Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,519

zezhyrule

Too bad the controls on the 3DS can not compare to the NGP's, at least when it comes to MH. Have a setup just like the CCP on the NGP and that'll be perfect >:3

While the 3DS... You couldn't even use the "Claw" like on the PSP D:

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

retired_account

I wonder if they could use the shoulder buttons for the camera and then use the d-pad for scrolling through items? Of course if it was like that you'd have to stand still when going through items, but that would just increase the level of intensity! Untitled

retired_account

RoyalBlur

Hmm that's an interesting idea pixelman. I wouldn't mind the level of intensity being increased either. I would most certainly consider buying a Monster Hunter game on the 3DS.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

zezhyrule

Sure, if by "level of intensity" you mean "number of MH fanboys who will rage of the messed up gameplay mechanics and controls especially compared to the PSP games". I say use the touch screen somehow for... something. I know in my experience playing MHT there have been so many times where I was running around while using items/combining stuff.

RoyalBlur

zezhyrule wrote:

...I know in my experience playing MHT there have been so many times where I was running around while using items/combining stuff.

That is true. I have run around a few times and done extracurricular activities like item changing and what not.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

retired_account

zezhyrule wrote:

Sure, if by "level of intensity" you mean "number of MH fanboys who will rage of the messed up gameplay mechanics and controls especially compared to the PSP games". I say use the touch screen somehow for... something. I know in my experience playing MHT there have been so many times where I was running around while using items/combining stuff.

If you use the touch screen then you have to take your hand completely away from the face and shoulder buttons. Anyway, didn't the PSP versions get critically panned for the camera controls? I honestly think the controls could use a facelift/redesign. It's been awhile since I played MH3 so I've kinda forgotten the controls, but here's an idea:

Untitled

• Slidepad moves the character.
  • A rolls
  • B attacks
  • Y runs
  • X draws/sheaths your weapon.
  • Hold L/R to rotate the camera
  • Tap L or R to use an item.
  • D-pad cycles through items.

Special/charge attacks could be done with a Y + B, since all Y does is run. Alternatively, you could have tapping A to dodge and holding A to run, which would free up the Y button completely -- that'd make dodging a bit less responsive, however. They'd of course have to be extremely finely-tuned in order to be reliable, but I think it could work.

One other idea -- if you held the R button then pressing Y and A would rotate the camera, the same way that scrolling through items works in Tri.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Joeynator3000

zezhyrule wrote:

That could work, since you would have to take your thumb off of the a/b/x/y buttons to move the camera in Tri, it would be similar with that.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

zezhyrule

I didn't specifically say the touch screen for the camera... if you'll notice.

@pixelman: Wow, those controls would be completely different. I... really don't think that would work with the L/R buttons. Seems like having both the camera and items both tied to the same button wouldn't work well, especially in the middle of combat when you're trying to use a potion and change the camera to see where the monster's charging at you from at the same time

It's okay though, I'll probably just stick with the NGP MHs and leave the unannounced weird controlling 3DS MHs for y'all to deal with xP

Edited on by zezhyrule

Joeynator3000

Yeah didn't notice, but camera came to my mind immediately when you said touch screen. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

retired_account

Yeah, maybe shoulders for camera and touch screen for items? That might work.

retired_account

Arcanum

pixelman wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

If you use the touch screen then you have to take your hand completely away from the face and shoulder buttons. Anyway, didn't the PSP versions get critically panned for the camera controls? I honestly think the controls could use a facelift/redesign. It's been awhile since I played MH3 so I've kinda forgotten the controls, but here's an idea:

Untitled

• Slidepad moves the character.
  • A rolls
  • B attacks
  • Y runs
  • X draws/sheaths your weapon.
  • Hold L/R to rotate the camera
  • Tap L or R to use an item.
  • D-pad cycles through items.

Special/charge attacks could be done with a Y + B, since all Y does is run. Alternatively, you could have tapping A to dodge and holding A to run, which would free up the Y button completely -- that'd make dodging a bit less responsive, however. They'd of course have to be extremely finely-tuned in order to be reliable, but I think it could work.

One other idea -- if you held the R button then pressing Y and A would rotate the camera, the same way that scrolling through items works in Tri.

These controls don't sound so good...the controls should be more mapped out the way they were with the classic controller pro. That way you can still run while getting your items.

*Slidepad:moves the character.
*A: attacks/shuffle right through items
*B: rolls/shuffle down
*X: draw/sheath weapon (same)/shuffle up
*Y: Use items/shuffle left through items
*R: run
*L: open mini item menu thingy
*Touch Screen: camera

For the camera to work all you have to do is use your thumb and flick the way you want to move the camera. This way you can still run around like crazy while shuffling through your items. That is pretty much the thing i am most concerned about. running like crazy while still shuffling. A & B to shuffle up and down for the gunners ammo.
If only the 3DS had just one more slide pad........

Edited on by Arcanum

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

HolyMackerel

They could pull off Monster Hunter's controls (the portable ones, anyway) almost perfectly on the 3DS. All the buttons are there. The only issue is the reversal of the analog pad and the D-pad. The controls don't need a complete overhaul just because of that.

Anyway, at this stage it looks like there won't be a MH game for the 3DS since the NGP is the obvious choice for the next MH Portable title.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Arcanum

how about the possibility of multi-platform?

I think capcom can definitely pull of some gorgeous graphics on the 3DS. Just look at what they did on wii. the graphics on MH3 look stunning on the wii and many people thought that impossible.

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

zezhyrule

I don't think the same game would be on both platforms. Maybe a more Tri-like game for the 3DS, and packed content hardcore PSP-kinda MH on the NGP.

HeroOfTime007

They should really fix the camera.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

HolyMackerel

HeroOfTime007 wrote:

The camera doesn't need fixing. Manual controls are the best for a game like Monster Hunter. If you're not looking where you want it to, it's your own fault.

HolyMackerel

Joeynator3000

HolyMackerel wrote:

HeroOfTime007 wrote:

The camera doesn't need fixing. Manual controls are the best for a game like Monster Hunter. If you're not looking where you want it to, it's your own fault.

Well in Tr, the camera movement is fixed at one speed...maybe he means to fix it so the speed depends on how far you tilt the stick. That sorta thing.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

HeroOfTime007

HolyMackerel wrote:

HeroOfTime007 wrote:

Im talking about for it to be on the 3DS and not be broken.
~And I can do without people defending Monster Hunter's broken camera controls and clunky gameplay; claiming "You're playing it wrong", "its your own fault", and meeting every suggestion of fixing it as "YOU WANT MONSTER HUNTER TO BE WESTERNIZED? GO PLAY ASS EFFECT, BAKA!" The "claw" is an insult to gamers and game designers everywhere

Edited on by HeroOfTime007

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

komicturtle

zezhyrule wrote:

Too bad the controls on the 3DS can not compare to the NGP's, at least when it comes to MH. Have a setup just like the CCP on the NGP and that'll be perfect >:3

While the 3DS... You couldn't even use the "Claw" like on the PSP D:

It's possible. The touch screen on the bottom. Heck, Capcom can throw in a virtual transparent analogue (like I mentioned months ago) on the bottom right of the touch screen. So, basically, the NGP's dual analogue is replicable on the 3DS after all (and we've seen many games on the DS that use the touch screen in simple, fluid ways to move the camera).

komicturtle

zezhyrule

@komic: I don't know about you, but the last thing I'll be doing is touching my new 3DS's touch screen with my fingers D:
and I'd think the screen be kinda uncomfortable as a dual analog anyway

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.