Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 5,926

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH Has ascended to God Tier. Was nice hunting with you while it lasted. Don't forget us little people

Lol.... I'm not as far as you think (only G3), I just got the perfect skillset of Evasion+3, HG Earplugs and Sharpness+1 (and Windproof Lo) and am investing everything I have into maxing that set (and maxing the perfect glaive).

You're right on the cusp of G rank. Once you get there you'll find the armor sets have much better skills (and more of them). Instead of wasting time making sets you'll grow out of, I'd recommend looking up online which end game set you wanna chase after, and just go for it because once you get it, it's going to take a lot of time gemming in all the right skills and upgrading all the pieces to their maximum defense. You're gonna see a big jump in armor defense for G rank. What I did was max my high rank armor until I needed TRU spheres, then used it for G rank until the G1 urgent, which is Seregios. Seregios is a good set to make right away because it has Edge Lore (which has fencing built in, a great skill to have), and 10 slots which you can pretty much gem in any skill you want. And with a good talisman/weapon slots, you can do quite a bit. Heck, I was able to gem in High Grade Earplugs AND Evasion+1. So that would be my recommendation. Then chase your end game set.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

.I get the feeling my little sister is the one causing my internet to slow down and have issues. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Astraea

I finally manage to beat the "Misty Challenge" today. Basically you have to slay a Chameleos without taking any items with you. But don't worry, they give you a couple of items in the supply box.

Astraea

JaxonH

Neptune wrote:

I finally manage to beat the "Misty Challenge" today. Basically you have to slay a Chameleos without taking any items with you. But don't worry, they give you a couple of items in the supply box.

Oh ya, I did that one a few days ago. NOT an easy quest that's for sure. I ate for combiner skill then gathered green/antidote herbs, blue mushrooms and honey to make a few potions/antidotes. Combined with the supply items it was enough... along with a farcaster trip to the bed

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Well, I did it. I successfully RE-upgraded a brand new Hermitaur glaive from scratch, all the way to a level 12 Kinsect, this time taking the Lady Killer path to extract extend.

I now stand at 780 defense with the following skills:

Evasion+3
Sharpness+1
HG Earplugs
Windproof Hi

Now, I just need to finish the G3 key quest and take on 2 apex monsters for their Zenith Wyvern Gems...

nacho_chicken

So, I just fell from the giant cliff in Volcanic Hollow 8. With a Great Sword attack. With the business end in the general vicinity of the face of a Brute Tigrex.
Poor sap couldn't handle the Chaos Dunk and keeled over.
Then a Bracchydios got kicked to death.

I should just stop playing right now. Nothing will be as amazing as what just happened.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

JaxonH

@nacho_chicken
Haha I can see it happening now... It's moments like those where you wish the 3DS had a record feature. I've done some pretty amazing things in Monster Hunter, dropping off a giant cliff and landing to mount a monster lol. To the 3 other guys already in the area and fighting him, that must have looked pretty impressive

But it's the precision evading that always gets my blood pumping. I love dodge rolling through Deviljho's dragon breath, or doing a double dodge roll back and forth right through Nargacuga's double tail swipe, then just keep hammering away like nothing happened. Makes you feel like a bada** lol...

JaxonH

At some point today, I'm going to do the G3 key quests and the Urgent (Gogmazios) to finally unlock all G-rank quests and access Apex monster hunts.

If anyone here is still rank G3 and would like to advance with me, let me know and we can do it together.

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH Has ascended to God Tier. Was nice hunting with you while it lasted. Don't forget us little people

Lol.... I'm not as far as you think (only G3), I just got the perfect skillset of Evasion+3, HG Earplugs and Sharpness+1 (and Windproof Lo) and am investing everything I have into maxing that set (and maxing the perfect glaive).

You're right on the cusp of G rank. Once you get there you'll find the armor sets have much better skills (and more of them). Instead of wasting time making sets you'll grow out of, I'd recommend looking up online which end game set you wanna chase after, and just go for it because once you get it, it's going to take a lot of time gemming in all the right skills and upgrading all the pieces to their maximum defense. You're gonna see a big jump in armor defense for G rank. What I did was max my high rank armor until I needed TRU spheres, then used it for G rank until the G1 urgent, which is Seregios. Seregios is a good set to make right away because it has Edge Lore (which has fencing built in, a great skill to have), and 10 slots which you can pretty much gem in any skill you want. And with a good talisman/weapon slots, you can do quite a bit. Heck, I was able to gem in High Grade Earplugs AND Evasion+1. So that would be my recommendation. Then chase your end game set.

