Forums

Topic: NA Bravely Default Demo Impressions

Posts 101 to 120 of 151

Ralizah

Maybe I should switch to hard mode and fight the automaton again. The guy is a pushover now on Normal difficulty. :/

@Spoony_Tech

You could.... preorder online and have them ship it out to your local Gamestop. I believe they can do that, Then no having to expose yourself to below zero weather.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Its been way to cold to think about going anywhere I don't have to!

Wimp.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Metroidlink

Im just wondering how this game is in comparison to the 3DS version and this hole thing is may be going to be a spoiler
Anything happends after you have slaid the dragon (nothing in PAL)
You have all 4 party members on the team
Have anyone found a secret second villager that isn't streetpass?

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Ralizah

Metroidlink wrote:

Im just wondering how this game is in comparison to the 3DS version and this hole thing is may be going to be a spoiler
Anything happends after you have slaid the dragon (nothing in PAL)
You have all 4 party members on the team
Have anyone found a secret second villager that isn't streetpass?

The demo is a series of side-quests unconnected to the main game. So, uh, no spoilers.
There is a boss after the dragon in the NA demo.
Yep, all four party members.
It's not really a secret. If you talk to a guy in town, he'll donate a second villager automatically. There's actually a cheap trick you can use to get 20 villagers without ever streetpassing anyone using this guy.

MERG

I got the second villager without trying. And I actually streetpassed someone this morning!

So...I feel like a boob. I have learned Blizzara but in battle I can't seem to use it...any suggestions?

CanisWolfred

MERG wrote:

I got the second villager without trying. And I actually streetpassed someone this morning!

So...I feel like a boob. I have learned Blizzara but in battle I can't seem to use it...any suggestions?

Level up a Black Mage.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MERG

My black mage is fully leveled.

Hmmm...now I'm thinking its due to switching my black mage to a white mage.

Edited on by MERG

CanisWolfred

MERG wrote:

My black mage is fully leveled.

Hmmm...now I'm thinking its due to switching my black mage to a white mage.

Did you give that same character the Black Magic Ability?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MERG

That character has b/w ability....they can do thundara.

MERG

Okay...that's sorted out, Minotaur down and I can move on!

Xyphon22

So I finally got around to trying this today and either I am completely missing something or I'm just terrible. I gave new jobs to all my characters but I'm still getting killed by the first couple random encounters. I've never really played an RPG with all these different jobs/classes before, so I probably just don't know what I'm doing, but most of them do practically no damage and I just keep getting poisoned over and over again and I don't want to waste all my potions this early. So what am I missing here? I didn't buy anything yet because I have so little money. Do I need to get some scrolls for the mages at the shop in order to accomplish much?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

CanisWolfred

^You need equipment. Even the most basic will do. You start out with just the shirts on your backs and some kitchen Knives, after all.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

^^ Also get yourself a cure spell and use default a lot in the early parts till you can take out the monsters much easier! Early on I pretty much had one person doing most of the damage till the rest leveled their job skills.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Xyphon22

OK thanks guys. I figured "Broadsword" and "Spear" or whatever you start out with sounded strong enough at least for the beginner enemies, but I guess not.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Blacksquad

I feel like I can take out any boss now...i just need ethers ahahaaha xD

Is in the end worth nothing? Praise be to yenenenen! (/'o')/-(JOJ SUS FLALF)
#supporterofthenoobs
I don't like battling but when I do. I give all your hits back to you.
3DS FC: 5257 9155 3524

Magikarp3

Xyphon22 wrote:

OK thanks guys. I figured "Broadsword" and "Spear" or whatever you start out with sounded strong enough at least for the beginner enemies, but I guess not.

Every class also has different boosts from one weapon. The spear's really powerful when used by a Valkyrie, but not when used by a Swordsmaster for example

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

SheldonRandoms

The Minotaur was sooooooooooo easy. I was originally going to fight it at level 12, but then I decided to level (and job) grind until everybody was at level 16, so I guess that helped plenty.

Also I rebuilt the entire town with just a single old lady, the logic is just stunning really.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Ralizah

I collected all of my bonuses, so I am done with this game until I get the full version in the mail. I think I'll set it to hard mode to offset the advantages gained from getting the bonuses. And the Japanese language option is where it will at. 8)

Blathers

The cutscenes are pretty wicked, most notably the "Summon Streetpass Character"

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

arrmixer

Anybody found other bonuses besides rebuilding the town and defeating all the bosses?

Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.