Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,519

komicturtle

zezhyrule wrote:

@komic: I don't know about you, but the last thing I'll be doing is touching my new 3DS's touch screen with my fingers D:
and I'd think the screen be kinda uncomfortable as a dual analog anyway

Wash yo hands...

I use my thumb for some of the games I play on the DSi and nothing really.. happens to the screen. Pokemon HeartGold is an example. And there was really barely any smudging.. And I doubt it would be 'uncomftorable' as the 3DS is somewhat similar to the Gamecube's layout (the transparent 'c-stick' at the bottom right of the touch screen for example)....

komicturtle

HolyMackerel

komicturtle92 wrote:

It's possible. The touch screen on the bottom. Heck, Capcom can throw in a virtual transparent analogue (like I mentioned months ago) on the bottom right of the touch screen. So, basically, the NGP's dual analogue is replicable on the 3DS after all (and we've seen many games on the DS that use the touch screen in simple, fluid ways to move the camera).

Hmm. If the 3DS's touch screen is like the DS's then it's designed to be used with a stylus. You can't get any sort of precision with your fingers, so a makeshift analog stick would probably wobble and jump all over the place and be unresponsive to smaller movements. The only time I've seen a good use of thumbs on the touch screen is for on-the-fly button presses, like selecting chat shortcuts in Phantasy Star Zero.

Besides, if I was to use my thumb on the touch screen as much as I reorient the camera in MH3 I'd probably damage the touch screen! Maybe that's just me though.

HolyMackerel

komicturtle

HolyMackerel wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

It's possible. The touch screen on the bottom. Heck, Capcom can throw in a virtual transparent analogue (like I mentioned months ago) on the bottom right of the touch screen. So, basically, the NGP's dual analogue is replicable on the 3DS after all (and we've seen many games on the DS that use the touch screen in simple, fluid ways to move the camera).

Hmm. If the 3DS's touch screen is like the DS' then it's designed to be used with a stylus. You can't get any sort of precision with your fingers, so a makeshift analog stick would probably wobble and jump all over the place and be unresponsive to smaller movements. The only time I've seen a good use of thumbs on the touch screen is for on-the-fly button presses, like selecting chat shortcuts in Phantasy Star Zero.

Besides, if I was to use my thumb on the touch screen as much as I reorient the camera in MH3 I'd probably damage the touch screen! Maybe that's just me though.

I see what you mean. Thumb-Strap? It could be bundled with the game or something or at least sold in retail.

Or they could just have left, up, right, and down buttons on the bottom screen similar to Super Mario 64 DS.

THERE'S MANY WAYS! DON'T GO TO NGP! PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU!! ...... ok..

komicturtle

HolyMackerel

Hmm well I think it's still possible even without using the touch screen. The 3DS has a gyroscope and accelerometer, so they could possibly be used... Or they could do a reverse claw of sorts using the rearranged D-pad and analog pad. That would be even less comfortable than the claw on the PSP/Wii though. Hmm...

A thumb stylus like the one included with the DS Phat would be a great solution though. Uh, if it was comfortable and worked. Not sure if that old one was any good since I never had one.

HolyMackerel

triforceofcourage

I love my monster hunter tri, and i was thinking of this as a great possibilty too. MHT did pretty well sales wise, and it would look amazing in 3D. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom was working on it right now. I think i've actually came up with some working controls too. No up and down camera looking (because it's not really needed), so the sholder buttons are to look to the sides. No underwater hunting because that would be hard with only one analog stick. but touchscreen for maps, health, items, stamina, maybe even quest info and menu. a, x, b, and y would work the same as they do in MHT and the analog stick would be to run around. Then the d-pad could be all the wepon specific attacks, or guarding, and running. People also saw the article about MH3D here too right? if not check it out. http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/01/cross_everything_and...
I think it sounds like hes wanting to move it to the 3DS, not to the 3DS' competition. But what do i know?

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

komicturtle

HolyMackerel wrote:

Hmm well I think it's still possible even without using the touch screen. The 3DS has a gyroscope and accelerometer, so they could possibly be used... Or they could do a reverse claw of sorts using the rearranged D-pad and analog pad. That would be even less comfortable than the claw on the PSP/Wii though. Hmm...

A thumb stylus like the one included with the DS Phat would be a great solution though. Uh, if it was comfortable and worked. Not sure if that old one was any good since I never had one.

I remember using it and it wasn't... too great. I tried playing Rayman DS and Super Mario 64 DS with it and I didn't really like it. Maybe if I tried it now, it would be different. But I see that some 3DS Starter kits will be including those wrist wraps.

