Forums

Topic: Super Mario!

Posts 241 to 260 of 863

Adam

Whether it's a challenge or not, you're always "missing things up there in the sky," while it's rare that you're missing anything on the ground. The level design is almost entirely on the ground.

The feather didn't take much skill. There is a part of a level early on that explains how to use it, and once you get the hang of it you can fly infinitely, which makes it even more of a level skip than the leaf.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

FonistofCruxis

I don't see the point in the Tanooki with the statue ability being a seperate power up but at least that ability is in the game.

Adam

I think Nintendo was afraid that if the statue ability were more common someone might mistakenly think there was some point to it.

Come on, friends,

ChaosTheChao

Adam wrote:

I think Nintendo was afraid that if the statue ability were more common someone might mistakenly think there was some point to it.

There is, avoiding enimies.

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

Adam

I was at least half joking, but it is extremely rarely useful to want to avoid enemies using the statue when you could just walk around or jump. I doubt that aspect ever came into play for me except on flying ship levels with all the projectiles in the air, and even then mostly if I was feeling lazy.

I use it a lot to drop fast on enemies, but even that isn't terribly useful. The statue ability always seemed to me something playful, not something useful. That's why I liked it so much.

Come on, friends,

RYBlast

Anyone read the Iwata Asks? They said that later on in the game, the game seems more like traditional 3D Mario, with the Star Coins acting as Stars. Now all you complainers about linearity can shut up.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

RYBlast

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I don't see the point in the Tanooki with the statue ability being a seperate power up but at least that ability is in the game.

It's because they added the statue ability later in development.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

I-U

Just beat Super Mario 64 DS again today, and it really has me hyped for the next 3D Mario on the go. While I expect Super Mario 3D Land to play like a third installment of the New Super Mario Brothers series just across 3D environments, I am hoping that there will be some cool techniques available to expand the game experiences, particularly in finding alternate routes and in completing levels faster. If it's true that the game will feature more traditional 3D Mario elements later on, I do hope there will be seven to eight Star Coins to find in these levels instead of the three for each level shown so far. There's no sense in bringing in more exploration elements to later levels if there's no more coins to discover than in the earlier, linear levels. This being the next major handheld Mario platformer makes me curious if we'll see any new mini-games section, as there were in both Super Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Brothers.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

warioswoods

@Adam

Hey now, you're forgetting the coolest ability of the statue: killing those circling lights that otherwise are invincible.

By the way, there's a new Iwata Asks on SM3DL, with all kinds of interesting information. They make it sound like the total length of the game is far greater that previously expected, mainly due to all the special levels that go well beyond beating the game normally. They also discuss the 3D depth option at length.

(Oops, I see now that RYBlast already outed the Iwata Asks. Oh well, now you have the convenient link. You're all welcome.)

Edited on by warioswoods

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

LordTendoboy

jtt235 wrote:

watch this video http://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoWorldReport#p/a/u/0/g57xR... and skip to 5:43 to watch mario turn to stone skip to 1:54 for a little bit of brotherly love but you can disscuss that here https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/luigi_in_super_mario_3...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

komicturtle

lol dey sez Mario Galaxy 2, the sequel to 2007's was released May 2005. Typo iz funneh

komicturtle

warioswoods

@KomicZ

Ha, I noticed that. It's good to see I'm not the only one who reads the footnotes.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

RoyalBlur

RYBlast wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I'm just happy that the Tanooki Statue made it into the game period!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

ChaosTheChao

TokyoRed wrote:

RYBlast wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Me too!
I'm just happy that the Tanooki Statue made it into the game period!

No other thing could ever match the cuteness of Chao.
It pays to have your own opinion.
Former username: JakeTheChao
My Consoles : Wii, DS, 3DS, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Wii U
3ds FC: 1203-9370-6806
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Chaos The Chao
[strong][em]\"It's time to...

pikku

No.

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

LzWinky

NintyFan wrote:

Anyone else finding it hard to believe this game is coming out next sunday?

Blargh, why Sunday?!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Neonpowerstar

NintyFan wrote:

Anyone else finding it hard to believe this game is coming out next sunday?

Actually, it's coming out the sunday after next sunday (next sunday is Nov. 6; the game comes out Nov. 13), at least in North America.

If the 3DS has not been discontinued SM3DL and MK7 are awesome games, but if the 3DS has been discontinued Sony has taken over the world.It is not true that both Sony has taken over the world and SM3DL and MK7 are not awesome games.Therefore:Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are...

Adam

I find it hard to believe this game is coming out this Sunday.

Come on, friends,

turtlelink

I didn't even know it was coming out this Sunday.

Edit: Next Sunday apparently

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.