Forums

Topic: NA Bravely Default Demo Impressions

Posts 141 to 151 of 151

Spoony_Tech

Just preordered yesterday but I'm not paying what is essentially 15$ more for just a cd I want. Now if it was Atlus then all this stuff would be free. Well with one exception.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Just preordered yesterday but I'm not paying what is essentially 15$ more for just a cd I want. Now if it was Atlus then all this stuff would be free. Well with one exception.

I expect the art book is ncier than the ones included with Atlus games. Also, AR Cards and a nice box. It seems pretty similar in value to SMTIV.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

Oh I agree but don't want to shell out 15$ extra right now. I don't care about art books as the just get put in a box never to be used again and ar cards will get looked at once as well. The thing with SMT IV was at least I was getting something for the extra 10$ spent as it was 50$ anyways even without all the extras.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Oh I agree but don't want to shell out 15$ extra right now. I don't care about art books as the just get put in a box never to be used again and ar cards will get looked at once as well. The thing with SMT IV was at least I was getting something for the extra 10$ spent as it was 50$ anyways even without all the extras.

Right, the premium price was based on the fact that it was a main-line SMT game, wasn't it? Still, I do think that book was a nice addition. Really helped me out during the early parts of the game.

I'm glad the American version comes with the original Japanese box art. It really is quite gorgeous. Even the standard edition of the game will look gorgeous on one's shelf.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

MERG

Finished the demo...now the days will drag until release. I'm probably going digital. While I like the extras, I'm accumulating WAY too much stuff.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

_Wallace

I just completed the demo. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think I'll be purchasing the special edition though. It's just a little to expensive. I do want to run out and get FFV for the GBA now.

3DS FC: 3308-5501-6669
Now Playing:
GB/GBC/GBA:
DS/3DS: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M
NES:
SNES:
N64:
GCN:
Wii:
Wii U:

Blathers

To metagame the demo, just give everyone Buff Up (Performer) for bosses, and Angelic Ward (White Mage) + Two-Handed (Warrior) for everywhere, and get everyone to go Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained, either by being the swordsmaster class or taking the Bushido as your secondary trait. You'll completely decimate enemies that use area attacks in this manner because NVNG triggers as long as the character is hit, regardless of whether it's a single-target or multi-target attack.

Maxing out your characters to level 20 and getting the Mythril Sword/Osafune on all of them and doing this on the Dragon boss (who does the Knockdown ability almost every turn) will have you countering for 600-1300 damage per character per turn. The Dragon only has 10,000 health on Hard, you do the math.

A good way to flatten regular mobs is have your Knight with this, (Taking Chivalry) and then reduce everyone else down less than 20% health. Your knight will automatically jump infront of all the other team members (provided it's not an area attack: final dungeon is good for this because no monsters bar the boss do multiple target damage) and then counters with double attack every single time, leaving your team members free to go all out. Just be careful of the skeleton's Flesh Flayer attack, that'll rip him up pretty bad.

Those lil croc guys are a pain in the butt with their poison attacks and their tendency to always run away, but each one you kill (800 HP on hard) gives you 100pg, 40xp and 10jp, so if you're grinding, ganking those guys is a good choice.

Late game, two-handing weapons is more effective than dual-wielding. (for Hard, at least. I'm not sure if monster defenses are different, and thus low enough on Easy or Normal to warrent dual-wielding)

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Xyphon22

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere in this thread that I didn't see, but about how long does this demo take? I haven't gotten the full game yet because I've only played the demo once because the 30 play limit makes me assume I'll have to put in a lot of time each time I play in order to beat it, and I usually don't have that much time.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Maelstrom

Xyphon22 wrote:

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere in this thread that I didn't see, but about how long does this demo take? I haven't gotten the full game yet because I've only played the demo once because the 30 play limit makes me assume I'll have to put in a lot of time each time I play in order to beat it, and I usually don't have that much time.

The play bonuses for completing the demo are not worth the time, if you already are confident you want the game. You can get all the items about a hour or two into the normal game. The demo is more just to give a taste of the job system and combat, but the jobs are unbalanced because the abilities are in a different order than the actual game

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Xyphon22

Maelstrom wrote:

Xyphon22 wrote:

The play bonuses for completing the demo are not worth the time, if you already are confident you want the game. You can get all the items about a hour or two into the normal game. The demo is more just to give a taste of the job system and combat, but the jobs are unbalanced because the abilities are in a different order than the actual game

Ok, so that's not the ONLY reason I haven't gotten the full game yet. I think it looks really cool and would like to have it, but I have never cared for Final Fantasy, and so I would like to play the demo to see if I will actually like it as much as I think I will. I found a website that polled people and found the average for the demo was somewhere around 7 hours, a little longer to 100% it. Does this sound about right to people on here?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Maelstrom

Xyphon22 wrote:

Ok, so that's not the ONLY reason I haven't gotten the full game yet. I think it looks really cool and would like to have it, but I have never cared for Final Fantasy, and so I would like to play the demo to see if I will actually like it as much as I think I will. I found a website that polled people and found the average for the demo was somewhere around 7 hours, a little longer to 100% it. Does this sound about right to people on here?

I did about 4-5 hours before stopping and deciding to buy the game. I have never played a different final fantasy game yet, but this is a return to the roots sort of game and is nothing like the newer ones.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.