Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 441 to 460 of 5,926

Tasuki

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

The dual blades are kinda risky.

Try using the sword and shield, hammer or katana. Those are good for learning.

I have just always loved using dual swords (blades) in games if I can be allowed to use them, so naturally when I saw them I was like OH MY GOD YES, lol. Out of curiosity what makes the dual blades risky?

Usually beginners are better going with something that you can block with, with Duals you have to rely on dodging with good timing, or you're going to take in a lot hits.

Ah that makes sense. I will be trying all of the weapons eventually.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MegaMari0

go all in. I learned to play MH3U with a switch axe. no guard there. also heavy and slow. The downside is i got punished when a monster hit hard with a tail swing or something. The upside was Super Armor. I wasn't easily knocked over when the monster just shuffled his feet or moved to the side or hit me with a minor attack. I tried dual swords and liked it but found it frustrating when my combo was interrupted by the slightest movements of my target monster.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Spoony_Tech

MorphMarron wrote:

The dual swords go perfectly with hunting horns that can negate stamina consumption.

I didn't even realize who you were till just now lol. Yeah you helped me out a bunch with the stamina. I probably didn't notice till half way through then I took advantage of it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

KO-Cub

MorphMarron wrote:

The dual swords go perfectly with hunting horns that can negate stamina consumption.

Both Dual Blades Ability and Dodging saps the life out of you.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

MegaMari0

MetalK9 wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

Would the Dash drink also negate the stamina draining? I use it to sprint non stop to places in MH3U.

yokokazuo

munchakoopas wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

MorphMarron wrote:

Would the Dash drink also negate the stamina draining? I use it to sprint non stop to places in MH3U.

Ya it negates stamina draining for all actions. I made a bunch in 3U to use with dual blades.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Rezalack

Cool thanks Morph adding you now.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

MegaMari0

add me as well if anyone wants to do some hunting with me in the demo friend code in profile. I'm available all week after 9pm EST USA. except today where I have to attend a concert.

Spoony_Tech

Is it just me or foes the long sword seem slowed down just a bit? Maybe I just didn't use them enough but they just seem much slower till charged. They also seem to charge a lot fast then before.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rezalack

A question about the main game: Is there a skill spec at all? Do you level up? How does your character advance other than armor/weapons?

Rezalack

Spoony_Tech

Rezalack wrote:

A question about the main game: Is there a skill spec at all? Do you level up? How does your character advance other than armor/weapons?

You rank up but don't level up. Your armor and weapons determines your strength and defense. There's still a lot more to it then that. Certian set of armor and weapons can add gems to further upgrade them. Each set and weapon has its own strengths and weaknesses. You will want to collect a wide variety in the weapon set you choose as different weapons will be better then other for certain monsters. Also when you get the materials you can up grade your weapons even further and they get much stronger. Some will even get different abilities depending on the path you choose. For instance you have a long sword that has fire element in it. Some times you can branch off and take it in a different direction. It's often nice to have 2 of the same weapon so you can upgrade different ways.

MERG said:

Rezalack

Sounds pretty deep like you said. I have to say I'm getting excited for this game now.

Rezalack

Spoony_Tech

Rezalack wrote:

Sounds pretty deep like you said. I have to say I'm getting excited for this game now.

It is pretty deep. You also can wear a charm necklace that will also have certain abilities and possibly gem slots. There can be a lot of repeat missions though trying to get that one item you need. However every fight seems new and fresh even after the 10th time and believe me, you will fight some monsters for some items upwards of 10-20 times. Some times even more. Certain items are rare carves and or drops as also certain conditions need to be met like break head, cut tail, or bust a wing!

MERG said:

MegaMari0

Rezalack wrote:

It is. The Weapon trees are awesome. I use the switch axe and have about 8 different axes all at various stages and all with different elements, fire,poison, water,ice, etc. There's even one that affects the stamina of the monster tiring them out quicker.

Rezalack

So.. yeah.. Has anyone beat Gore solo yet? He's not very nice.

Rezalack

yokokazuo

Rezalack wrote:

So.. yeah.. Has anyone beat Gore solo yet? He's not very nice.

Ya, I used my main weapon (long sword) and beat him with under 5 minutes left I think. Didn't even die, but I think I ran out of mega potions.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Rezalack

Hm. I just tried him with the charge blade, died 3 times and failed. I moved him one screen.. so that's something. lol. Not a fan of the charge sword I don't think. I'm just trying to find the weapon that works for me. I'll try that long sword next.

Rezalack

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.