Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 126 to 145 of 18,270

e-love

^ Reminds me of Tropius a little.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

LzWinky

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

We finally reached Generation 6! Now the ultimate team can come together!
Untitled

Untitled

The third evolution of Bidoof!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

e-love

Lol oh no. Please. No more Bidoof!

/me hides D:

Aqueous

That's right, we can finally have teams of one type of starter.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

e-love

Untitled

Love all this fan-art rolling in.

KryptoniteKrunch

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

We finally reached Generation 6! Now the ultimate team can come together!
Untitled

I'm guessing a rabbit or a squirrel(we already have a squirrel and a flying squirrel but both of those being electric type).

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Jani-Koblaney

CaptainSquid wrote:

I wonder what the new fossil Pokémon will be like... I also kinda hope I'm not the only one who'll miss the pixelated Pokémon sprites just a little.

Same here. I like sprites a lot..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

19Robb92

I've been wanting a 3D Pokemon since I was 10! This is going to be amazing. I love the new starters as well, they look great. I just wish that the grass one looked morel like an actual animal. It seems a bit out of place along with the frog and wolf.

I just LOVE how you'll be able to see cities and people from afar in the distance.

What I'm wondering right now is if they're going to re-do the actual sounds/screams of the pokemon themselves as well. I really can't stand the 8-bit sounds they make. They need some decent audio this time. Also, I hope the this is actually a 3D world with 8-directional movement and not grid-based.. That'd suck big time.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

FriedSquid

19Robb92 wrote:

Also, I hope the this is actually a 3D world with 8-directional movement and not grid-based.. That'd suck big time.

I agree! It can be annoying to use the Circle Pad when playing White, the Circle Pad would obviously be perfect for that. Though it possibly could change some if the cave/dungeon puzzles, as most of them pretty much rely on the grid system. (like Strength boulders and ice puzzles) Also the Trainers, you might then not be able to stay outside of their view if you could move in every direction. (For example, when a Trainer is spinning in place, I just stay outside of those four lines that they could see me when they turn, if there's no grid system it could be not as simple as that? Eh.)

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

19Robb92

CaptainSquid wrote:

Though it possibly could change some if the cave/dungeon puzzles, as most of them pretty much rely on the grid system

Yeah, but I think that's exactly what needs to be done. New things.

Making it 8-directional would change a LOT of things in the Pokemon games. Just like you mentioned. It would be nice to see puzzles that aren't grid-based IMO. Why not let GameFreak think outside of that pattern based system for once, I want to see what they can come up with. If they're going to go 3D they might as well go all the way with it.

I also agree on the Circle Pad issue. Playing DS games in general with it isn't all that great.

Edited on by 19Robb92

DreamyViridi

@19Robb92 - A couple of games do work with it though, Mario 64 DS as a prime example.
Also you say new things needs to be done but when changes are made, people complain... a lot. The trailer shows the player taking a sharp left turn while in the forest-type area, so it might still be 4-directional (at least at this point in development).

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

19Robb92

Meh, let people complain. I don't care.

They're doing something new now, I think they should take that effort all the way. Build something from the ground up on a new foundation. I hope they change it up quite a bit personally.

Drawdler

Guys, watch the trailer. Bottom left corner near the start, "gameplay is not final"! If they still have the grid system, I'm sure they intend to change it before release, and we've only seen about a minute of footage. That said, if they don't I'll be fairly disappointed, but I really just want Pokémon in THREE DEE.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

19Robb92

I'd really love a Pokemon with the same camera system as in Zelda but a lot more zoomed out. Full 3D movement and a zoomed out 3rd person view of the landscape. That'd be nice.

I'd hate if all we got with X/Y is the same grid-based system with fixed camera angels placed all over the environment.

Jani-Koblaney

The grid system isn't even bad. I hated playing the Pokémon games on Gamecube. It felt weird and strange moving around 360° in there. The grid system works perfectly fine.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

zoroarkrules25

I thought pokemon XD gale of darkness was really good and fun.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.