3DS Forum

Topic: Style Savvy: Trendsetters

Showing 261 to 280 of 490

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

261. Posted:

@Scar392: After reading the review it kinda sounds to me anyways like Harvest Moon gone fashion world lol. Now I am interested in checking out this game going to see if there is a demo for it and if it sounds as good as I think it does I might have to go and get a copy tomorrow. I am just going to feel a bit odd buying this game but it is Christmas time so I dont think people will think to odd of me buying. Probably will think I am picking it up for a sister or girlfriend or something along those lines lol.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

262. Posted:

Ya I suppose. I get so mad at Harvest Moon, because I always mess up. There never seems to be a good strategy for that game, and see so many wasted years go by in a couple hours. Haha. I only played Wonderful Life on GCN, and my plants always made less than what plants I grew in terms of seeds. I could never figure out how to get farm animals and get them to do stuff to benefit the farm.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

263. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya I suppose. I get so mad at Harvest Moon, because I always mess up. There never seems to be a good strategy for that game, and see so many wasted years go by in a couple hours. Haha. I only played Wonderful Life on GCN, and my plants always made less than what plants I grew in terms of seeds. I could never figure out how to get farm animals and get them to do stuff to benefit the farm.

All I have to say to that is walkthroughs are a beautiful thing. ;)

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

264. Posted:

Haha. Ya... I looked up some stuff, but I still couldn't do it in the unrealistic amount of time to do enough in the game. I think games need to have at least 10 times the amount of time of day and night, especially Zelda games, but Harvest Moon would probably just need 5 times as much. Winter comes in 10 days in that game, doesn't it?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

265. Posted:

It depends on the Harvest Moon game you play. I have only played the first one on SNES and than one on PS2 I think it was called Save the Homeland or something like that. I dont remember the SNES game too much but iirc in the PS2 one the seasons were a month long. Not sure on the GC one since I have never played that one.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

266. Posted:

Ok so I picked up the shopping spree demo and I have to ask is that all this game is about is buying outfits and showing them off?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

267. Posted:

the shopping demo isn't really a good demo i don't think — the fashion show demo is much more along the lines of what the game is all about. if you're not attempting to match a theme for a customer in your shop to sell an item or outfit, you're attempting to match a theme for the contests to win. you will have to shop the way you do in the shopping demo in order to find the items you'll sell your customers, but that's kinda the humdrum in-between stuff IMO.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

268. Posted:

Ah ok. Than I guess I will download the fashion show demo. I was a bit confused there and I couldn't understand what all the rave was about this game. Ok going to give that demo a try than.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

269. Posted:

No, that is just one of the Demos, and it is the one I played. However, there is another one which I think involves working in the shop - that one arrived in the European eShop last week, but I believe it's been available in the US eShop for several weeks.
If you read through some of the earlier pages of this topic, you'll get some idea of what the game is about. It mainly involves running a shop, purchasing clothes from wholesalers, satisfying the demands of the customers in your shop (both female and male customers), and entering style/fashion contests. There are many other minor aspects of the game to make it varied. It probably suits female players best, but a lot of men and boys are playing it and having a load of fun. I suppose you could call it a fashion based strategy game, and I think a lot of detailed thought and work has gone towards making it a game one could play for several months. I understand the fashions will change with the in-game seasons.
I suggest you read the very good review on this site written by a male reviewer, and try both available Demos. Have fun.
Edit - Pipped at the post! :P
TBD is obviously much better informed on the Demos than I am. I just played the 1st European one before moving on to purchase the game.

Edited on by Mowzle

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.
Animal Crossing New Leaf town - Sally and Spike live in Saco Bay. Dream Code 7900-2511-7269

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

270. Posted:

Thanks for the info Mowzle. Yeah I did read the review and as I do enjoy these type of sim games. The fact that it deals with fashion doesnt bother me for me its the game play and type of game it is. Thinking that if I enjoy the demo alot I might rent this from GameFly.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Konata

271. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok so I picked up the shopping spree demo and I have to ask is that all this game is about is buying outfits and showing them off?

oh no not at all! that's only one part with the online fashion mall.

there really isn't a good demo to show what the game is REALLY about.

I'm very excited because its winter time in style savvy! new fashions to buy x3

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

272. Posted:

@konata: haha i'm the opposite, i'm tired of having all these trenchcoats and heavy outer wear covering up all my awesome outfits, but they love the layers in this game :O

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

florecita

273. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Has there been moments during the game when a customers butt looks way too big in something but you just tell them 'nah you look fine and that dress brings out the colour in your eyes'... Do you tell them lies just to get the sale ;)

HAHA! you do lie in this game Mick, when you choose something kind of wacky for customers and theyre not sure to get it you have to pretty much tell a lie.

