3DS Forum

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,122

AuthorMessage

mamp

161. Posted:

I feel like going to my local Gamestop and getting my $40 back because I know I'm not gonna like this game or I'm just going to be complaining throughout the whole game about the changes I don't like. I hated Super Paper Mario and now this game is making me think about where the series is heading. There's no experience for battles, apparently you just battle to get more coins in order to buy more stickers for battle, it makes battles really pointless since you can find a ton of stickers in the environment already. My biggest gripe is the fact that there are no allies. Allies were half the fun of Paper Mario: finding out their little stories, how to use them in order to solve environmental puzzles, leveling them up and seeing what new abilities they get and what they do in battle and the characters had different personalities. Mario isn't that fun to use since all he does is jump and hammer (with minor variations for his jumping/hammer skills), also Mario doesn't talk and doesn't have much of a personlity and my guess is that crown will just be a Navi, whom also has no personality and all it does is talk (since Mario can't). The sticker system bothers me too, even a most basic attack uses one sticker and there's limited album space, and if you get a special or rare sticker you can only use it once. IDK the more I learn about this game the more I question my purchase IDK guys what should I do?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

162. Posted:

mamp wrote:

I feel like going to my local Gamestop and getting my $40 back because I know I'm not gonna like this game or I'm just going to be complaining throughout the whole game about the changes I don't like. I hated Super Paper Mario and now this game is making me think about where the series is heading. There's no experience for battles, apparently you just battle to get more coins in order to buy more stickers for battle, it makes battles really pointless since you can find a ton of stickers in the environment already. My biggest gripe is the fact that there are no allies. Allies were half the fun of Paper Mario: finding out their little stories, how to use them in order to solve environmental puzzles, leveling them up and seeing what new abilities they get and what they do in battle and the characters had different personalities. Mario isn't that fun to use since all he does is jump and hammer (with minor variations for his jumping/hammer skills), also Mario doesn't talk and doesn't have much of a personlity and my guess is that crown will just be a Navi, whom also has no personality and all it does is talk (since Mario can't). The sticker system bothers me too, even a most basic attack uses one sticker and there's limited album space, and if you get a special or rare sticker you can only use it once. IDK the more I learn about this game the more I question my purchase IDK guys what should I do?

Y'know what, I hear you... I'm not so sure about this new system either, but I think you should be a little more positive. Anyway, this is by Intelligent Systems, a dev that IGN called the 30th best dev on earth. They NEVER make a bad game. As much as I question the sticker mechanic, I do have faith, and, just wait and see, and I'm sure it'll be great. Anyway, you never know, it actually may end up being a better system than the original one! :)

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

163. Posted:

Hopefully it will be like FFII's battle system where every time you use a item (Stickers in this case) You gain attributes, and every time you lose HP, you gain it. I'd buy it for that.

@allpeoplewhowon'tletmehavemyopinion: Stop it. I personally got super bored with SPM and TTYD, as after playing the original I expected another fantastic game. Though this game looks like a return to roots so hopefully it won't upset me.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

164. Posted:

...but this game is more different than TTYD...

no, I don't want an explanation, it would cause me to hit my face repeatedly against something. Unless you mean it's returning to being a Mario game with RPG elements rather than an RPG game that just happens to have Mario stuff in it. Which I would agree with, if the recent platformers haven't beaten the Mario nostalgia into the ground.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

165. Posted:

VIdeo

Idk I might get it since there will be no Luig's Mansion... and I do love Bowser Jr...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Vo0q8tsCY&feature=youtu.be

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

166. Posted:

More details:

GONINTENDO wrote:

• earn blocking and attacking bonuses based on timed button pushe
  • select stickers to attack
  • features a world map
  • visit Decalburg to buy stickers and turn objects into stickers
  • no partners this time
  • at the windmill, you must find a way to move the blades in order to access the front door

I guess all of this was pretty much already figured out. But now we have confirmation at least. Sucks that we won't get any partners..

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

167. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

VIdeo

Idk I might get it since there will be no Luig's Mansion... and I do love Bowser Jr...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Vo0q8tsCY&feature=youtu.be

Video has been removed...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

168. Posted:

Shoulda been here earlier then.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Megajack

169. Posted:

I may get SuperPaperMario, but I have to come up with the money... :/

Applejack is best pony.

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

AuthorMessage

Void

170. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

More details:

GONINTENDO wrote:

• features a world map
  • no partners this time
  • at the windmill, you must find a way to move the blades in order to access the front door

I guess all of this was pretty much already figured out. But now we have confirmation at least. Sucks that we won't get any partners..

Seems like this is going to be less paper mario-ey than the rest of the games in the series, I trust intelligent systems, but I think I'll wait for a few reviews before I buy it.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

plus789

171. Posted:

I will probably get this on release date, TTYD was class!

plus789

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

172. Posted:

I almost never get games at launch so I'll see the reviews regardless. However, I don't doubt this that much. Intelligent Systems is one of the most consistent developers out there and they've pretty much never dissappointed (anyone who brings up SPM is a liar)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

173. Posted:

Void wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

More details:

GONINTENDO wrote:

• features a world map
  • no partners this time

Seems like this is going to be less paper mario-ey than the rest of the games in the series, I trust intelligent systems, but I think I'll wait for a few reviews before I buy it.

At least its back to the turn-based battle system, unlike SPM where everyone complained about. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

174. Posted:

I personally only disliked SPM due to that stupid platforming style of battle instead of the old style. Glad it's returning to that style!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

175. Posted:

I dont know why everyones complaining so much. There is some type of upgrading system. You pick up hearts to gain 5 HP. So it does have an upgrading mechinic and Im sure there is a piont to fighting bosees. I getting it regardless, it looks fun and I dying to play something new on my 3DS.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

176. Posted:

Honestly the way the battle system is handled here kinda reminds me of Okami somewhat. :p
Since battling in either games doesn't give you experience, only by dealing with tasks outside of battle.

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

177. Posted:

I can't wait for this game to come out... I only just got Paper Mario on WiiWare though, so I'll have to settle on that for a while. The whole series is definitely one of my favorite RPGs. This is definitely going to be different then the formers, though.

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

178. Posted:

I hope this one has AMAZING music like TTYD and not the same recyled theme
like this

or this

and this

I can go on for hours :D

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

179. Posted:

Tubba Blubba was awesome,for the record. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

180. Posted:

Paper Mario had some awesome boss battle music too. Here's just a few.

The Paper Mario series has always had a history of great music, so I expect Sticker Star to deliver.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan