Forums

Topic: It worked; well done Nintendo. 5000% unit sales hike in Japan

Posts 41 to 60 of 74

komicturtle

Loss leading isn't smart if you don't have much to lean on. We'll see in the coming years how it goes if they stick with "loss leading". Hopefully, all across the board it's good and not bad.

Don't want Nintendo to go the Sega route of leaving the hardware business- and potentially closing shop indefinitely if the "We stop making systems, we stop making games. Period." is true

komicturtle

OldBoy

Is it a fact that they are making a loss on the hardware though? I'm not so sure,certainly not the raw cost anyhow.The tech inside is hardly cutting edge,I think Nintendo were pretty greedy at launch thinking that everyone would lap up glasses free 3D yet forgetting to back it up with software and it backfired.
Fortunately they seem to have realised their mistakes early on and are now putting it right.At the price it is at the moment it now becomes an impulse buy which I think will generate many more sales,especially considering it also plays DS games.
I really hope this leap in sales continues as I genuinely believe that the console has a load of potential and it would be a shame if we only see Nintendo games on it.They really need to splash some cash and get third parties involved and provide more incentives for developers.You gotta speculate to accumulate after all!

What's this bit for again?

Bankai

tanookisuit wrote:

briunj04 wrote:

Do you guys think they lose money on each sale for the 3DS now? If so, then really what's the point? ._.
But enough pessimism! That's outstanding numbers, right there. Hope it sells in the states

Yes or breaking even. I know when it came out they could have gotten by at $200 to make just a sliver of profit and they got greedy. So given the few months and the $180 level they're likely even. Loss leading is a retarded way to go about business Nintendo has never played with and smartly so as you're losing on every unit you sell hoping the consumers buy enough other items to offset it. It has cost both MS and Sony so much money it is staggering, the original xbox took most its life to turn a profit on the units but never on the whole project as a whole, 360 even worse with the bad hardware and 3yr warranties. Sony did far worse with the $600 system they lost hundreds on and continued to until about a year ago finally with parts getting cheap enough so who knows when they'll even out.

I can tell you don't run a business.

JustAnotherUser

Can we all makeup before a flamewar starts please

Untitled

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

Noire

burns the dandelions and the puppy

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

komicturtle

You know.. I wouldn't mind about burning the puppy because it's one of my least favorite.

So burn ahead.

Also: It's inevitable that a flame war will start in threads like these. Or, a small appetizer because everyone knows Big Brother and Big Sister are watching.

komicturtle

komicturtle

I love Big Brother UK lol

The US one sucks hard. Big Brother 2005 is my favorite

komicturtle

JustAnotherUser

Never watched any of them really so I can't comment too much.
It just doesn't appeal to me, I would watch it if they used "Dawn of final day"

JustAnotherUser

LzWinky

WaltzElf wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I love Big Brother UK lol

The US one sucks hard. Big Brother 2005 is my favorite

I like the German one. When a dude held a knife to a girl's throat.

In Germany, they do things hardcore

No More Heroes begs to differ

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Apollo

Cancel the party guys. Wait and see in a month. Of course they had a huge initial week after a price cut. It was like launch day version 2.0.... this is no indication of the future. We need to see what happens now that they capture all the people who really wanted it but couldn't afford it at $250.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

komicturtle

@WaltzElf

So watching that lol

I saw a bit of the Australian and Turkish- the latter one being so freaking violent. This guy was beating up another guy and it took the security about two minutes to arrive to break up the fight. It's like they waited till he got the s**t beaten out of him.

The US one... It just freaking sucks.

Oh! And Big Brother is coming back to the UK!!

Pardon me. This is so off-topic

Ahem... I was hoping for over 9000% percent!

komicturtle

The_Fox

This thread has taken a weird turn from the 3DS to talking about awful TV shows.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Ecto-1

lz20XX wrote:

Untitled

Can't wait to see sales overseas

Glad to see they fixed the paper jam.

I hope the new price point pays off in the long run. It is certainly more appealing to me. Release that orange one and you can have my money!

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Corbs

After seeing the lineup of games coming for Vita, it makes me long for a time when the third parties get that involved in 3DS development. At least we have the first-party stuff coming over the next 6 or 7 months. Can't WAIT to get my hands on those again.

Plain old gamer :)

LzWinky

Apollo wrote:

Cancel the party guys. Wait and see in a month. Of course they had a huge initial week after a price cut. It was like launch day version 2.0.... this is no indication of the future. We need to see what happens now that they capture all the people who really wanted it but couldn't afford it at $250.

I just hope they build upon the momentum

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hokori

ahh Ninty you will always be amazing in my eyes (unless you give in to the claymore that is being thrown around )

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

kkslider5552000

Corbs wrote:

After seeing the lineup of games coming for Vita, it makes me long for a time when the third parties get that involved in 3DS development.

to be fair, nothing on Vita will be as awesome as DRAGON QUEST ROCKET SLIME 3D. Because it is DRAGON QUEST ROCKET SLIME 3D.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ploppins

JarvanZheitk wrote:

Never watched any of them really so I can't comment too much.
It just doesn't appeal to me, I would watch it if they used "Dawn of final day"

Pardon me going back to the off-topic conversation, but I couldn't miss replying to this hahahaha I would watch every episode in anticipation of the captions telling me the time of day =P But you hafta add in the disconsolate bell ringing in the background, of course.

Now, back to your regular programming.

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.