Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,096

Spagem

I may get SuperPaperMario, but I have to come up with the money... :/

Spagem

3DS Friend Code: 2406-5638-4729 | My Nintendo: Spagem | Nintendo Network ID: smp1998

Void

19Robb92 wrote:

More details:

GONINTENDO wrote:

  • earn blocking and attacking bonuses based on timed button pushe
  • select stickers to attack
  • features a world map
  • visit Decalburg to buy stickers and turn objects into stickers
  • no partners this time
  • at the windmill, you must find a way to move the blades in order to access the front door

I guess all of this was pretty much already figured out. But now we have confirmation at least. Sucks that we won't get any partners..

Seems like this is going to be less paper mario-ey than the rest of the games in the series, I trust intelligent systems, but I think I'll wait for a few reviews before I buy it.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

plus789

I will probably get this on release date, TTYD was class!

plus789

kkslider5552000

I almost never get games at launch so I'll see the reviews regardless. However, I don't doubt this that much. Intelligent Systems is one of the most consistent developers out there and they've pretty much never dissappointed (anyone who brings up SPM is a liar)

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Joeynator3000

Void wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

More details:

GONINTENDO wrote:

  • earn blocking and attacking bonuses based on timed button pushe
  • select stickers to attack
  • features a world map
  • visit Decalburg to buy stickers and turn objects into stickers
  • no partners this time
  • at the windmill, you must find a way to move the blades in order to access the front door

I guess all of this was pretty much already figured out. But now we have confirmation at least. Sucks that we won't get any partners..

Seems like this is going to be less paper mario-ey than the rest of the games in the series, I trust intelligent systems, but I think I'll wait for a few reviews before I buy it.

At least its back to the turn-based battle system, unlike SPM where everyone complained about.

TheDreamingHawk

I personally only disliked SPM due to that stupid platforming style of battle instead of the old style. Glad it's returning to that style!

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

GamecubeMan

I dont know why everyones complaining so much. There is some type of upgrading system. You pick up hearts to gain 5 HP. So it does have an upgrading mechinic and Im sure there is a piont to fighting bosees. I getting it regardless, it looks fun and I dying to play something new on my 3DS.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Honestly the way the battle system is handled here kinda reminds me of Okami somewhat.
Since battling in either games doesn't give you experience, only by dealing with tasks outside of battle.

KiwiPanda

I can't wait for this game to come out... I only just got Paper Mario on WiiWare though, so I'll have to settle on that for a while. The whole series is definitely one of my favorite RPGs. This is definitely going to be different then the formers, though.

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

Happy_Mask

Tubba Blubba was awesome,for the record. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

emaan

Should I play the first three games before I get Sticker Star?

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

emaan

I'll be able to borrow Thousand Year Door from my friend, but I'm not sure about getting the chance to play the original in time before Sticker Star's release.

I'm also kinda weird about playing series back to back, as in, I don't want Sticker Star to feel too similar once I play it. For another example, I'm going to play NSMB2 less and less before NSMBU's release so it feels more fresh. I don't know. I just figured I might appreciate Sticker Star more if I've played the others. Do they have recurring characters?

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

SirSmugleaf

RedPanda wrote:

I can't wait for this game to come out... I only just got Paper Mario on WiiWare though, so I'll have to settle on that for a while. The whole series is definitely one of my favorite RPGs. This is definitely going to be different then the formers, though.

If you enjoyed the first Paper Mario, then DEFINITELY get the Gamecube version (TTYD). It's better in just about every single way and one of my favourite RPGs of all time! Anyway, as your name is @GamecubeMan, I think you may own a Gamecube anyway! (just a guess)

Well maybe get it after Sticker Star, but it's highly recommended!

Edited on by SirSmugleaf

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

SirSmugleaf

Emaan wrote:

Should I play the first three games before I get Sticker Star?

You don't need to at all, but if you want to, well, yes!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

19Robb92

Emaan wrote:

Should I play the first three games before I get Sticker Star?

There's no real connection between the games. But you should definitely still play them if you haven't, the first and second game are amazing.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

GamecubeMan

PoshSnivy wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

I can't wait for this game to come out... I only just got Paper Mario on WiiWare though, so I'll have to settle on that for a while. The whole series is definitely one of my favorite RPGs. This is definitely going to be different then the formers, though.

If you enjoyed the first Paper Mario, then DEFINITELY get the Gamecube version (TTYD). It's better in just about every single way and one of my favourite RPGs of all time! Anyway, as your name is @GamecubeMan, I think you may own a Gamecube anyway! (just a guess)

Well maybe get it after Sticker Star, but it's highly recommended!

yup

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.