It seems kind of intimidating; I don't really know in advance what skills I want.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
I'm a vet from MH3U, and G rank was even intimidating for me at first. But you adapt, just like you did with high rank. Everyone prefers different skills, but allow me to make an argument for my favorites.

Number one skill I would say go for is High Grade Earplugs. Why? Because it makes you immune to all monster roars. Idk about you, but I would take damage all the time because a monster roars then charges me or shoots a fireball. What's worse is when there's 2 monsters- one roars and the other hits you. If there was only one skill in this entire game I could have it would be high-grade earplugs.

Second skill I always prioritize is Evasion. It used to be that there was only Eva+1 and Eva+2 but this game ups the anti with an Eva+3 as well. By default, you get 6 frames of invincibility when you dodge/roll/evade. That's 0.20 seconds of invincibility. With Evasion+1, that increases the window to 0.33 seconds of invincibility, a third of a second as opposed to one fifth. With Evasion+2, the window increases to 0.4 seconds of invincibility, or two fifths of a second. With Evasion+3, you get a whopping 0.60 seconds of invincibility, three fifths of a second, or 18 frames out of 30 (or 36 out of 60, either way). With practice, this one one of the most powerful skills in the game. You can roll through tail swipes, dragon breath, fireballs, and all kinds of other attacks. It's a skill that helps you the more skilled you are. Once you get the timing down, Evasion can let you be more aggressive and prevent damage taken.

Third skill I like, but is very difficult to combine with Evasion, is Evade Distance. This allows you to roll/dodge/evade over a longer span of distance. If you're invincible for 0.20 seconds by default when you roll, that means you have to have passed through all damage in those 6 frames. Hard to do by default, but with Evade Distance, you span across more ground during those 6 frames, which can help you roll through whatever damage was going to hit you. Combined with Evasion skill, Evade Distance can be EXTREMELY powerful skill to have. Considering it takes 20pts in Evasion to reach Eva+3, you could feasibly downgrade Eva+3 to Eva+1 and use those 10pts in exchange for Evade Distance, making a very powerful Evasion+1/Evade Distance skill combo, but so far I've favored just sticking with Eva+3.

Another vital skill is Sharpness+1. This (along it's other 2-in-1 skill counterparts), is one of the most highly sought skills across the board. The jewel decorations even require TWO slots just to add +1 in handicraft skill. That tells you right there it's valuable. Sharpness+1 extends the sharpness bar a good bit on all weapons you use. Remember the Seregios glaive you had? That weapon actually had Sharpness+1 naturally included (just for that one weapon). This makes your weapons last longer before needing sharpening, it increases the sharpness color more times than not (which means more damage) and that indirectly results in less bouncing off monsters.

So I'd find a set with HG Earplugs, and whatever else you want to prioritize. I make it my mission to get all 3 of those skills in one set, which I finally accomplished. But you may have to venture into mixed armor sets if you truly want the best skill combinations.

Those are the big hitters, along with Fencing (attacks don't bounce), Sharpness (weapons dull half as fast), Awakening (latent weapon elements are activated) and Attack Up Large. You could also go for Frenzy Res, but that will only help with frenzied monsters for one, and for two, if you know how to play your cards the frenzy can accually be a blessing rather than a curse, provided you overcome it. Now, there are several "super skills" that incorporate many of these skills in combination with one or two others (Edge Lore, Edgemaster, Nimbleness, etc...) but those are almost exclusive to certain monster armor sets or relics.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

@JaxonH Yeah the monsters later in the game like to roar and then immediately attack when you're immobilized, so HG Earplugs sounds incredibly useful. Also I believe I had Evade +1 or +2 in MHFU. I remember that being incredibly useful as well.

It seems that the only Key quest for 10 star Caravan is Egg Extraction: The Reckoning. The one where you come across the Tigrex and Brute Tigrex. Seems doable; I don't know why I didn't check to see what the key quests were sooner; I was stressing out because Gold Rathian was wrecking my shipt.

So...just keep my current HR Seregios armor until I can get G Rank Seregios armor? Sounds tough. D:

I still have the Seregios Glaive by the way. I upgraded it with those Brute Tigrex parts I needed so it's been serving me well so far.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH Yeah the monsters later in the game like to roar and then immediately attack when you're immobilized, so HG Earplugs sounds incredibly useful. Also I believe I had Evade +1 or +2 in MHFU. I remember that being incredibly useful as well.

