Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 361 to 380 of 5,926

Rezalack

So what's the deal with online exactly? I thought it'd be easier to connect with people than previous games.. but if this is any example it ought to be the same ole' same ole'. Having to type in a number to connect with someone is pretty lame and honestly I can't imagine wanting to play this game by myself.. weren't you able to connect with friends via the internet before? It seems like they were really pushing the internet part of this as a big draw. It's just strange to me that it's like the most basic of basic internet service possible.

It would have been nice if the demo gave me a taste of what crafting is like, too. I hear the crafting system in this game is pretty decent and that's a big plus for me. After playing one mission, I dunno I'm not sold on this game it probably doesn't help that the controllers feel clunky as heck with a normal 3DS.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Storytime7

Tasuki wrote:

Is this game only on the 3DS or the Wii U as well?

3DS only.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Retro_on_theGo

Rezalack wrote:

So what's the deal with online exactly? I thought it'd be easier to connect with people than previous games.. but if this is any example it ought to be the same ole' same ole'. Having to type in a number to connect with someone is pretty lame and honestly I can't imagine wanting to play this game by myself.. weren't you able to connect with friends via the internet before? It seems like they were really pushing the internet part of this as a big draw. It's just strange to me that it's like the most basic of basic internet service possible.

It would have been nice if the demo gave me a taste of what crafting is like, too. I hear the crafting system in this game is pretty decent and that's a big plus for me. After playing one mission, I dunno I'm not sold on this game it probably doesn't help that the controllers feel clunky as heck with a normal 3DS.

Has anyone said what the Japanese version is like? I'm guessing it's only like this for the demo so people won't be tempted to keep this demo only and never buy the full game. It wasn't that bare bones in the Wii U version of Tri ultimate.

Spoony_Tech

Rezalack wrote:

This might help you out a lot. The L button is your friend. Use it to change the camera to where you're facing. It you look at my post above it explains some things as well. The crafting is super addictive and there are so many different armor sets and weapons to make its unreal how deep it gets. Plus the added bonuses from the armor and weapons really adds to the experience. Hate to say it but I know a lot of people that said it didn't click with me till like hour 10 but then a light turned on and it made sense.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rezalack

Yeah, I was using the L, it takes some getting used too. I don't think I liked the weapon I was using. I was using that super chunky "note" weapon. The musicial harp thing. The idea of it is neat, with the performances giving you bonuses, but the reaction time and overall "smoothness" of the weapon didn't feel right to me. I'm tired, too. I'll give it a try tomorrow on intermediate with a different weapon. I preordered the MH bundle on a whim so I want to give this game a chance. Every time I see a trailer for a MH game I'm like "Wow, that looks amazing, right up my alley." but I've never actually tried one until now.. and the main reason for that was because of the online, or lack thereof. This online system in the demo just seems so archaic though, it's obviously somewhat displeasing to me.

Rezalack

yokokazuo

Anyone up for some online? (Don't know if this game is separated by region, but I'm in NA)
Reply and tell me if you want to host or not, the difficulty and if you're on beginner or experienced.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

KO-Cub

What's everyone's fave weapon?

I lean towards Sword and Shield and Charge Blade.
Using the Heavy-Bow Gun is fun, but harder without the circle pro I'm guessing. Still fun shooting cats dressed up in nurse costumes.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

KO-Cub

ARRGH!! I just booted the demo up again and found that mission 2 changed the map... the map changed! That's... That's awesome!
But I don't entirely get it. Like is there multiple locations with set number of areas 1 through 10?

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

hcfwesker

Rezalack wrote:

Remember this is just a demo. Friendlist and such are not connected in the "demo" ; even players dont appear as their NNIDs, just player 1.2.3.4. The final game, obviously will have freind compatibility and lobby making like MH3U. It's just a demo, so don't think this lobby ID number system is the final game online setup. I repeat, it is just a demo

I do hate how you have to re-set up the lobby and everyone has to join after each quest using a new lobby number code. That was kind of unecessary. Should let all 4 stay in the lobby and pick a new quest

Edited on by hcfwesker

Friday the 13th Switch Discord: https://discord.gg/KGqkJaN

Nintendo Network ID: hcfwesker | Twitter:

Tasuki

Sweeet scored a code so I will be checking this game out tomorrow.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tsuchinoko

cbkummer wrote:

Also, new guys, make sure you're trying out all the weapons. One of the beauties of Monster Hunter is every weapon feels like you're playing a different game.

But let me stress that every player is different, and some weapons just fit certain players. I can play with most weapons, but the axes really fit me well. I see a lot of hardcore players of all types though. Just experiment with all of them.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

Has anyone said what the Japanese version is like? I'm guessing it's only like this for the demo so people won't be tempted to keep this demo only and never buy the full game. It wasn't that bare bones in the Wii U version of Tri ultimate.

I own the Japanese version if you have specific questions, and I mean actually specific, as I don't know any version other than the Japanese one.

yokokazuo

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

I don't have 4G, but I do have 4. The online is pretty much the same as 3 Ultimate where you can join any room when you search for them and you don't need to enter a code.
I'm guessing it is the same for 4G @Tsuchinoko ?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech

I'm really surprised this demo even has any online capabilities. That should just be considered a bonus and nothing else. Like was said above the online in this demo is absolutely nothing like the real game. You have so many more options in the real game Plus eating for bonuses is always recommend.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MegaMari0

demo won't even let me see what equipment I have on (T_T). I want to see what the slime charge blade is called, stats, even my armor.....

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Rezalack

hcfwesker wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

Remember this is just a demo. Friendlist and such are not connected in the "demo" ; even players dont appear as their NNIDs, just player 1.2.3.4. The final game, obviously will have freind compatibility and lobby making like MH3U. It's just a demo, so don't think this lobby ID number system is the final game online setup. I repeat, it is just a demo

I do hate how you have to re-set up the lobby and everyone has to join after each quest using a new lobby number code. That was kind of unecessary. Should let all 4 stay in the lobby and pick a new quest

Well that's a relief then, thanks. I figured it would be better but was just a bit concerned is all. I'm actually going to jump on right now and do another quest with a different weapon. What are the faster moving weapons just for future reference?

Rezalack

Tsuchinoko

yokokazuo wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

I don't have 4G, but I do have 4. The online is pretty much the same as 3 Ultimate where you can join any room when you search for them and you don't need to enter a code.
I'm guessing it is the same for 4G @Tsuchinoko ?

Yeah, for 4G, I just jump online. No code or anything. Its very quick. I find its easier to always make the session myself and leave it with no password. Other players just join in right away.

Rezalack

Oooh, good. That's kind of what I had in mind when they said online play so that makes me happy to hear.

I just tried the insect glaive and I have to say I don't think I liked the weapon very much either, lol. I could never fill up the bar with the color dots with one running out. This game makes me feel like a complete newb.

Rezalack

Spoony_Tech

Rezalack wrote:

Oooh, good. That's kind of what I had in mind when they said online play so that makes me happy to hear.

I just tried the insect glaive and I have to say I don't think I liked the weapon very much either, lol. I could never fill up the bar with the color dots with one running out. This game makes me feel like a complete newb.

Duel swords, long sword, and sword and shield are your faster weapons. I really like the duel blades I was just using.

Oh and this game is king of the newbs. Even after you play 500 hours you will still feel that way lol. Especially when you die when you shouldn't have.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.