Forums

Topic: Pokémon Sun & Moon - Discussion & Speculation

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 3,958

-Green-

My thoughts on the new Pokemon are similar to others above. The Panda one is meh, but I feel like I'll eventually get use to it. While the ragdoll ghost has a certain charm to it, so I'm okay with it.

By the way, the new trailer looks very nice and adorable. At least they're really trying to shake things up this time.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

roy130390

@Bolt_Strike That trailer is amazing, I'm really hyped for this game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Pokefanmum82

i really want these games. that grooming thing aka Poke Amie, looked fun. I will definitely have the two newly announced Pokemon in my PC, if not my team. The thing is that I want all of the Pokemon that have been shown so far except for that fish one. I still think it looks ugly.
Everytime I show my four year old a new Pokemon he's like I want it mommy. lol My three eldest are really excited for these Pokemon games.
Apparently Amazon & Nintendo of America partnered up for an exclusive double pack of Sun & Moon that comes with a steelbook with slots for the two games. I'm really tempted to get them even if it costs me extra.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Haru17

DarthNocturnal wrote:

The Pokemon Company is better at advertising then it's parent company.

Actually, they're better at a LOT of things, it seems...

Well, Nintendo just smoked E3, so I dunno what you mean. It's funny that this year we though was going to absolutely kill Nintendo has actually been pretty good for them. At least this summer.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

roy130390

@Tsurii Everybody seems to dislike the 6th generation while I think it's one of the best. I do see what you mean about those kinda cutesy pink critters since I feel the same about them but there were many designs that I consider the best in the series. For example, Noivern is the only dragon I actually like (I love dragons, just not the dragon designs featured in pokemon) since the 3rd generation when Flygon was introduced. I think it was a pretty cool idea to combine a bat and a dragon and give it a menacing look. Another amazing concept is Hawlucha, who became one of my favourite ones and I love that it's based on my country. Other designs that I find great where the entire Honedge line, Greninja, Charizard X and Y (specially Y for me) , Pyroar, Mega Scizor , Mega Houndoom, Aurorus line, Tyrantrum line, Gogoat, Meowstic, Talonflame, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Trevenant, Clawitzer, Sylveon and Pangoro line. Sure, there are so many that I'm not liking that much but I'm also not disliking them.

Slurpugg, audino, diggersby and spritzee are the only designs I really dislike, specially pritzee because it's hideous and doesn't do justice to the concept it was based on, wich were plague doctors. Of couse this is just my opinion mate, it's just that I feel a bit sad that I don't know anyone that shares my perspective abouth the 6th generation lol.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Haru17

The only fifth generation designs I liked were Volcarona and Sawsbuck. I hated the way just everything else was designed in that game: gaudy colors and loose line art with just no nuance or craft to them. Even the Yin / Yang legendaries are easily the most edgelord-y, unremarkable designs in the series, with Kyruem being just plain ugly. The dragons sucked, the bears sucked, the bugs sucked—hell, even the starter designs sucked (they were just derivative of Sinnoh's). There was a buffalo with an afro.

No.

Bolt_Strike

I've never really had much complaints on Pokemon designs, more so their concepts. And 5th gen definitely sucked in that area because they were deliberately trying to create similar Pokemon to fill the roles of older Pokemon that they wanted to get rid of to create that "fresh start" feeling. Which was completely dumb because having similar roles defeats the entire purpose.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Personally, all the bug types in gen five were my absolute favorite bug type designs besides accelgor. Leavanny could've looked better, as somebody who's favorite animal is mantids, the concept of leavanny somehow never appealed to me.

I'm glad gen 6 didn't introduce many bug types cause vivillon wasn't the absolute best out there. Looked just ok.

All the starters looked pretty good imo. The snivy line is probably my favorite of the grass (or starters in general) and samurott would be my favorite water type starter, (don't really care for oshawott, but dewott and samurott are cool).

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

Gen 5 Pokemon were pretty good, too bad the game was probably the worst of the main series of Pokemon

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

-Green-

The Gen 5 starters (and their evolutions) were some of my least favorite out of all the generations. The only ones I actually sort of enjoyed were Tepig and Samurott. The others were just meh and in the case of Pignite and Emboar, ugly.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

KO-Cub

I find a lot of Gen 6's designs questionable. Goomy into Sluggoo, you can see a theme where they get weirder as they evolved, and it reminds you of Parasect. Sluggoo evolves and looses its eyes, and gains a snail shell. THEME.

But then it's like a new artist just kicked the previous guy to the curb, came in, changed it all and completely made Sluggoo's next evolution make no sense. It gains eyes back, it gains patterns, it grows legs, it looses the shell design, bipedal stance.

I blame the new art style. Dropped it on us too early.

DefHalan wrote:

Gen 5 Pokemon were pretty good, too bad the game was probably the worst of the main series of Pokemon

If Gen 5 had good Pokemon and the greatest story (because it was the first they ever tried), then it's in no way 'worst' of the main series.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

FriedSquid

I actually really like Gen 6 designs (though there were bad ones too), especially compared to Gen 5, which looking back on it seems kind of bland and lazy overall. But even Gen 5 has some of my favorites, like the Snivy line, Zekrom, Chandelure line, Golurk, Joltik and Galvantula, Druddigon, and probably others I can't remember right now. And I feel like the only person that likes the Vanillite line.

With Gen 5 there's just too many designs they tried to reinvent from Gen 1 where I personally feel they didn't have any better ideas. Sawk and Throh, for example, were horrible designs compared to Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, IMO. Others like Conkeldurr and its line, the three monkeys, Roggenrola and its line, the kami trio, etc etc etc. Some of those designs I just have to ask what they were thinking with those bland rehashes. But, I personally think that overall they got more original in Gen 6.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Haru17

Untitled

Why... do you guys like this? I honestly want to know.

I mostly don't like the yellow / green scheme, but I also don't like how the first two are smiling, I don't think any of them are really snake-like to any significant or fulfilling degree, and I don't get what the flourishes are supposed to be.

Edited on by Haru17

DefHalan

KO-Cub wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

If Gen 5 had good Pokemon and the greatest story (because it was the first they ever tried), then it's in no way 'worst' of the main series.

The story got in the way of the main focus of the game, which to me is to catch and raise Pokemon. The experience mechanic also didn't help. It forced me to play a certain way and that is not how I play Pokemon. Gen 5 was the worst out of all the Pokemon Gens.

Eel

@the post before the previous one: I like the colors and the design. Simple as that.

Specially compared to the other two options.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DefHalan

Tsurii wrote:

If a good Pokémon game requires me to switch my brain off to fully enjoy it then yes, Gen 5 are bad Pokémon games. But the bulk of the other Pokemon games are simply either incredibly mediocre or outright bad RPGs, even if you look at them as RPGs for younger players.

I disagree. Gen 5 was the only Gen where I felt forced to turn off my brain to get through. Everything was going against my enjoyment in that Gen. (mostly speaking of B&W as I didn't play B2&W2) Pokemon games normally give a good amount of adventure and exploration feeling for me. Hunting and collecting Pokemon. Training and finding new attacks or abilities. A lot of this fell flat in Gen 5.

In Gen 5 I had to stop hunting and stop training because it was all so slow. If Gen 5 is "like what Pokémon is supposed to be" then they would lose a lot of their fans. I know people have been asking for more in depth stories in the Pokemon series, but Gen 5 should not be an example of a "good" Pokemon game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.