? They said that later on in the game, the game seems more like traditional 3D Mario, with the Star Coins acting as Stars. Now all you complainers about linearity can shut up.

Stars/Shines/Star Coins don't make the 3D games nonlinear (Galaxy has stars but is still linear (which is good)). All they really do is have the player go through each level seven times before it's "beaten", making the game seem bigger than it really is. I'd rather have more levels to play than play each level multiple times just to finish it.

Meta-Rift

Papa_Godzilla

the latest news about mario beeing a fastfood game rather than a quality dish makes me happy i cancelled my pre-order 2 weeks ago.
what the hell. i thought mario would me dismissed from the short of content 3DS popularity.
i have a bad feeling that mario land will be absolutely beautiful, but will have the lenght and content of an eshop game.
ill pick it up much later, after lots of reviews and gamers opinions will emerge.

anyway, the ps3 keeps my wallet busy more than i can afford id rather pay 20 more dollars to a game as deep as Skyrim rather than a starfox game that will last 2 weeks before i sell it.

Papa_Godzilla

LzWinky

Meta-Rift wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

Anyone read the Iwata Asks? They said that later on in the game, the game seems more like traditional 3D Mario, with the Star Coins acting as Stars. Now all you complainers about linearity can shut up.

Stars/Shines/Star Coins don't make the 3D games nonlinear (Galaxy has stars but is still linear (which is good)). All they really do is have the player go through each level seven times before it's "beaten", making the game seem bigger than it really is. I'd rather have more levels to play than play each level multiple times just to finish it.

They could do the stars like they did in Galaxy 2. The stages were repeated but most of the time you explored a new part of each stage.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Meta-Rift

Samholy wrote:

the latest news about mario beeing a fastfood game rather than a quality dish makes me happy i cancelled my pre-order 2 weeks ago.
what the hell. i thought mario would me dismissed from the short of content 3DS popularity.
i have a bad feeling that mario land will be absolutely beautiful, but will have the lenght and content of an eshop game.

Why would you think that? That same interview you're talking about seems to suggest that the game has a lot of content.

Meta-Rift

shingi_70

Samholy wrote:

ill pick it up much later, after lots of reviews and gamers opinions will emerge.

anyway, the ps3 keeps my wallet busy more than i can afford id rather pay 20 more dollars to a game as deep as Skyrim rather than a starfox game that will last 2 weeks before i sell it.

Seems alittle short sighted to me. The person meant that even thought the game is lengthty it was desgined to be able to play in short bursts. You play a level or get to a checkpoint and then you close your system and get back to it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

grumblebuzzz

By "fast food" rather than "quality dish", they mean it plays more like NSMB and less like 64 and Galaxy. That just means the courses are more linear and it takes less time to make it to the goal. That doesn't mean the game is gonna be as short as an eshop game. As a matter of fact, the developers have said that after you beat the first eight worlds for the first time, the extra levels that become available are almost equal to that of the entire first game.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

ChaosTheChao

Oh well, Still a day one buy for me.

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

shingi_70

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Adam

The medals seem to be exactly like star coins in NSMB(W). They tried to make a distinction in Iwata Asks, but it didn't work for me. Like the NSMB games, you proceed primarily in one clear direction to get to a clear goal. Star medals can be found along the way to unlock more levels.

If they really wanted to toss a bone to those wanting obscure goals, all they had to do was say "Ghost Houses." I hope there are some of those levels in this one, but I haven't heard one way or the other. That level type has unfortunately been underrepresented in the 3D games.

Come on, friends,

warioswoods

That's what happens when you let those other guys speak. Miyamoto would have surely made a comparison to sushi rather than hamburger: single bites, great variety, and a bit expensive compared to other meals yet absolutely worth it.

Untitled

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Meta-Rift

Adam wrote:

If they really wanted to toss a bone to those wanting obscure goals, all they had to do was say "Ghost Houses." I hope there are some of those levels in this one, but I haven't heard one way or the other. That level type has unfortunately been underrepresented in the 3D games.

I read that one of the worlds has a haunted house theme, but I'm guessing it doesn't have secret exits. I hope some of the levels in that world at least have the goal hidden somehow.

Meta-Rift

Adam

If you've seen the level select screen, hidden exits probably doesn't make sense for this game. There do not seem to be any branching paths, just one level leading to the next. But ghost houses could still be fun since you don't ever know for sure which way to go.

Of course, if the whole world is haunted house themed, maybe the level select there will be different from what was shown in the trailers in other worlds.

Come on, friends,

I-U

People have really misinterpreted the Iwata Asks interview. Oh well, they'll be missing out early on. I have no doubt that this will be in contention for my personal GOTY, and might even end up in contention as my favorite 3D Mario. I absolutely loved Super Mario 64 DS in part due to its portability, and finally the next handheld 3D Mario is coming next Sunday. It's been a long wait, and I have no doubts I'll have favorable experiences with Super Mario 3D Land.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

she_gamer

@warioswoods A game like sushi sounds way better than a game like fast food... I'm going with your definition

Edited on by she_gamer

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

ChaosTheChao

I don't like sushi. and @Shingy_70 Where did you get that from?

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

RYBlast

People on this site are giving this game too much flak. All it is trying to be is a Mario game that is fun for little chunks of fun, with lots of replay value that will keep you going, just like Super Mario Land and New Super Mario Bros. Instead, you all want Super Mario Galaxy 3 on a handheld that has been out for less than a year. And it is the best handheld Mario to date.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.