Another thing they could do is that spiral wrapped around your thumb stylus that I saw awhile ago.

Gyro Scrope and the motion tilts could work I suppose. Maybe having an option between touch screen camera or motion sensors.

triforceofcourage wrote:

I love my monster hunter tri, and i was thinking of this as a great possibilty too. MHT did pretty well sales wise, and it would look amazing in 3D. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom was working on it right now. I think i've actually came up with some working controls too. No up and down camera looking (because it's not really needed), so the sholder buttons are to look to the sides. No underwater hunting because that would be hard with only one analog stick. but touchscreen for maps, health, items, stamina, maybe even quest info and menu. a, x, b, and y would work the same as they do in MHT and the analog stick would be to run around. Then the d-pad could be all the wepon specific attacks, or guarding, and running. People also saw the article about MH3D here too right? if not check it out. http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/01/cross_everything_and...
I think it sounds like hes wanting to move it to the 3DS, not to the 3DS' competition. But what do i know?

I believe it's been confirmed that the NGP will be getting a Monster Hunter game.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

HolyMackerel

triforceofcourage wrote:

No up and down camera looking (because it's not really needed)

Argh gunners become virtually useless. Also good luck fighting (or even seeing) Gigginox when he's on the ceiling. Or Rathian, Rathalos or Barioth when they're flying. Insta-deaths from them swooping down will become a common occurence.

Having the camera controls and movement both on the left hand makes a lot of sense to me. It allows you to move, readjust the camera and use items/attack all at once. Very convenient for pro players.

HolyMackerel

irken004

MH 3DS + gyroscope/motion operated camera = "WHERE'Z DAT LAGI???" /spins in circles in real life

Joeynator3000

HolyMackerel wrote:

triforceofcourage wrote:

No up and down camera looking (because it's not really needed)

Argh gunners become virtually useless. Also good luck fighting (or even seeing) Gigginox when he's on the ceiling. Or Rathian, Rathalos or Barioth when they're flying. Insta-deaths from them swooping down will become a common occurence.

Having the camera controls and movement both on the left hand makes a lot of sense to me. It allows you to move, readjust the camera and use items/attack all at once. Very convenient for pro players.

Well, there's always their shadows...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

zezhyrule

If the L/R buttons were used for camera movement, how would you run, shield or preform those R attacks certain weapons have?

komicturtle92 wrote:

Wash yo hands...

Heh, I'd like you to catch a time IRL when I didn't just wash my hands in the past 5min :3

I'm just super OCD about any smears or dirt on my screen, even with protectors D:

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Highwinter

komicturtle92 wrote:

I believe it's been confirmed that the NGP will be getting a Monster Hunter game.

They demonstrated the backwards compatibility of the PSP2 by showing it playing Freedom 3 (which actually supported both analogue sticks!) but as far as I know, they haven't said they'll be developing a new one for it. Frankly, I don't see it happening.. the whole reason they developed the games for the Wii and PSP over the PS3 is because of time and money. Developing PS3 games costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time, I don't see why that suddenly wouldn't be an issue.

The 3DS seems to be pretty similar to the PSP from a technical perspective, so it wouldn't surprise me to see many of these PSP exclusives like Phantasy Star, Metal Gear Solid, Dissidia and Monster Hunter Freedom move to the 3DS. But I'm just speculating, of course.

Highwinter

retired_account

Yeah, I'd love the PSP games to come to the 3DS. I never owned one, so I'd like to get to play them instead of MH3 all over again, haha.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

triforceofcourage

Untitled
http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/02/17/hav...
We have the power to make Monster Hunter come to the 3DS!!! (tell them you want it by doing a quick survey at the above link.

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

Colors

Woo-hoo! I took the survey and helped the cause! You may now all bow down to me.

Edited on by Colors

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

retired_account

Just filled it out. Thanks for that!

if they release it on iPad instead then it's my fault. >;3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

TLink9

pixelman wrote:

Just filled it out. Thanks for that!

if they release it on iPad instead then it's my fault. >;3

I will remember this >:3.

That is TLinkerbell to you!
[17:17] theblackdragon: considering i have neither an xbox nor a ps3 :3
[17:17] Corbie: Nintendo fangirl alert!!!!
[17:17] James Newton: Uh oh
The James Ne...

Also if you end up fist fighting Alatreon as Ryu, that's also my fault. >:3

retired_account

Colors

If you wake up tomorrow in a Cameroon hospital, that's my fault. >:3

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

Arcanum

WOW @triforceofcourage thanks for that link!!! We should all just work together for monster hunter 3DS

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.