3DS Forum

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,122

AuthorMessage

Emaan

181. Posted:

Should I play the first three games before I get Sticker Star?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

182. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Yes, at least the first two.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Emaan

183. Posted:

I'll be able to borrow Thousand Year Door from my friend, but I'm not sure about getting the chance to play the original in time before Sticker Star's release. :O

I'm also kinda weird about playing series back to back, as in, I don't want Sticker Star to feel too similar once I play it. For another example, I'm going to play NSMB2 less and less before NSMBU's release so it feels more fresh. I don't know. I just figured I might appreciate Sticker Star more if I've played the others. Do they have recurring characters?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

184. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Do they have recurring characters?

As far as the series mainstays like Mario and company, yes, but only two of the partners from the first Paper Mario appear as cameos in the Thousand-Year Door as far as I remember. Other characters from that game were only cameos or mentioned in dialogue.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

185. Posted:

I never liked the first one that much for some reason...dunno why.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

186. Posted:

RedPanda wrote:

I can't wait for this game to come out... I only just got Paper Mario on WiiWare though, so I'll have to settle on that for a while. The whole series is definitely one of my favorite RPGs. This is definitely going to be different then the formers, though.

If you enjoyed the first Paper Mario, then DEFINITELY get the Gamecube version (TTYD). It's better in just about every single way and one of my favourite RPGs of all time! Anyway, as your name is @GamecubeMan, I think you may own a Gamecube anyway! (just a guess)

Well maybe get it after Sticker Star, but it's highly recommended!

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

187. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

You don't need to at all, but if you want to, well, yes!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

188. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

There's no real connection between the games. But you should definitely still play them if you haven't, the first and second game are amazing.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

189. Posted:

PoshSnivy wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

I can't wait for this game to come out... I only just got Paper Mario on WiiWare though, so I'll have to settle on that for a while. The whole series is definitely one of my favorite RPGs. This is definitely going to be different then the formers, though.

If you enjoyed the first Paper Mario, then DEFINITELY get the Gamecube version (TTYD). It's better in just about every single way and one of my favourite RPGs of all time! Anyway, as your name is @GamecubeMan, I think you may own a Gamecube anyway! (just a guess)

Well maybe get it after Sticker Star, but it's highly recommended!

yup

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

190. Posted:

I'd recommend the 3rd game too. Because no one else will. You all make Dimentio sad. :(

they're all pretty fantastic games. I'd consider the Mario RPGs one of the most consistently great game series ever.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Megajack

191. Posted:

Is there a Paper Mario for GCN?

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

192. Posted:

mega wrote:

Is there a Paper Mario for GCN?

The Thousand Year Door, I consider it the best Paper Mario out of all 3. :p
Yeah, for me Super Paper Mario comes in 2nd place...most likely 3rd once I nab Sticker Star. xD

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

193. Posted:

Most of TTYD is amazing but the parts with the overuse of backtracking are just...bad. Like even if you like Metroid backtracking (which I do) it's baaad backtracking.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

194. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Most of TTYD is amazing but the parts with the overuse of backtracking are just...bad. Like even if you like Metroid backtracking (which I do) it's baaad backtracking.

...Only real backtracking I remember of is the beginning of Chapter...7? (the moon chapter, lol) It was unnecessary, but yeah...only one I can think of.

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

195. Posted:

Major respect to all the fans of Paper Mario: TTYD.
(You appreciate the finer things! lol) One of my favorite RPG's.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

196. Posted:

As much as I'm going to love Sticker Star, I just wish Nintendo would reboot Legend of the Seven Stars. :(

(Sticker Star, Seven Stars, hmmm...)

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

197. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

...Only real backtracking I remember of is the beginning of Chapter...7? (the moon chapter, lol) It was unnecessary, but yeah...only one I can think of.

It's basically half of chapter 4 and a little bit of chapter 5.

Chapter 2 could also be annoying at parts.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

198. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It's basically half of chapter 4 and a little bit of chapter 5.

Chapter 2 could also be annoying at parts.

Oh yeah...I think I just got used to those parts. xD

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

199. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I actually played that part (chapter 7) a few weeks ago (for the first time) and that was one of the most unpleasant gaming experiences ever! You basically had to go to every chapter, and then the person you were looking for was WHERE YOU STARTED!!!!!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

200. Posted:

Then there was the "I love you." 100 times part. xD