Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Discussion

Posts 2,401 to 2,420 of 5,926

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

Okay! I got both the Power and Armor Talons and the Power and Armor Charms. Like you said @JaxonH I already had enough Deviljho talons to make them with. I honestly had no idea these existed; the charms were tucked away WAY back in the last pages of the merchant menu just before the monster books. I never go there so I didn't see them. I guess I missed the text when they became available? Which is odd because I normally read everything characters have to say. Anyway I fell better prepared for battle, though now it takes up 4 valuable item slots.

Well, when you're gathering you can leave them in your box to make more space, but when you're on a hunt where you need every last defense stat you can get, you're really not going to need those slots for anything else anyways. When I'm hunting dangerous monsters I have a specific set of items I bring-

10 mega potions
10 potions
10 honey
Armor talon
Armor charm
Power talon
Power charm
10 herbal medicine
2 max potions
10 energy drink
5 moss wine jerky
3 dung bombs
1 farcaster
1 pitfall trap
1 shock trap
8 tranquilizers
5 mega pick axes
2 Dust of Life

And that's what I roll with. If I manage to mine some strong armor spheres during a hunt, usually there's a few slots left to store them. But anything else I discard when I mine because I'm really not focused on keeping anything but what I really need.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FcsevenXIII

Is anyone else having an issue with people griefing at the end of a quest? It seems some find it funny to hit others who are carving at the end of a quest. I'm finding more and more of it. This is not the normal doing gestures, this is using weapons to spoil carving.

FcsevenXIII

Twitter:

JaxonH

FcsevenXIII wrote:

Is anyone else having an issue with people griefing at the end of a quest? It seems some find it funny to hit others who are carving at the end of a quest. I'm finding more and more of it. This is not the normal doing gestures, this is using weapons to spoil carving.

I just beat the G rank Teostra which took us 3 tries due to this one guy triple carting every time, and when we finally beat him I noticed someone knocking someone else during the carve. I left the room immediately after. I have zero tolerance for that kind of nonsense. Hitting each other and joking around after a hunt is fine, we do it all the time, but NOT during a carve. That's like messing with a person's zenny. WORSE.

I won't hesitate to boot someone from my room for that. And if it's someone else's room, I'll leave immediately if the host doesn't boot them.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

MorphMarron wrote:

They could be unaware noobies. Try to educate those.

Or normal plain jerks. Try to stay away from those.

They're G Rank, at least in Jaxon's case. They know exactly what they're doing. Boot 'em.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@TeeJay
I still can't get over how awesome your avatar is lol. Every time you post I see those googly eyes staring at me

That reminds me of this show I used to watch as a kid with dinosaurs, "I'm the baby"... "No I'M the baby!" Is that where that is from?

TeeJay

JaxonH wrote:

@TeeJay
I still can't get over how awesome your avatar is lol. Every time you post I see those googly eyes staring at me

That reminds me of this show I used to watch as a kid with dinosaurs, "I'm the baby"... "No I'M the baby!" Is that where that is from?

No idea! I just looked up the Monster Hunter tag in Tumblr and this came up, along with a couple of other monsters with googly eyes plastered on them, lol. I was so amused I HAD to make it my avatar.

Well, my 10 star Urgent is up, gotta kill or repel a Fatalis. I'll get to it later.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

So I just read about a quick method to farm Mega Dash Juices. You find a friend you trust, give them all your Mega Dash Juice and quit without saving. Go back in, rinse and repeat until you've reached the desired amount. Then have them give YOU all those juices, and they quit without saving. Then you both have all those juices.

I only have 3 Mega Dash Juices, but does anyone here who has more than 3 want to rack up a nice little supply quick? Shouldn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes for us both to hit 100 juices or so...

TeeJay

I have 13 Mega Dash juices to work with if you want to try it out

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

I'll start a room one sec

JaxonH

TeeJay wrote:

12-7990-8564-7383
Pass: 9876

JaxonH

Nice. 82 Mega Dash Juices in 10 minutes. Will definitely need those for G rank Ukanlos. Who has time to farm low rank Gypceros 50 times lol

Jazzer94

JaxonH wrote:

Nice. 82 Mega Dash Juices in 10 minutes. Will definitely need those for G rank Ukanlos. Who has time to farm low rank Gypceros 50 times lol

In 10-15 mins sure on a quest right now.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

JaxonH

Jazzer94 wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

I just did with TeeJay a few min ago actually (which is how I got 82). I'm finishing off the rest of G3 key quests and needed some for Ukanlos. I'll do it again if you need some later though, I just wanna unlock the rest of G rank first

Jazzer94

JaxonH wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

JaxonH wrote:

I just did with TeeJay a few min ago actually (which is how I got 82). I'm finishing off the rest of G3 key quests and needed some for Ukanlos. I'll do it again if you need some later though, I just wanna unlock the rest of G rank first

Thats fine don't need it immediately as I have 15 right now, been focusing on getting to hr7 and deciding what armour to make to replace my Rath heart set.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TeeJay

As of now I have 40 Mega Dash Potions. I would have had double that if we had had time for Jaxon to give me back the potions but I had to leave immediately. Still, 40 is a lot. And yeah @Morphmarron has a point about not being able to give rare materials. The game would have been absolutely broken and no fun at all.

Iggly

After many attempts of trying to get a Pallium from Gravios, I still haven't got a single one. I'm probably just going to farm him solo since most of the randoms I hunt with aren't exactly the best. I'll also need a Gore Magala Mantle to upgrade one of my insect glaives since I wasn't even able to repel G-Rank Kushala Daora solo. Though I'm probably gonna take a small break from MH4U as I'm pretty tired of all of the Gravios I had to hunt this weekend.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

JaxonH

Anyone wanna do the G3 Urgent- Gogmazios, with me? I beat him yesterday with randoms, but now that I need to do it as my urgent, everyone keeps triple carting. If anyone else needs to do this quest, we can do it a few times so we all advance together... Good grief it's never gonna happen with randoms. Either it's their room and their quest, or its my room and everyone carts.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.