3DS Forum

Topic: Special Trailer for Tekken 3D Prime Edition

Showing 1 to 20 of 28

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Simmer_E

1. Posted:

It's kind of funny lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aBRrCeKAeE

@AtomicOtaku

That was really him?! :D
I thought they used some guy that looked like him lol

Edited on by Simmer_E

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

2. Posted:

I can't believe Ono agreed to do this.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GARF13LD

3. Posted:

I thought I couldn't be anymore pumped for this game... I was wrong!

That advert is the best gaming ad I have seen in years, they need to air this in the UK.

"Fail to prepare, then prepare to fail"

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blaze

4. Posted:

Can't wait! Has it been given an approximate release yet? I think I heard somewhere that it's like February...

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Simmer_E

5. Posted:

GARF13LD wrote:

I thought I couldn't be anymore pumped for this game... I was wrong!

That advert is the best gaming ad I have seen in years, they need to air this in the UK.

these people say 17th of Feb. for Europe :P
So, it must be around that time for America :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-03-tekken-3d-prime-...

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

6. Posted:

That's too cool. I hope that means street fighter x tekken and/or tekken x street fighter are coming to wii u

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

7. Posted:

The game looks amazing graphically.

I still don't get why Street Fighter and Tekken are getting a crossover game. The games play completely differently. Tekken has more in common with DoA, Virtua Fighter, and the new Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter has more in common with BlazeBlue and King of Fighters.

Is there some ongoing rivalry between Capcom and Namco that I was unaware of?

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

8. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

The game looks amazing graphically.

I still don't get why Street Fighter and Tekken are getting a crossover game. The games play completely differently. Tekken has more in common with DoA, Virtua Fighter, and the new Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter has more in common with BlazeBlue and King of Fighters.

Is there some ongoing rivalry between Capcom and Namco that I was unaware of?

a few years back, there was a game title namco x capcom for the PS2, which was more of a role-playing game as opposed to a one on one fighter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_%C3%97_Capcom

since then, capcom have made streetfighter x tekken and namco will return the favour with tekken x streetfighter. but yes, tekken has more in common with virtua fighter, DoA than streetfighter. i mean, tekken was released as a rival to sega's VF.

there has also been capcom vs SNK fighting games released.

i personally would like to see virtua fighter v tekken on the 3DS- both 3-D fighters and it'll make more sense than streetfighter x tekken.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

9. Posted:

Capcom agreed to this advert? Why?

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

10. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

Capcom agreed to this advert? Why?

Probably to poke fun at their crossover Street Fighter X Tekken. Capcom and Namco seem to be getting along rather well, a friendly rivalry, if you will.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

11. Posted:

Well that's always good I suppose... :3 Might mean more games for us in the long run. :D

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

12. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

The game looks amazing graphically.

I still don't get why Street Fighter and Tekken are getting a crossover game. The games play completely differently. Tekken has more in common with DoA, Virtua Fighter, and the new Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter has more in common with BlazeBlue and King of Fighters.

Is there some ongoing rivalry between Capcom and Namco that I was unaware of?

IF you think Tekken and Mortal Kombat or Street fighter and Blazbue are similar in style don't know what to say.

That's the point of the Game how would these capcom fighters work in the Tekken style and Vice Versa.

Play Capcom vs Snk and then SNK vs capcom to see what I mean.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

13. Posted:

@shingi_70

I was talking about the new Mortal Kombat, which has more in common with Tekken now. The fighting mechanics are very similar.

But my point still stands that Tekken, DoA, and Virtua Fighter all play fairly similarly.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

14. Posted:

@Tendoboy
Seeing as Mortal Kombat is still a 2D fighting game and they have crazy finishing moves I'd say it has more in common with Street Fighter.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

15. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Tendoboy
Seeing as Mortal Kombat is still a 2D fighting game and they have crazy finishing moves I'd say it has more in common with Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat 9 (the new game I am talking about) is more slower-paced than Street Fighter. And Tekken is still played on a 2D-plane, unlike Soul Caliber which has 360-degree movement (circle around opponents).

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

16. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Tendoboy
Seeing as Mortal Kombat is still a 2D fighting game and they have crazy finishing moves I'd say it has more in common with Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat 9 (the new game I am talking about) is more slower-paced than Street Fighter. And Tekken is still played on a 2D-plane, unlike Soul Caliber which has 360-degree movement (circle around opponents).

Tekken 4,5, and 6 let you circle around your opponents and have interactive stages....

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

17. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Tendoboy
Seeing as Mortal Kombat is still a 2D fighting game and they have crazy finishing moves I'd say it has more in common with Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat 9 (the new game I am talking about) is more slower-paced than Street Fighter. And Tekken is still played on a 2D-plane, unlike Soul Caliber which has 360-degree movement (circle around opponents).

Tekken 4,5, and 6 let you circle around your opponents and have interactive stages....

I did not know that. I haven't played Tekken in forever. What about Virtua Fighter? Has that series caught up to Tekken and DoA yet?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

18. Posted:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Tendoboy
Seeing as Mortal Kombat is still a 2D fighting game and they have crazy finishing moves I'd say it has more in common with Street Fighter.

Mortal Kombat 9 (the new game I am talking about) is more slower-paced than Street Fighter. And Tekken is still played on a 2D-plane, unlike Soul Caliber which has 360-degree movement (circle around opponents).

Tekken 4,5, and 6 let you circle around your opponents and have interactive stages....

I did not know that. I haven't played Tekken in forever. What about Virtua Fighter? Has that series caught up to Tekken and DoA yet?

It surpased them a while ago. Most hardcore fighter fans (the pro esports guys) really only play street fighter and VF. I think they say that VF has the best game A.I. when it comes to the pratice mode in the way it scales to how well you do in the mode. (too bad patents stop anyone else from using it)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

19. Posted:

Why only Street Fighter and VF? Do they not think DoA, Soul Caliber, and Tekken are worth being in tournaments? I guess I can see the lack of enthusiasm for DoA cause the game is all about the girls' assets...

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

20. Posted:

Well, about the opponents scaling to your skill, Smash Bros Brawl does something similar. You can even "teach" the CPU to counter your attacks if you spam it over and over. Eventually, they'll recognize your timing and counter it. Also, because I've been playing for a long time in offline, my CPU are really challenging and know my play style. They even "copy" me. For example, the way I play my Ness and Kirby, if the computer are those characters, they seem to play similar or use the same techniques I do which is weird but oh so cool. And they never did that before at all.

I think with these fighting games, if you play enough offline with CPUs, they'll be "trained" to know how you play.

komicturtle