Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,519

komicturtle

Because- they rather be cry babies than to actually wait and see how it actually feels to have it in their hands.

komicturtle

Dynetheous

thanks @arcanum for the weapon confirmation. I still think that the light and heavy bow gun are the same. but its all good, as long as there is the bow.

oh and the attachment looks bulky but if its comfortable and it works, then its good :3

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

zezhyrule

Saying the LBG and HBG are the same is like saying the dual blades and sword and shield, or Lance and Gunlance (in MHFU at least) are the same. While they both play similarly, they have noticeable differences as well. Especially in P3rd, they changed up the mechanics of light and heavy types a lot.

...I can't say too much though as I only recently started using LBGs, and only in MHFU.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Dynetheous

well obviously @zezhyrule ive put my hours on all the MH games and i definitely know theres a difference between light and heavy bowguns. Ive played with both and what im really saying is if they made a the light and heavy in different categories, then they should've but the medium bowgun in its own category. it just would've been nice it have a new weapon in MH3 G But it really doesn't matter right now, tho i hope that they will have a few new weapons in MH 4.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Joeynator3000

Arcanum wrote:

WHY THE F*** DO PEOPLE STILL KEEP SAYING THE ATTACHMENT WON'T BE COMFORTABLE????!?!?!?
IT'S MADE TO BE COMFORTABLE. COMFORTABLENESS AND THE SECOND STICK ARE THE MAIN FEATURES OF THE FREKKIN ATTACHMENT! D:< rages
God....

Actually at first I thought it was going to feel and look horrid, but after seeing actual images of the thing in the hands of players at TGS, it doesn't look that bad. And they said it fits in your hands comfortably, so yeah. (still dunno if I'm getting it or not though, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

zezhyrule

Yeah I think I posted a pic of it in this thread a while back, it seems kinda comfortable really. The only thing I'm really worried about is the placement of the analog being to the right of the buttons Dx

KarrotMan

I'm warming up to the Frankenstick now, and if MHTriG/4 comes out Stateside, I may be buying the attachment since my hands are gigantic. What I'm weary of though is the screen being off-center. Makes me wonder if the revision will be dual analogue.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

retired_account

I agree with zez for once. It'll be nice to have some added bulk since the 3DS feels tiny in my hands.

retired_account

Arcanum

Seriously. the bulk is to make it extremely comfortable.

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

LittleKing

zezhyrule wrote:

SnoozerBear wrote:

@zezhyrule

If by 'fixed the hitboxes' you mean completely removed them, sure. I have never had a problem with MHFU's hitboxes, excluding Plessy's hipcheck. it's not just the hitboxes, it's the attack patterns and the damage too. Compare getting hit with with a good, up-to-date set of armor in P3rd, compared to a good set of up-to-date armor in FU. Everything is easier. Sure, the hitboxes should've been better. But this is from one extreme to the other. I've talked to Tri and FU players who've beaten P3rd without fainting once. I thought Tri was easy even as a newb. the last thing I did was solo two Deviljho in the online arena, and quiet frankly, I suck. With my level of skill, that should have never been possible. However, I'd be satisfied with Tri's difficulty. It's better a little too easy than a little too hard, like FU's hipchecks and lolblackgravlazz0rspam.

...they didn't remove the hitboxes completely...

anyway, as I said, yes, MHP3 is easier. Because whether you had problems with them or not, MHFU's hitboxes were horrible. Sure, you get used to them after you play a while, but they're still bad. Getting hit by a tail whip two feet above your hunter's head and three feet away isn't right, no matter how good you are at dodging it or whatever.
btw I've only fainted 4 times in MHP3 so far n_n

As for your next point... Well duh anyone who played another MH game before MHP3 thought it was easy. Same here. It's because usually someone who likes MH enough to import it would be good at the game.

Anyone who starts MH for the first time usually has no idea about any of the mechanics or anything. Lots of things aren't even explained in-game, so you either have to get the info from friends or the internet. But if you already know all of that, starting up any MH will be a breeze compared to your first.

...I just read your comment more and now you're saying the hitboxes in MHFU could've been better... bleh pick an opinion >:[

also, MHFU had so many monsters that of course some would be hard. MHT/MHP3 also didn't have the same amount of Elder Dragons as MHFU did either, cuz it was packed with monsters from MHG and MH2. Same with other monsters too... what was I saying again? bleh

I did pick an opinion. Perhaps I was hazy. Yes, the hit boxes were a little bit broken, and should've been fixed. But from "broken" they've gone to "almost nonexistant". And I know they exist. I was exaggerating, obviously. My point is it was from one extreme to another. As for newbs struggling... that's why I liked G Rank I guess. Really, I don't think it would've been a problem. I doubt many Japanese gamers would've had a problem if it were harder. I'm just saying, PLEASE make Tri G at least as hard as Tri, and don't make it too easy like P3rd, or easier. I don't want another Portable 3rd. I'm not asking them to rebreak Plessy's hip check, just asking them not to nerf it too badly. I fear because it's a 3DS game Capcom will want to make it easier due to the somewhat different audience. I've never understood the problems with the difficulty. I guess because I was comfortable with it even as a newb. I'd rather have it on the harder side and have all the newbs complaining until they get better, than have it too easy and all the decent players whining forever. MH without difficulty is not worth playing. At all. I only play it because it is somewhat skillful, and a challenge. Take out the challenge, and the online multiplayer in this case, and all you're left with is a mindless grind-fest with an archaic battle system.

