Forums

Topic: NA Bravely Default Demo Impressions

Posts 121 to 140 of 151

Ralizah

arrmixer wrote:

Anybody found other bonuses besides rebuilding the town and defeating all the bosses?

I believe the first bonus you get it for simply starting the demo.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

arrmixer wrote:

Anybody found other bonuses besides rebuilding the town and defeating all the bosses?

Besides the one you get for starting, there isn't any other bonuses. There are only 7 - one for starting, one for rebuilding the town, and one for defeating each of the 5 bosses.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MERG

Still trying to take down the Automaton.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

MoistDirtLOL

By the way guys add me if you can i will add everybody before me, my FC is 0920-0575-1993, i'm gonna buy the full game and am playin the demo

FC : 0920-0575-1993

dissembled

I'd like to purchase the full game but I fear it may be too hardcore for me. Is there an easy mode by any chance? If not, how hard is normal mode, exactly?

I believe in science and that science can explain everything,
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way.
.anonymous

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3481-7203 | Nintendo Network ID: Absence-Of-Faith

CanisWolfred

dissembled wrote:

I'd like to purchase the full game but I fear it may be too hardcore for me. Is there an easy mode by any chance? If not, how hard is normal mode, exactly?

Yes there's an easy mode, but from what I hear, the difficulty of normal mode isn't that bad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MERG

CanisWolfred wrote:

MERG wrote:

Give everyone Ninjitsu + TurnTables and BOOM! You'll beat him in nothing flat.

I was trying to put together a group of Black Mages with Thundara,

GuSolarFlare

great demo, I'm just imagining how awesome the game will be with an actual story and a big overworld.
and that AR movie is super cool!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Rezalack

100%'d the Demo. Loved it. I'll definitely be picking this game up.. actually pretty tempted to get the collectors edition. It's the best RPG I've played in a while and it's just a demo. I mastered all jobs and got everyone max level in hopes there'd be an extra bonus, but nothing, so that was kind of disappointing. I suppose I should have just looked it up online first.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

CanisWolfred

MERG wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

MERG wrote:

Then give those black mages ninjitsu and Turntables. it'll be even more effective.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MERG

CanisWolfred wrote:

MERG wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

MERG wrote:

Then give those black mages ninjitsu and Turntables. it'll be even more effective.

Well alright then!

kkslider5552000

If I hadn't played a bit of SMTIV shortly before playing the demo, I might have been caught off guard by the difficulty, but it's fine. If I have a problem with the game it's that traditional turn based combat + grinding is not usually something I can get into for any long period of time (and it is using sidequests to make up for grinding but this is not Xenoblade or Ni No Kuni...).

Also, I've never gotten the "don't attack in order to do double damage next time" type of things. That just means you did the same thing at the end. Maybe if there's some "do this in X turns" enemies or something it could work. But I don't get the Default system...unless it's like Radiant Historia and there's combos or something? Better/more critical hits? Did I miss something obvious?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

Defaulting is basically just Defending, except actually useful for things besides reducing damage. If you're up against the Minotaur and don't have Ninjitsu, for instance, you can default 3 of your party while having one of yours attack, thus reducing the chances of someone getting seriously hurt. Once you have enough turns, you can then go all out.

What you're missing is that you can use up to 4 turns at once. Sure, it's better to default and stock up so you aren't left helpless, but if used correctly, it's an extremely useful tactic.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

Also, opponents can also Default as well so your attacks get wasted if they do that. It's better to save BP and attack multiple times if an enemy has negative BP, because then they definitely won't have anything to do about it.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

MoistDirtLOL

Hmmmm how do you get strong enough to beat the monsters in the south dungeon ?, i'm about level 14 with everyone but i'm not sure if it's enough, i've mastered about 3 jobs with each

FC : 0920-0575-1993

arrmixer

CanisWolfred wrote:

arrmixer wrote:

Besides the one you get for starting, there isn't any other bonuses. There are only 7 - one for starting, one for rebuilding the town, and one for defeating each of the 5 bosses.

kool thank you sir will takle automation this weekend

Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

MoistDirtLOL wrote:

Hmmmm how do you get strong enough to beat the monsters in the south dungeon ?, i'm about level 14 with everyone but i'm not sure if it's enough, i've mastered about 3 jobs with each

The best weapons and armor in the game come from building your town! I'm at level 13 and have defeated everything in the game now. The final boss wasn't that hard. Beat him first try. I thought the two prior were more difficult but i know what to do now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Turnip

Almost finished with the demo, and I absolutely love this game. Just pre-ordered the collector's edition a few minutes ago!

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.