Im actually surprise I like this game as much as I do, I hated Harvest Moon. But the best part of this game I think is the competiton part of it on the fashion contests.

florecita

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9640-1549

AuthorMessage

Konata

274. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@konata: haha i'm the opposite, i'm tired of having all these trenchcoats and heavy outer wear covering up all my awesome outfits, but they love the layers in this game :O

I totally agree! like Le Spark (I love that brand) only has coats that cover up your ENTIRE outfit and it drives me NUTS. I try only getting open coats from the buyers center when I can.

Oh and yesterday I finished all the contests, HOORAY. I wish they would give you something though...

Edited on by Konata

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

MAB

275. Posted:

florecita wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Has there been moments during the game when a customers butt looks way too big in something but you just tell them 'nah you look fine and that dress brings out the colour in your eyes'... Do you tell them lies just to get the sale ;)

HAHA! you do lie in this game Mick, when you choose something kind of wacky for customers and theyre not sure to get it you have to pretty much tell a lie.

Im actually surprise I like this game as much as I do, I hated Harvest Moon. But the best part of this game I think is the competiton part of it on the fashion contests.

Cool! I guess this game has all the drama that can be associated with the fashion industry. Lookout for Style Savvy: Nip Tuck Surgery in 2013 :P

MAB

AuthorMessage

drifter444

276. Posted:

New pictures! I'm loving winter in this game. So festive!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

The Station Plaza looks so beautiful during Christmas!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by drifter444

drifter444

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

277. Posted:

This forum has been quiet for a few days, but I have a question if anyone is passing and knows the answer. I've had a female and a male approach me in my shop and say they would like to work there if I'm looking for more assistance - then I get a follow up note from them in my mobile phone. Am I supposed to do something about this, and if so, how do I do it?
I'm not sure I want extra assistants, the first one chats to me daily and I dress her up in a new outfit, and I suppose she looks after the shop when I'm not there, but I've no evidence that she's ever sold even a pair of socks :D
What's the experience of other players?

Animal Crossing New Leaf town - Sally and Spike live in Saco Bay. Dream Code 7900-2511-7269

AuthorMessage

Konata

278. Posted:

Mowzle wrote:

This forum has been quiet for a few days, but I have a question if anyone is passing and knows the answer. I've had a female and a male approach me in my shop and say they would like to work there if I'm looking for more assistance - then I get a follow up note from them in my mobile phone. Am I supposed to do something about this, and if so, how do I do it?
I'm not sure I want extra assistants, the first one chats to me daily and I dress her up in a new outfit, and I suppose she looks after the shop when I'm not there, but I've no evidence that she's ever sold even a pair of socks :D
What's the experience of other players?

when a person comes and wants to work in your shop (I've had 4 people) you automatically hire them, BUT. you can only have one assistant at a time helping you.

If you want to switch go to the assistant info card (when your in your shop with the customer info cards go to the first one)
And click "Switch Assistant" and it will tell you what assistant you can switch too. Each assistant has a special skill. Like one can sell a piece of clothing to a customer without you having to do anything.
which is pretty helpful.

And if you dress assistants up in a certain brand/ taste people will sometimes notice, then buy an outfit because of how you dressed your assistant.
The same goes for when you dress your person. So before I go to the store in the morning I dress my person in a certain brand.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Mowzle

279. Posted:

@Konata: Gee, thank you so much. That's really useful to know. I think I'll switch if I get someone who can actually sell clothing items occasionally, at least I won't feel they're such a waste of space. :D
Thanks also for the information about owner and assistant's clothing choices helping sales - I had suspected that was possible and dressed us both in branded outfits, but it's good to know I was correct.
Really appreciate that. Thanks again.

Edited on by Mowzle

AuthorMessage

Konata

280. Posted:

Mowzle wrote:

@Konata: Gee, thank you so much. That's really useful to know. I think I'll switch if I get someone who can actually sell clothing items occasionally, at least I won't feel they're such a waste of space. :D
Thanks also for the information about owner and assistant's clothing choices helping sales - I had suspected that was possible and dressed us both in branded outfits, but it's good to know I was correct.
Really appreciate that. Thanks again.

no problem! I'm glad I could help.

There is this one assistant that can "keep the stockroom stocked" but I haven't seen the assistant do anything....
Ill probably just go back to the assistant who can sell things.

Visit my K-Pop lair!