Also, about how any MH will be a breeze besides your first, in case you didn't hear me, I breezed through Tri's offline and failed only one quest. It was my first MH, and only after I was done did I bother to look anything up. That was fine though, because online it was harder and there were a few more monsters. In Tri G's case, there will be a G rank and so that initial difficulty level is fine with me. I'm just afraid it'll be too easy, and no longer really a Monster Hunter, and instead a mindless hack and slash. It is not fun when you can pick up an SnS, and just mash a few buttons while occasionally rolling away. The key thing that makes MH MH is its difficulty. Don't screw that up, I'll be happy.

EDIT:

zezhyrule wrote:

Saying the LBG and HBG are the same is like saying the dual blades and sword and shield, or Lance and Gunlance (in MHFU at least) are the same. While they both play similarly, they have noticeable differences as well. Especially in P3rd, they changed up the mechanics of light and heavy types a lot.

...I can't say too much though as I only recently started using LBGs, and only in MHFU.

QFT. I use all weapons, and LBG/HBG play very differently. A LBG's strength is in support during multiplayer. A HBG can dish out a ton more damage. A LBG offers much more mobility, so is often favoured by newer gunners, but most end up transitioning to HBG if they solo. Their play styles are different. I've often heard people say SnS and DS should not be separate weapons, which is absurd if you've ever used a air of Duals in your life. Same with Lance and Gunlance. The Lance is generally poke, poke, poke, backhop, while the GL is much more complex. You have uppercuts, lower mobility, shelling, wyvern fire, etcetera to deal with.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

zezhyrule

SnoozerBear wrote:

Also, about how any MH will be a breeze besides your first, in case you didn't hear me, I breezed through Tri's offline and failed only one quest. It was my first MH, and only after I was done did I bother to look anything up.

You're certainly a rare case then.

imo MHP3 is much harder than MHT, but whatev'

LittleKing

zezhyrule wrote:

SnoozerBear wrote:

Also, about how any MH will be a breeze besides your first, in case you didn't hear me, I breezed through Tri's offline and failed only one quest. It was my first MH, and only after I was done did I bother to look anything up.

You're certainly a rare case then.

imo MHP3 is much harder than MHT, but whatev'

Meh. I pick things up faster than most, so I guess that's why. I generally don't have much problems with difficulty. Maybe MH should have difficulty settings to control the damage monsters do etcetera? I guess the ranks already take care of that, somewhat... maybe in addition to ranks it'd help.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

Joeynator3000

Yeah, difficulty settings wouldn't work well in this game, lol. I can see people taking advantage of it and make forging equipment super easy...which, kinda kills the whole purpose of even playing the game. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Arcanum

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Yeah, difficulty settings wouldn't work well in this game, lol. I can see people taking advantage of it and make forging equipment super easy...which, kinda kills the whole purpose of even playing the game. lol

Well maybe they can make it so that the easy mode has very low percentage carve rate on rare items and the same percentage for more common carves... where did I play this....there was a game that did that......
OH! The World Ends With You did that. you can set the difficulty easier but you get crappy item drops, or you can set it higher and you get more chances of getting something very rare. Plus you could bring your own level down so that the percentage of those rare items gets higher. Of course the battles start to get more intense especially if you fight black noise and chain like 1 million, in which case each reduction gets more difficult....Whoa I went off topic fast and brought back some nightmares.

Edited on by Arcanum

Currently playing:
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

zezhyrule

Or they can just have ranks like they've done in every game before. Village quests are the nooby ones, Low Rank is same monsters but with higher health, High Rank they get a couple crazier moves and more health/attack power, and G rank gives them crazy attack power and more health.

Arcanum

zezhyrule wrote:

Or they can just have ranks like they've done in every game before. Village quests are the nooby ones, Low Rank is same monsters but with higher health, High Rank they get a couple crazier moves and more health/attack power, and G rank gives them crazy attack power and more health.

some people found even the nooby ones too hard. Especially this one infuriating son of a ***** I hate that guy so much I just grrrr
ok count to ten

Edited on by Arcanum

Currently playing:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.