3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 101 to 120 of 18,292

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

101. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

X already looks like it's going to be more popular than Y if you look at the number of topics on each board.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696960-pokemon-y

I'm going to be one the hipsters with the Y version.

Actually, read the posts and it appears Y Legendary has a slight edge in popularity. Also, Pokemon Gold was a more popular board, but Silver was a more popular game. Same with Black 2 and White 2, I believe.
Personally, I'm guessing that Y Legendary's game will sell more than X Legendary's. I think kids will just find the diabolical bird to look cooler.

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

102. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

I really love the names X and Y. For the first time ever, I'm like seriously intrigued by them. I think we all are. Like since when were we guessing what it might mean? I think Black and White had some deeper meaning, but this is the first time I'm really interested.

Let's see, X and Y could be chromosomes, involving DNA somehow. (There's a DNA symbol in the Japanese artwork logo).

It could also mean axis, like the dimensions. X, Y, and Z make the third dimension so basically 3D.

I think its really clever and cool. :p

You might be overthinking things. It just looks to be symbolic of the legendary type pokemon exclusive to each game. Look at the titles. The letter X has antlers and the letter Y has tail feathers. But the Japanese title does have a DNA helix... I better get Pokemon Y just in case it turns out to be the manlier game.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

103. Posted:

More exciting news! The names of the new Legendary Pokémon revealed in yesterday's video have been released. Xerneas and Yveltal will be starring in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y in October 2013! http://bit.ly/WvFtOd

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

104. Posted:

They're making me love them more and more every second. Xerneas and Yveltal are just awesome NAMES. :D

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

NinFreak

105. Posted:

Too hard to pronounce...

(insert witty signature here)

Nintendo Network ID: Ryano96

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

106. Posted:

here's how you pronounce it from serebii.net
Xerneas(pronounced ZURR-nee-us) and Yveltal (pronounced ee-VELL-tall ) have been revealed to be the names of the new Legendary Pokémon

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

lexxyomen

107. Posted:

I guess the next world map will be in Europe seeing Pikachu in the Eiffel Tower. I was shocked with worldwide released. I can't wait for this one.

Edited on by lexxyomen

lexxyomen

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

108. Posted:

I'm sorry but those are the dumbest legends names I've heard yet.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

109. Posted:

They sound Nordic. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Emaan

110. Posted:

Yveltal sounds cool, Xerneas just sounds lame. Oh well. We could always just refer to them as X and Y. :p

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Chuie

111. Posted:

ima keep checking updates on serebii everyday for a new pokemon like i did with black and white

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Emaan

112. Posted:

Apparently there's 50 new Pokemon at least. Could be a little more or just around that much. :O

That's the least amount of new Pokemon we've ever seen in a new Gen...

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

113. Posted:

True but that puts us above 700 or around that many.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Emaan

114. Posted:

Just to put in perspective here, if we take the minimum of 50. That leaves us with 39 already that we don't know, subtracting the 2 legends and the starters and their evolutions.

I don't really know what to think of this. :O

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

115. Posted:

At least 50, Emaan. I'm sure we'll get more than you're expecting right now. I can see Game Freak making at least 70 new Pokemon. That would be satisfying enough.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

116. Posted:

Ok so, I leave for 4 days... FOUR DAYS. And a whole new generation of pokemon games is announced!?

Maybe I should leave the internet more often.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

117. Posted:

I think the names are pretty cool i can't wait for more info on this.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

118. Posted:

You know why I like Chespin? He looks like he was gonna be like the next very common and unloved pokemon like Bidoof or Rattata or Patrat. But he was all "NO! I wanna be a Pokemon that matters a lot!" So he got a disguise from Leavanny and snuck himself in as a Grass type. :D
Untitled
ADORABLE!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

119. Posted:

Quick Thoughts:

Looks awesome, will buy.
Probably getting X because a game called Pokemon X sounds so cool. Pokemon... X!
Yeah, so they're probably named after dimensions because naming them after chromosomes makes so little sense than the fact it's on the 3DS. Also since that Y represents height (bird) and X represents width (huge space deer).
Going with Chespin. Yeah.
Last thing: I can't help but see Froakie as Benjamin Franklin, what with the look of his spectacles and his apparent beard/hair style. Come on, tell me it doesn't at least look a LITTLE like him?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Emaan

120. Posted:

Untitled

Water starters! Meet the new member of the family! :p

The Emaaloggery