Forums

Topic: SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 2)

Posts 161 to 176 of 176

CanisWolfred

Meowpheel wrote:

It comes with some nice samples.

You can also go straight to downloading games made by the community. You just need the passwords.

Good, because I kinda downloaded it on impulse when I saw @justlink's post. I gotta learn to look before I leap...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mystman12

I really hope SmileBOOM fixes this in an update before Nintendo removes it... I would be ridiculously upset if this gets removed permanently...

Btw, has VVVVVV been re-added to the eShop yet?

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I finally beat Shantae, so I can boot this up at least...guess we'll see where this goes...

EDIT: I feel like something was lost in translation during the tutorial...like, this is basically babelfish. Luckily I got a whole thread to skim through here...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Justlink

Old Petit Computer Thread:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer?sta...
Tutorial Thread:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/petit_computer_tut...

If you check out these other pages and have some time to search for examples, a lot of code is pretty similar to the old coding. If you need help, I have worked on learning this and I'm pretty sure some others here have experience. So if you need help, just post or look in older forums

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

LemonSlice

mystman12 wrote:

I really hope SmileBOOM fixes this in an update before Nintendo removes it... I would be ridiculously upset if this gets removed permanently...

Btw, has VVVVVV been re-added to the eShop yet?

The exploit is within a piece of software made with SmileBasic, correct? They can just remove the offending application and make a checker that checks whether any newly uploaded software has the exploit, possibly within the tool itself as well. I'm afraid if they remove the possibility of making the exploit in the first place by mucking with the language they might break some of the content that was made with SmileBasic.

LemonSlice

TexMurphy

I did a lot of programming on the old Petit Computer. (Drawit, Mortal Kombat, Mapit, Scopa, Talon, etc..) Is this worth the purchase?

TexMurphy

ejamer

@TexMurphy
Be warned though - it's different. Some techniques that were very effective in Petit Computer won't work in SmileBASIC. You won't be able to just bring your old code forward in many cases, and will have to get used to a new set of development oddities. One example that springs to mind is the loss of sprite palettes.

That said, I think SmileBASIC is pretty awesome, and if you enjoyed toying with Petit Computer then you'll probably have a good time here as well.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

LemonSlice

Whoa, it's been a long time since my dumb post that someone posted another message.

LemonSlice

ejamer

I think the game only recently came out (!!) in Europe a few months ago - August maybe?
So there is probably some uptick in curious/interested people.

I wonder how long the servers will stay active for?

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Justlink

I still program with it time to time! It's really fun to learn with

Dynadan

Whatever happened to SmileBasic for the Wii U?

Life, the Universe, and Everything

3DS Friend Code: 4957-2813-6791 | Nintendo Network ID: shooter009

LemonSlice

Danny429 wrote:

Whatever happened to SmileBasic for the Wii U?

The same thing that happened to WiiU. ):

LemonSlice

Dynadan

@Petraplexity @LemonSlice oh, that's unfortunate. There wasn't even an announcement or anything.

Well, I feel a bit late to the party, but at least I finally got the 3ds version. I'm finally learning to code
I've looked at the web tutorial. Are there any other outside sources I should look at to help me learn?

Life, the Universe, and Everything

3DS Friend Code: 4957-2813-6791 | Nintendo Network ID: shooter009

Justlink

Really excited about this tbh. I still use the 3ds editor time to time. Sad we missed the Wii U version

Windy

I havent fired this up in so long. I still have no clue what im doing. If you can find Caleste I highly recommend adding it to petit computer its as good as most eshop titles

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Sorry, this topic has been locked.