Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 3,381 to 3,400 of 5,926

Mansa

That's it, I'm doing it! I'm getting the game today!
(I cracked after playing the demo)

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Iggly

munchakoopas wrote:

Just out of curiosity, does owning MH3U unlock anything as a bonus in mh4u... I'm still debating with myself about purchasing the game especially after reading about how selfish people are during online quests

You don't get a bonus for owning MH3U, but if you're interested in getting MH4U then by all means go for it. While there may be some rude people on the servers, that's only because there's a lot of new players who don't know the Online Etiquette. You can always hunt with some of the people who hang around this thread if you would rather not hunt with randoms.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

TeeJay

I'm gonna start playing MH4U again soon. Right now I'm kind of cycling between Xenoblade 3D, Smash 3DS, Cube Creator 3D, and MH4U. I think it's about time MH4U got its turn. Xenoblade, back of the line! Er...right after this story arc.

It's not like I can play online today anyway. I'm out of state.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Eel

JaxonH wrote:

@morpheel
Remember the epic flying mantis tail cut lol? I just pulled it off again, only this time with White Monoblos. It was beautiful

We really need to record one of those in video.

I did something kinda similar with the lance yesterday, I had just entered the large area in the normal hollow, as I fell into it I pressed the buttons to start running with the lance, jumped off the tall cliff and landed right into the Emerald congalala down below, mounting it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Morpheel wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@morpheel
Remember the epic flying mantis tail cut lol? I just pulled it off again, only this time with White Monoblos. It was beautiful

I did something kinda similar with the lance yesterday, I had just entered the large area in the normal hollow, as I fell into it I pressed the buttons to start running with the lance, jumped off the tall cliff and landed right into the Emerald congalala down below, mounting it.

Hahaha, I've always wanted to land a mount off a cliff but the most I've ever done is deal the final blow. Mounting would be so much cooler, especially if the other hunters are down there already and see you skydive from above onto the monster! Geronimo!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

So I fought the Hall's Silver Rathalos last night...geez, took me about 45 minutes. x_X
Kinda figured he'd take about 25 minutes to solo or something there.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

FattyWhale_42

Morpheel wrote:

I'd like to believe they saw it!

There were so many awesome/hilarious moments from last night, that I couldn't keep track of them all. xD

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@morpheel

This is exactly why Monster Hunter needs to be on a console that has automatic background recording like the PS4.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

Really, though, we should do an 'all X weapon' run. Stuff like long sword, lance, and bow could be really fun in that respect.

Joeynator3000

Haru17 wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

@morpheel

This is exactly why Monster Hunter needs to be on a console that has automatic background recording like the PS4.

I can't record directly, but yeah I can still record hunts. Video quality is "bleh", but at least the audio is perfect. xp

Keep it PG-13-ish.

potatomage7

Whoever thought of making Advanced quests only appear at certain times needs to be fired. It's making it incredibly annoying to farm materials for my High Rank Mohran armor.

potatomage7

JaxonH

@Haru17
I would love to have automatic recording like the PS4 has. I just don't think I'd be willing to give up that second screen for it. I just need to pay to get my system modded to record the internal video as it plays. Problem is finding someone who knows how to do it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

potatomage7 wrote:

Whoever thought of making Advanced quests only appear at certain times needs to be fired. It's making it incredibly annoying to farm materials for my High Rank Mohran armor.

Those have been around as long as I've been playing Monster Hunter. And in G rank some of the Battlequarter Urgents only show up every 10 quests. So if you fail, you're going to be waiting a while before you can try again.

The best thing to do in your situation is A) play the DLC quests that are permanently available (if applicable) or B) play online with a group who is farming the same monster- between the four of you someone should always have the quest available to post

EDIT: And in a group of 4, if by chance no one has the quest, just start a harvest tour quest to cycle the advanced quest list.

Edited on by JaxonH

nacho_chicken

potatomage7 wrote:

While I agree it's stupid, this problem is very easily resolved.

There's this magical quest called "Steak Your Ground". It's a 1* Caravan quest where you deliver a well-done steak.
1 - Put a well-done steak in your inventory
2 - Start quest
3 - Finish quest in 2 seconds
4 - Receive well-done steak from quest rewards

In under a minute, quests are cycled, farming is sped up, palicoes are healed, talismans are juju'd, and it costs you less than nothing to do it.

EDIT: You can't do this in multiplayer, but it's even less of a problem because of what @JaxonH mentions.

Edited on by nacho_chicken

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Iggly

@JaxonH Most of the sites that sells capture cards will often give you the option to have them install the capture cards for you free of charge provided you send the 3DS to the address they provide.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

So in multiplayer how long does Dalamadur usually take to bring down? Debating on whether to just do a multiplayer hunt or solo him on my first time. lol
(also gonna record him whenever that time comes)

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Megumi
As I recall, when I first hunted him I did it with just me and one other person. And it took about 20 minutes. Also of note, we were both fairly powerful at the time. So in my estimation you're going to have a pretty tough time soloing Dalamadur. I also recall another member here who was having trouble soloing him for the first time. My advince- hunt with others.

@Iggly
Do you know of any reputable sites to get a 3DS modded for recording? If I did, I'd probably transfer all of my content to my MH4U edition New3DS and just designate my black one for video recording. Heck, I could even transfer everything back once it's done. At least that way I'm guaranteed not to lose any of my data in the process, and I could continue to play while it's being sent out.

Haru17

JaxonH wrote:

@Haru17
I would love to have automatic recording like the PS4 has. I just don't think I'd be willing to give up that second screen for it. I just need to pay to get my system modded to record the internal video as it plays. Problem is finding someone who knows how to do it.

Yeah, I do love moving the UI off of the main screen.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.