Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 721 to 740 of 777

iKhan

Magiana: The Italian Restaurant Pokemon

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Rensch

@foodmetaphors Seen it.

Looks like it's indeed a Steel-type robot Pokémon. Not sure about Fairy yet but I can imagine that as well. Electric is also a possibilty with it being a robot. Cool design. Wonder if this Pokémon will be available in a new generation 6 game or if they are going to save this one for the next generation.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Bolt_Strike

Gen 6.5 confirmed.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

All I see is a robotic diancie

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

firechicken98 wrote:

A more robust post game would be nice. And tons of new Pokemon but no ice cream cones or keys

You're right, we need more eggs and upside down pokeballs

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

Waluigi wrote:

firechicken98 wrote:

A more robust post game would be nice. And tons of new Pokemon but no ice cream cones or keys

You're right, we need more eggs and upside down pokeballs

And some more Seals
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike: And it's officially a Mythical Pokemon, which I don't believe we knew before.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: And it's officially a Mythical Pokemon, which I don't believe we knew before.

No, we knew that. CoroCoro explicitly referred to it as mythical.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Sisilly_G

I may be a little biased, but I'd like to see a region based on Australia. There could be a good mix of coastal towns, a desert or two, and some country towns in addition to a sprawling metropolis or two with plenty of things to see and do. And considering Australia's unique fauna, there are plenty of Pokémon that could be based on real-life creatures (emu, koala, platypus, Bilby, Tasmanian Tiger). Perhaps any Pokémon based on extinct species could be resurrected via fossils, but are unique in the sense that they can only crossbreed with certain Pokémon, with the potential to spawn various unique offspring with their own evolutionary families (without producing an exact replica of the legendary or "extinct" specimen, a la Manaphy). It never made sense that the fossilised Pokémon can breed so easily despite the fact they are considered to be "extinct".

And existing Pokémon, such as Dodrio, Houndour, Seviper, Arbok, Ariados and of course Kangaskhan would fit right in with the new species (perhaps classic Pokémon can have slightly different forms and evolutions that are endemic to region). And maybe we can finally have a Ground-type Eevee evolution if he levels up near an Uluru-type structure.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

DefHalan

@sillygostly: I have brought up the idea of an area with more desert. I think it could be interesting.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sisilly_G

7.8/10 - Too much sand

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

SCRAPPER392

My expectations are probably too high for Pokemon Z.
I'm never going to forget Orange Islands or that episode where they showed a bunch of badges that didn't exist that I wanted.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Sisilly_G

I'm more bummed about the lack of Pink Pokémon from a particular episode… I don't care much for Rhyhorn or its evolutionary family (unless they're shiny), but I can never forget that pink Rhyhorn… now imagine a shiny pink Rhyhorn…………………………

So pretty, I'd mistake it for ice-cream.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

Tyranexx

Aarod_Kong wrote:

Crystal Onix..... I'll never forget you. 😢

I definitely wish this was a thing.

I also hope they bring back spiky-eared Pichu at some point.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sisilly_G

Aarod_Kong wrote:

Crystal Onix..... I'll never forget you. 😢

I forgot about that. Maybe "Crystal/Glass" can be the next Pokémon type...

Offensive
Regularly effective against: Fire, Fighting, Water, Grass, Poison, Electric, Dark, Psychic
Super effective against: Normal, Flying, Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Steel
Not very effective against: Ground, Rock, Ice
No effect against: Ghost

Defensive
Neutral: Ice, Dragon, Dark
Weaknesses: Fire, Fighting, Rock, Steel, Electric, Ground
Resistances: Normal, Flying, Bug, Ghost, Fairy
Immunities: Water, Grass, Poison, Psychic

Crystal types will typically have high base HP, Attack and Special Defense, average Defense, but relatively poor Speed and Special Attack.

I'm not certain as to how accurate this would be, or if it would cause a competitive imbalance, but it's a plausible type that could add even more diversity to the mix. I would also like to see a Data/Digital type for artificial/digitally constructed Pokémon (the Porygon family would be recategorised as a pure "Digital" type), however, there are very, very few current Pokémon (if any) that would also fit into the category. Genesect in its current form could also fit into this category, however, it should have a "primal" form that is reflective of Genesect's true form (devoid of the "Digital" typing) as Genesect's current form has been genetically altered by Team Plasma. The digital type will be somewhat of a crossing over between the Electric, Ghost and Psychic types.

Offensive
Regularly effective against: Water, Normal, Fairy, Steel, Ghost, Dragon
Super effective against: Electric, Flying, Psychic, Dark, Bug
Not very effective against: Grass, Poison, Fire, Fighting
No effect against: Ground, Rock, Ice

Defensive
Neutral: Normal, Flying, Grass, Dragon, Steel, Poison
Weaknesses: Ground, Rock, Ice, Fighting, Water, Fire, Electric
Resistances: Bug, Fairy, Dark
Immunities: Psychic

To compensate for the fact that the Digital type has the highest number of weaknesses than any other, it will have very high Special Attack and Special Defense stats, good HP and Speed, however, due to the nature of this type, it will have average to weak Attack and Defense stats. Digital types will have unique RAM-upgrade held items (that can boost either their HP, Speed, Sp. Atk or Sp. Def), and their move sets will also be comprised of electric, psychic and perhaps a few ghost type moves in addition to digital type moves.

"Sharpen", "Conversion" and "Conversion 2" will all be recategorised as Digital-type moves, and most new Digital-type moves will be either stat-boosting moves (by compromising on another stat, unless it is holding an item that prevents the reduction of a particular stat), and offensive moves are almost exclusively Special Attack moves.

Proposed Digital-type moves:
Hack - Causes simultaneous confusion and paralysis. Accuracy 70.
Blackout - Lowers the accuracy of all non-Digital and Ghost-type Pokémon in play for up to 5 turns. Temporarily nullifies abilities such as "No Guard", but has no effect against abilities such as "Keen Eye".
Oscillate - Increases speed by 1 and also restores 1/8th of the Pokémon's HP.

Big Root and herbal remedies have no effect on Digital-type Pokémon, and they must be nourished with unique "Digital" remedies (Digital remedies are unique as they can restore HP and provide a stat boost). An "Anti-virus Software" held-item will make Digital-type moves super effective against Poison types, and the holding Pokémon totally immune to Poison-type moves.

There are plenty of possibilities, and while Digital-type Pokémon will not pose too great a threat offensively-speaking, they can certainly cause a lot of disruption on the battlefield.

Sisilly_G

And as a fun little touch, instead of "fainting", Digital Pokémon will "crash".

Porygon-Z crashed!

That would be especially funny if Game Freak decides to make a Pokémon based on a crash-test dummy.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.