Forums

Topic: Style Savvy: Trendsetters

Posts 241 to 260 of 426

theblackdragon

@konata: haha i'm the opposite, i'm tired of having all these trenchcoats and heavy outer wear covering up all my awesome outfits, but they love the layers in this game

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

florecita

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Has there been moments during the game when a customers butt looks way too big in something but you just tell them 'nah you look fine and that dress brings out the colour in your eyes'... Do you tell them lies just to get the sale

HAHA! you do lie in this game Mick, when you choose something kind of wacky for customers and theyre not sure to get it you have to pretty much tell a lie.

Im actually surprise I like this game as much as I do, I hated Harvest Moon. But the best part of this game I think is the competiton part of it on the fashion contests.

florecita

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9640-1549

Arianabtd

theblackdragon wrote:

@konata: haha i'm the opposite, i'm tired of having all these trenchcoats and heavy outer wear covering up all my awesome outfits, but they love the layers in this game

I totally agree! like Le Spark (I love that brand) only has coats that cover up your ENTIRE outfit and it drives me NUTS. I try only getting open coats from the buyers center when I can.

Oh and yesterday I finished all the contests, HOORAY. I wish they would give you something though...

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

MAB

florecita wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Has there been moments during the game when a customers butt looks way too big in something but you just tell them 'nah you look fine and that dress brings out the colour in your eyes'... Do you tell them lies just to get the sale

HAHA! you do lie in this game Mick, when you choose something kind of wacky for customers and theyre not sure to get it you have to pretty much tell a lie.

Im actually surprise I like this game as much as I do, I hated Harvest Moon. But the best part of this game I think is the competiton part of it on the fashion contests.

Cool! I guess this game has all the drama that can be associated with the fashion industry. Lookout for Style Savvy: Nip Tuck Surgery in 2013

MAB

drifter444

New pictures! I'm loving winter in this game. So festive!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The Station Plaza looks so beautiful during Christmas!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by drifter444

drifter444

Mowzle

This forum has been quiet for a few days, but I have a question if anyone is passing and knows the answer. I've had a female and a male approach me in my shop and say they would like to work there if I'm looking for more assistance - then I get a follow up note from them in my mobile phone. Am I supposed to do something about this, and if so, how do I do it?
I'm not sure I want extra assistants, the first one chats to me daily and I dress her up in a new outfit, and I suppose she looks after the shop when I'm not there, but I've no evidence that she's ever sold even a pair of socks
What's the experience of other players?

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

Arianabtd

Mowzle wrote:

This forum has been quiet for a few days, but I have a question if anyone is passing and knows the answer. I've had a female and a male approach me in my shop and say they would like to work there if I'm looking for more assistance - then I get a follow up note from them in my mobile phone. Am I supposed to do something about this, and if so, how do I do it?
I'm not sure I want extra assistants, the first one chats to me daily and I dress her up in a new outfit, and I suppose she looks after the shop when I'm not there, but I've no evidence that she's ever sold even a pair of socks
What's the experience of other players?

when a person comes and wants to work in your shop (I've had 4 people) you automatically hire them, BUT. you can only have one assistant at a time helping you.

If you want to switch go to the assistant info card (when your in your shop with the customer info cards go to the first one)
And click "Switch Assistant" and it will tell you what assistant you can switch too. Each assistant has a special skill. Like one can sell a piece of clothing to a customer without you having to do anything.
which is pretty helpful.

And if you dress assistants up in a certain brand/ taste people will sometimes notice, then buy an outfit because of how you dressed your assistant.
The same goes for when you dress your person. So before I go to the store in the morning I dress my person in a certain brand.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Mowzle

@Konata: Gee, thank you so much. That's really useful to know. I think I'll switch if I get someone who can actually sell clothing items occasionally, at least I won't feel they're such a waste of space.
Thanks also for the information about owner and assistant's clothing choices helping sales - I had suspected that was possible and dressed us both in branded outfits, but it's good to know I was correct.
Really appreciate that. Thanks again.

Edited on by Mowzle

Arianabtd

Mowzle wrote:

@Konata: Gee, thank you so much. That's really useful to know. I think I'll switch if I get someone who can actually sell clothing items occasionally, at least I won't feel they're such a waste of space.
Thanks also for the information about owner and assistant's clothing choices helping sales - I had suspected that was possible and dressed us both in branded outfits, but it's good to know I was correct.
Really appreciate that. Thanks again.

no problem! I'm glad I could help.

There is this one assistant that can "keep the stockroom stocked" but I haven't seen the assistant do anything....
Ill probably just go back to the assistant who can sell things.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Tardygirl81

Thanks, I had no idea you could switch assistants.

