Forums

Topic: Style Savvy: Trendsetters

Posts 221 to 240 of 426

florecita

How long does it take for me to step up to something more than a beginner in the fashion contests? I have won first place like six in a row I think. So I was wondering if I still have a lot to go to step up to the next level.

Edited on by florecita

florecita

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9640-1549

fashiondiva1

Shadowfax wrote:

I think i play further a little bit. I really like the game. What did you do after you beaten the game?

I Bought Every Makeup Product. Hee Hee.

Style Savvy SC- S00E26F89
3DS FC- 5112-4366-8387
Play Time For Style Savvy- 94 HOURS!
Add Me Or Get Eaten By The Giant Purple Squirrel O_o

Last updated on 12/30/12
3DS Played Titles-
Cooking Mama: 4, Nintendogs+Cats,, MARIO KART 7, The Sims 3, Style Savvy, ...

Tardygirl81

I did the same thing. I actually have fun changing the makeup and hair color to match the outfit.

Tardygirl81

florecita

YEAH! Awesome! I moved to the next level in the fashion contest. There seems to be the trend that if you win several rounds in first place and then you get some cash as an award, then you win the title. Pretty straightforward.

Edited on by theblackdragon

florecita

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9640-1549

MAB

Has there been moments during the game when a customers butt looks way too big in something but you just tell them 'nah you look fine and that dress brings out the colour in your eyes'... Do you tell them lies just to get the sale

MAB

SCRAPPER392

Can you use the mic to say, 'lookin fine girl!'. Haha, I was just seeing what the heck is going on in this thread... Do you recommend this game for guys? Is there missions and stuff? I don't really get how this game works.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Tasuki

SCAR392 wrote:

Can you use the mic to say, 'lookin fine girl!'. Haha, I was just seeing what the heck is going on in this thread... Do you recommend this game for guys? Is there missions and stuff? I don't really get how this game works.

I was thinking the same thing lol. I am not sure if this is a game for guys or what but NL did a review (and it was a guy) and it got an 8/10. Its here if you want to read it https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/style_savvy_trendsetters maybe if they have a demo of it I might check it out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SCRAPPER392

Haha. Ok. At least it will be on the eShop for insta purchase if I want to be trendy right away! Haha. I was never into these games much(The Sims type)... but maybe this will change my mind.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Ya, a demo sounds like a good idea for sure.

Qwest

Tasuki

@Scar392: After reading the review it kinda sounds to me anyways like Harvest Moon gone fashion world lol. Now I am interested in checking out this game going to see if there is a demo for it and if it sounds as good as I think it does I might have to go and get a copy tomorrow. I am just going to feel a bit odd buying this game but it is Christmas time so I dont think people will think to odd of me buying. Probably will think I am picking it up for a sister or girlfriend or something along those lines lol.

My Backlog

SCRAPPER392

Ya I suppose. I get so mad at Harvest Moon, because I always mess up. There never seems to be a good strategy for that game, and see so many wasted years go by in a couple hours. Haha. I only played Wonderful Life on GCN, and my plants always made less than what plants I grew in terms of seeds. I could never figure out how to get farm animals and get them to do stuff to benefit the farm.

Qwest

Tasuki

SCAR392 wrote:

Ya I suppose. I get so mad at Harvest Moon, because I always mess up. There never seems to be a good strategy for that game, and see so many wasted years go by in a couple hours. Haha. I only played Wonderful Life on GCN, and my plants always made less than what plants I grew in terms of seeds. I could never figure out how to get farm animals and get them to do stuff to benefit the farm.

All I have to say to that is walkthroughs are a beautiful thing.

My Backlog

SCRAPPER392

Haha. Ya... I looked up some stuff, but I still couldn't do it in the unrealistic amount of time to do enough in the game. I think games need to have at least 10 times the amount of time of day and night, especially Zelda games, but Harvest Moon would probably just need 5 times as much. Winter comes in 10 days in that game, doesn't it?

Qwest

Tasuki

It depends on the Harvest Moon game you play. I have only played the first one on SNES and than one on PS2 I think it was called Save the Homeland or something like that. I dont remember the SNES game too much but iirc in the PS2 one the seasons were a month long. Not sure on the GC one since I have never played that one.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Ok so I picked up the shopping spree demo and I have to ask is that all this game is about is buying outfits and showing them off?

My Backlog

theblackdragon

the shopping demo isn't really a good demo i don't think — the fashion show demo is much more along the lines of what the game is all about. if you're not attempting to match a theme for a customer in your shop to sell an item or outfit, you're attempting to match a theme for the contests to win. you will have to shop the way you do in the shopping demo in order to find the items you'll sell your customers, but that's kinda the humdrum in-between stuff IMO.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tasuki

Ah ok. Than I guess I will download the fashion show demo. I was a bit confused there and I couldn't understand what all the rave was about this game. Ok going to give that demo a try than.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Mowzle

No, that is just one of the Demos, and it is the one I played. However, there is another one which I think involves working in the shop - that one arrived in the European eShop last week, but I believe it's been available in the US eShop for several weeks.
If you read through some of the earlier pages of this topic, you'll get some idea of what the game is about. It mainly involves running a shop, purchasing clothes from wholesalers, satisfying the demands of the customers in your shop (both female and male customers), and entering style/fashion contests. There are many other minor aspects of the game to make it varied. It probably suits female players best, but a lot of men and boys are playing it and having a load of fun. I suppose you could call it a fashion based strategy game, and I think a lot of detailed thought and work has gone towards making it a game one could play for several months. I understand the fashions will change with the in-game seasons.
I suggest you read the very good review on this site written by a male reviewer, and try both available Demos. Have fun.
Edit - Pipped at the post!
TBD is obviously much better informed on the Demos than I am. I just played the 1st European one before moving on to purchase the game.

Edited on by Mowzle

Best place to hang out on a dull day? Nintendolife.

Tasuki

Thanks for the info Mowzle. Yeah I did read the review and as I do enjoy these type of sim games. The fact that it deals with fashion doesnt bother me for me its the game play and type of game it is. Thinking that if I enjoy the demo alot I might rent this from GameFly.

My Backlog

Arianabtd

Tasuki wrote:

Ok so I picked up the shopping spree demo and I have to ask is that all this game is about is buying outfits and showing them off?

oh no not at all! that's only one part with the online fashion mall.

there really isn't a good demo to show what the game is REALLY about.

I'm very excited because its winter time in style savvy! new fashions to buy x3

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.