Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 701 to 720 of 777

Smash_kirby

In all honesty either they need to do what Smash 3DS does or make Z a New 3DS exclusive with using the c-nub for full camera support.

Smash_kirby

Bolt_Strike

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

it wouldn't be the first time nintendo released a third version on old hardware. They did with the DS so get over it already and there's no guarantee that the NX is a new handheld.

Releasing a third version isn't the problem, it's if they have an entirely new generation on 3DS as well. That didn't exactly work out well, it sold worse than 4th gen and there were a lot of complaints about not having a 3DS game out early enough, and from what I heard Nintendo wasn't happy either. There's probably going to be pressure for Game Freak to make the transition sooner rather than later, so a 2017 7th gen debut on NX would be pretty reasonable.

As for it not being confirmed to be a handheld, that's true, but it wouldn't make sense for it not to have some kind of handheld functionality. The 3DS is clearly on its last legs and is ripe for replacement.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Luna_110

@ Bolt Strike: If the NX happened to be some handheld or hybrid, you don't think Game Freak already has a team assigned to it? Developing Z for the 3DS is a good way to release a Major game for the anniversary, and doesn't take up many resources that can be assigned for, supposedly, for the new Console.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Bolt_Strike

Luna_110 wrote:

@ Bolt Strike: If the NX happened to be some handheld or hybrid, you don't think Game Freak already has a team assigned to it? Developing Z for the 3DS is a good way to release a Major game for the anniversary, and doesn't take up many resources that can be assigned for, supposedly, for the new Console.

Again, you're not understanding what I'm saying. I have no problem with Z being on the 3DS. I have a big problem with any main game after it being on the 3DS. We definitely need Z to wrap up this generation, but I don't want to see them waste any more time after that transitioning the series onto the NX.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

Pretty sure the main concept here is about:
2013 - X/Y
2014 - OR/AS
2015 - Nothing
2016 - Z
2017 - Gen 7 on 3DS successor

vs.:
2013 - X/Y
2014 - OR/AS
2015 - Nothing
2016 - Z
2017 - Gen 7
2018 - Diamond/Pearl remakes
2019 - Gen 7 2nd set
2020 - Gen 8 on 3DS successor

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Pretty sure the main concept here is about:
2013 - X/Y
2014 - OR/AS
2015 - Nothing
2016 - Z
2017 - Gen 7 on 3DS successor

vs.:
2013 - X/Y
2014 - OR/AS
2015 - Nothing
2016 - Z
2017 - Gen 7
2018 - Diamond/Pearl remakes
2019 - Gen 7 2nd set
2020 - Gen 8 on 3DS successor

Finally someone gets it.

Although if we get 7th gen on the 3DS, we probably won't get DP remakes on the 3DS. DP remakes are probably going to be on the 3DS successor regardless of what Pokemon generation that is, just as ORAS skipped 5th gen because it was still a DS generation.

Bolt_Strike

SCRAPPER392

They just need to make Pokemon Colloseum 3, then add special connectivity to unlock a super rare and secret Pokemon for Pokemon Z that beats Mewtwo for sure; this time.

Also, full 3D and a free subscription of Pokemon Bank for 3 months, so that your Pokemon get stuck in micro transaction wonderland, afterwards.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Kylo_Ren

Pokemon Bank should be free in the first place, but I guess GF and Nintendo need some extra pennies.
I think that Z is coming soon, the amount of hints, we had, suggests we will be getting a Z.

Kylo_Ren

DefHalan

Kylo_Ren wrote:

Pokemon Bank should be free in the first place, but I guess GF and Nintendo need some extra pennies.
I think that Z is coming soon, the amount of hints, we had, suggests we will be getting a Z.

I don't mind the $5 a year. However, if Nintendo starts charging for Online (PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live style) then I will expect Pokemon Bank to be covered under that fee.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tyranexx

Kylo_Ren wrote:

While I'm not ruling out the notion that there's some profit for one or both companies involved, a lot of the cost is likely to cover server maintenance and upkeep. Those 'mons have to be stored somewhere!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

Kylo_Ren wrote:

What gets me about Bank isn't that you have to pay for the package as a whole, but that you can only transfer Pokemon using the service, because if that's all you really want out of the service you're wasting money on 100 boxes that you're not even using. Transfers should be free, you're only using 1 box of storage space for ~ 1 minute, the costs of maintaining that should be negligible and there's enough people that breed or hoard their Pokemon that they can afford not to charge players that are just transferring. I think it'd be more fair if you could either be billed for however much space you use or if they sold different sizes for different prices (say, you could pay $1 a year for only 20 boxes instead of $5 a year for 100). That way you're not being charged for what you're not using.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

I'd honestly prefer they sold boxes themselves rather than the service.

Like you basically get a free PC (30 boxes) ignitially, and 2 dollars unlocks 10 permanant boxes or something like that.

Breeders don't really need 100 boxes, any freebies we get are usually released or wondertraded (and then we release the those)

Now if bank is planned to be in use for 2 more gens or something with many more pokemon to store, then I can see why they started with 100.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Like you basically get a free PC (30 boxes) ignitially, and 2 dollars unlocks 10 permanant boxes or something like that.

Breeders don't really need 100 boxes, any freebies we get are usually released or wondertraded (and then we release the those)

Now if bank is planned to be in use for 2 more gens or something with many more pokemon to store, then I can see why they started with 100.

I think Pokemon Bank is supposed to be around until they stop making Pokemon games. Kinda the benefit of it being mostly server based is the onterface is really the only compatibility issue, which they could just make a new one for the NX or whatever.

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I think Pokemon Bank is supposed to be around until they stop making Pokemon games. Kinda the benefit of it being mostly server based is the onterface is really the only compatibility issue, which they could just make a new one for the NX or whatever.

That's what they said when they first announced it, yes.

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

That's what they said when they first announced it, yes.

And when Pokemon Bank stops being relevant, I will stop using it. The $10, soon another $5, I have put into it has been well worth it for me to actually be able to transfer between two games, soon more as I am trying to collect all 720 without trading (except for evolutions), without needing more devices.

Lugia

Can someone help me complete my national dex in ORAS? I'm super close to getting the shiny charm. My FC is 0817-5038-358 if anyone wants to help. Also, please add me on kik @poketweets if you want to talk while trading

Lugia

Kylo_Ren

Pokemon's 20th anniversary, maybe time for the announcement we all been waiting for.

Kylo_Ren

Araquanid

@Kylo_Ren: I think they already confirmed their plans for the anniversay, it's unrelated to the games.

I think it's just them opening pokemon center once again.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Kylo_Ren

They should open a Pokemon center in London...

Kylo_Ren

Rensch

NEW Pokémon confirmed with mysterious silhouette in CoroCoro Magazine (Via Serebii.net Twitter account)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca2Gz0rWwAAHzS4.jpg

Magiana
Type: unknown as of yet
What is this? A new Pokémon called Magiana. The silhouette resembles a rabbit. I also kind of get a flower-like feel from it. It reminds me of something like Lilligant or Bellossom. Could it be a Grass-type? It can also see this being an insect, which would mean it's a Bug-type. Hard to tell at this point, but it's apparently 100% real.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.