3DS Forum

Topic: pilotwings resort 3DS longevity?

Showing 1 to 20 of 92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

triforceofcourage

1. Posted:

(did i spell longevity right? :P)
I bought pilotwings at launch. I've only played 2 hours 38 minutes and 46 seconds of mission mode and i have 3 stars on all missions. Including diamond missions. I've played roughly the same amount of free flight mode and I've almost finished that too. Is anyone else disapointed that this game was so short? If they made another 3DS pilotwings game I would definately buy it though. If they included at least one new area (maybe a place from another video game?) and twice the amount of missions and free flight collectables. Is there anyone that beat theres earlier, and is still playing it?

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HanuKwanzMasBif

2. Posted:

Yeah, I thought it sounded like a barebones game. It's like Nintendo is purposefully not doing the best they can so that third parties will get a lot of the action. If that's what they're doing, they're doing it right, when I get a 3DS I'm getting SSFIV.

The Mii for 1000 3DSs Project! Make a Mii Viral!
My Games
TMBG fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JeanLuc_Vaycard

3. Posted:

Jumbif wrote:

Yeah, I thought it sounded like a barebones game. It's like Nintendo is purposefully not doing the best they can so that third parties will get a lot of the action. If that's what they're doing, they're doing it right, when I get a 3DS I'm getting SSFIV.

Yes I'm sure this is exactly what was going through their head! /me dramatically rolls eyes

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

4. Posted:

I think Nintendo wants 3rd and 1st parties to sell, I mean we still have bad games on the 3DS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HandheldGuru97

5. Posted:

I have played or 10 hours on Pilotwings (according to my activity log). According to my game I have roughly played 4 hours on free flight and and 2 on mission, it is a short game but in my option it is a great game.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

triforceofcourage

6. Posted:

Correction! It's supposed to be 3 hours instead of 2. Oops. But still. Thats really short. I don't think nintendo is really trying to downsell their own games. That's just a bad idea. I think they were just lazy in making this game because they were focused on the console itself. I mean they ported the whole world from another game! All they did was make some balloons and colloectables and add 5 aircraft with a measly 40 missions. Still really fun, but it's a bit of a let down because they could/should have done so much more with it.

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

7. Posted:

I've played for 18 hours...lol.


I also found an Easter Egg yesterday. Go in free flight mode with a jetpack at night and fly towards the little huddle of houses next to the windmills. The info bubble will say something...(I won't give it away) and if you fly over to the only house with the lights on, you'll hear something...

Edited on by TeeJay

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Will_Ireland

8. Posted:

Hey, heres an article that might make you think a little different....

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/pilotwings-resort-isnt-2-3-hours-...

I have clocked up 15hours and 18mins (according to activity log) or 10:31:50 (according to pilotwings)
Have 3stars in everything, and perfect's in novice and bronze. I'm missing one stinking gold ring in free flight and its driving me crazy!!

I dont think the game is too short, I think its just right myself. Have a read of the article though and see what you think.
I'm off to try that easter egg now ha ha! :-)

Will_Ireland

AuthorMessage
Avatar

suburban_sensei

9. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

I have played or 10 hours on Pilotwings (according to my activity log). According to my game I have roughly played 4 hours on free flight and and 2 on mission, it is a short game but in my option it is a great game.

Yeah very true, its a short & sweet experience for me. I don't mind that it's a bit bare, because overall I just love to play the game to relax.

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Will_Ireland

10. Posted:

Ha! Good easter egg! Nice find ;-)

Will_Ireland

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

11. Posted:

I have around eight hours in it, according the 3DS log. Just recently three starred all missions, now looking to 'perfect' them. Also I'm still on the hunt for a couple gold rings and a mii statue. I'll probably never ever find them!

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

triforceofcourage

12. Posted:

Cool easter egg! It's just the mission mode that seems short. I have no idea when I'll get tired of free flight. :)
"short but sweet" seems a perfect way to describe this game.

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoyogamer

13. Posted:

Try getting a perfect score on every mission before you claim the game is "too short". I've clocked 20 hours and I haven't even gotten 3 stars on all of the missions yet. Oh, and those 300 something collectables also take some time

This is a signature.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

14. Posted:

Tj92 wrote:

I also found an Easter Egg yesterday. Go in free flight mode with a jetpack at night and fly towards the little huddle of houses next to the windmills. The info bubble will say something...(I won't give it away) and if you fly over to the only house with the lights on, you'll hear something...

I think I know what you're talking about. That's also in Wii Sports Resort, except it can also be heard during the daytime.

Pilotwings Resort is my only 3DS game right now, but I'll still play it when I get a couple more games. It won't be very often when Kid Icarus: Uprising comes around the corner, though. Despite that, it really is a great game.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hardy83

15. Posted:

Will_Ireland wrote:

Hey, heres an article that might make you think a little different....

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/pilotwings-resort-isnt-2-3-hours-...

I have clocked up 15hours and 18mins (according to activity log) or 10:31:50 (according to pilotwings)
Have 3stars in everything, and perfect's in novice and bronze. I'm missing one stinking gold ring in free flight and its driving me crazy!!

I dont think the game is too short, I think its just right myself. Have a read of the article though and see what you think.
I'm off to try that easter egg now ha ha! :-)

I don't know many people now a days that care about high scores anymore, especially high scores you can't post online, like an leaderboard.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

16. Posted:

Hardy83 wrote:

Will_Ireland wrote:

Hey, heres an article that might make you think a little different....

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/pilotwings-resort-isnt-2-3-hours-...

I have clocked up 15hours and 18mins (according to activity log) or 10:31:50 (according to pilotwings)
Have 3stars in everything, and perfect's in novice and bronze. I'm missing one stinking gold ring in free flight and its driving me crazy!!

I dont think the game is too short, I think its just right myself. Have a read of the article though and see what you think.
I'm off to try that easter egg now ha ha! :-)

I don't know many people now a days that care about high scores anymore, especially high scores you can't post online, like an leaderboard.

It's not about high scores. It's about 'completion'. Pilotwings and Galaga are two different games.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

Corbs

17. Posted:

I've logged about 15 hours so far and I still have a couple of things to pick up in Free Flight Mode.

Edited on by Corbs

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

18. Posted:

It may be short, but it has quite some replayability.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tate24

19. Posted:

Am thinking getting this?

But can anyone tell me after you unlock everything! conquered all missions 100% done and dusted!

Will any of you return to free flight mode to just simply enjoy the ability to fly around in day,night,sunset???

Because id probably just do that past time enjoy flying around for fun of it!

plus i hear there are other little ilands to like wedge island.

But because i dont own game i wondering how many people will do this after they done everything?

Edited on by Tate24

Game collection - Mario Kart 8, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101, MHU, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Black op 2, NFS: MW, Nintendo Land.

Here my dream code for anyone who wants visit my town in AC: New Leaf - Town - ARCADIA - 6400-2151-7063

You can also follow me on tumblr :)
lw28.tumblr.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

20. Posted:

I've given up on the missions long ago and just spend my time in free flight mode now. Evening is my favorite time to fly. :3

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92