Tardygirl81

Mowzle

@Tardygirl81:I think the ability to switch assistants is a mixed blessing. The two extra ones that I have had the "privilege" to hire have the same skills as my starting assistant - affinity. I suppose it's worth the change if you want a different coat hanger to display your wares
I have had a string of customers all wanting me to psyche their "style", giving me no real clues, then don't like what I suggest. I've adopted the habit of declining their custom if my second choice doesn't please them. Life's too short to second guess what a computer program wants me to do.
For all that, I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying the game.
Apart from one point - I purchased an outfit in advance from one of the displays in my mobile phone and it never became downloadable. I keep getting told "this will be the place to download" stuff when I tap on downloads, but nothing ever seems to get up and running. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm in the UK - maybe the European website is taking it's time, or I'm not doing something right? My purchase has even vanished from the screen now - it's only virtual money, but.....

Edited on by Mowzle

theblackdragon

@Mowzle: if they want you to fit their 'style' and don't give you any hints, try and match the clothes they're currently wearing — that's worked for me, anyway. you get a feel for which clothes are which after a while, and look at their budget, too, especially if you like to sell luxury duds :3 also, some clothes will fall under multiple categories (a particular Cantata Modo skirt might pop up under both feminine and girly, for example) so that can help you to narrow down your possible categories to search under. I've even had people accept clothing from another style that matches a color they're wearing (some dude went for a shirt i showed him and said that blue was his favorite color even though it was contemporary and he was probably looking for basic), so it's at least worth a shot.

also, regarding assistants — they're pretty useless if you ask me, just another mannequin, lol. i think i've had only the one girl actually sell something (you'll know when they do because they'll tell you they put the money into the register, and also whether you're out of the item(s) in question so that you can buy more).

BEST THREAD EVER

Mowzle

@theblackdragon:I think I'm just not too good yet at telling the difference between some of the very similar styles, particularly in the feminine/girly range, which is my favorite. On the other hand one can tweak one item in a rejected outfit, and it gets accepted! Not something I'm going to lose sleep over, though.
Thanks for the advice.

florecita

blackdragon, beat me to it. Mowzle, If you have trouble figuring out what they want then just get something very similar to what they are wearing. At the end I dont see the point why they even ask me to pick a style for them!
Im having a really hard time winning 1st place for "flirty" on the international contest!!! Which is crazy that's the style I love the most! I always win the hippie, boho-chic and the luxury ones. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited on by florecita

florecita

theblackdragon

@florecita: ikr! sometimes i just want to shake these people and tell them their style sucks and they should wear whatever the hell i pick out for them haha~

anyway, whenever i have trouble with the contests, it's usually because (a) i'm looking at it from a western point of view, and (b) i've second-guessed something that could've put me straight into first place. Japanese style is different from western style, i think — sometimes they'll put outfits together that you wouldn't think would go, and somehow it just works. i can't explain it, really, but every time i've erred on the Japanese side and just slapped something together that i did not think would work at all, it's worked out — as opposed to the times where i really worked hard to make sure everything absolutely went together and looked amazing, and i got 2nd or 3rd place. ugh.

@Mowzle: believe me, i know what you're going through — after a while you'll start to be able to pick them apart, though. :3

Also, i totally had one of my assistants (Hazel) just purchase some sweater coat while I was playing last night, and it reminded me that she's done that maybe once before — she pops up either when you re-enter the shop or during a transition between times of day to say that she picked up some item for the stockroom and you'll get a sample of it when you get home, too. I guess that's what the 'keeps the stockroom full' assistants wind up doing every so often, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Arianabtd

florecita wrote:

blackdragon, beat me to it. Mowzle, If you have trouble figuring out what they want then just get something very similar to what they are wearing. At the end I dont see the point why they even ask me to pick a style for them!
Im having a really hard time winning 1st place for "flirty" on the international contest!!! Which is crazy that's the style I love the most! I always win the hippie, boho-chic and the luxury ones. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I got first on all of the international with one try...

EXECPT the Boho-chic.
What I found was best for the other themes is pick two colors to be your main colors. And base the outfit off of those two, and make sure the patterns aren't too crazy.

And what helps is using a lot of clothing pieces (At least 7, like Inner layer, outer, skirt/pant, shoes, purse, necklace and what ever other accessory you want to use.)

I sure hope this helps!

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

SheldonRandoms

I played this game at comic-con this year, I got first place in the fashion runway thing......................................I MAKE THE BEST THINGS EVER!?!??!?!?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

theblackdragon

@SheldonRandoms: If you mean you played a demo of this at Comic-Con this year, you were probably playing a beginner-level contest. they get harder as you progress through the actual game. If you enjoyed the demo at all, i'd really suggest picking up the actual game :3

BEST THREAD EVER

SheldonRandoms

@theblackdragon: No, it was the hardest leveled contest in the game

But really, this game is fun, I was going to get this, but then I got bought code of princess instead

Edited on by SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

florecita

Konata, TheBlackDragon,
thanks your tips were very helpful
Konata that's great ! I was winning first place from beginner to elite and as soon as the International contest came, it got pretty challenging for me. In a way it's good because I think it will be a lot more rewarding now when I finally get 1st place,lol.

florecita

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.