It seems that the only Key quest for 10 star Caravan is Egg Extraction: The Reckoning. The one where you come across the Tigrex and Brute Tigrex. Seems doable; I don't know why I didn't check to see what the key quests were sooner; I was stressing out because Gold Rathian was wrecking my shipt.

So...just keep my current HR Seregios armor until I can get G Rank Seregios armor? Sounds tough. D:

No, it's doable. I used high rank Narjarala armor until G rank Seregios. But you will need to upgrade as far as you can with armor spheres. What is each piece of armor defense at right now? My Narjarala armor was maxed at 92 defense per piece. And the Seregios G rank armor starts at 92 per piece. All you need is a bunch of Hard and Heavy armor spheres, and a few strong armor spheres that you can get in the G1 gathering quests before you get to Seregios.

I mean, you're gonna need a G set right away, so you might as well make it Seregios because it's got Edge Lore (fencing AND sharpness combined) and 10 slots. Some people even use that as their end game armor. It's not a bad set by any means.

TeeJay

@JaxonH Everything is 79 defense except the Faulds and Greaves, which are 78 and 83 respectively. I still have Seregios armor on everything except the Faulds which are Seltas.

Edited on by TeeJay

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

@JaxonH Everything is 79 defense except the Faulds and Greaves, which are 78 and 83 respectively.

Ok, and Seregios high rank armor actually starts at 58 as opposed to the Narjarala I had which started at 55. So if I was able to upgrade to 92, you should be able to hit 95 if you farm some more spheres.

Now, you could just make the M Tigrex armor because it's technically high rank, but you're gonna need all kinds of gems (Teostra, Pulsating Blastheart, Akantor, etc...) which is a huge waste of gems imo, especially for armor that only starts at 81. Another option is Gold Ian or Silver Rathalos which both start at 81, but again, it's high rank and will presumably top off way earlier than even the lowest G rank armor.

So ya, if you're at 78, at an increase of 4 per sphere, you need about 4 armor spheres per piece, or 20 total. 15 at the bare minimum. And if you haven't done so already, go buy two armor charms and power charms, and combine one of each with a Deviljho talon to creat an armor talon and power talon. Then carry both the armor/power talon and a normal armor/power charm with you at all times. Will increase your defense by about 30pts or so.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

And if you haven't done so already, go buy two armor charms and power charms, and combine one of each with a Deviljho talon to creat an armor talon and power talon. Then carry both the armor/power talon and a normal armor/power charm with you at all times. Will increase your defense by about 30pts or so.

@JaxonH Wait wait wait wait what? Charms? Maybe I'm derping out here but I'm not sure what a charm is. Is it different from Talismans and decorations? And you can carry more than one at any given time as opposed to Talismans?

Edited on by TeeJay

Eel

The power and defense charms are items you can combine that raise your attack and defense if you carry them around in your item bag.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

MorphMarron wrote:

The power and defense charms are items you can combine that raise your attack and defense if you carry them around in your item bag.

Now I KNOW I've ever heard of those before

JaxonH

@TeeJay
Go to the bazaar where you buy potions and all that good stuff, you know, the merchant. Browse and you should find a power charm for 36,000z and armor charm for 24,000z. You're going to want TWO of each, because one of each can be combined with a Deviljho talon to create an even more powerful power/armor talon. And they stack, so you can carry the armor talon (good for about 18 defense) with the charm (good for about 12 defense) for a total of 30 defense. And the power stacks similarly. Together they should raise your attack by roughly 15 base damage (which is equal to about 45 raw damage for an insect glaive user, but it will vary from weapon to weapon). 120,000z will get you two of each.

EDIT: Of course, the 2 Deviljho talons you'll have to get from an actual Deviljho. Hopefully you've already got a few though. It's a fairly common item drop, so as long as you've fought him once or twice, you should have some.

Edited on by JaxonH

TeeJay

Okay! I got both the Power and Armor Talons and the Power and Armor Charms. Like you said @JaxonH I already had enough Deviljho talons to make them with. I honestly had no idea these existed; the charms were tucked away WAY back in the last pages of the merchant menu just before the monster books. I never go there so I didn't see them. I guess I missed the text when they became available? Which is odd because I normally read everything characters have to say. Anyway I fell better prepared for battle, though now it takes up 4 valuable item slots.

Edited on by TeeJay

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.