Forums

Topic: IGN's Top 25 Nintendo 3DS Games (as of September 2013)

Posts 1 to 20 of 61

SammyOfMobius

This article from IGN is quite new, so I figured I'd post it on NL. IGN's Top 25 is quite valid in my eyes. Well, here is the link to the article.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/10/the-top-25-nintendo-3d...
What do you guys think? Post your thoughts below!

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Gregor

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

This article from IGN is quite new, so I figured I'd post it on NL. IGN's Top 25 is quite valid in my eyes. Well, here is the link to the article.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/10/the-top-25-nintendo-3d...
What do you guys think? Post your thoughts below!

Methinks IGN is playing games under the influence as usual.

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

Gregor

At the end of the day, these are all just opinions.

With IGN you never know if that is truly the case. They are untrustworthy corporate apes.

Edited on by Gregor

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

Rapido

Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is almost a unicorn in modern gaming: a graphic text adventure. What’s more, it’s a direct sequel to a "little-known" DS adventure called 999: -------------- Little Known? WTF (well maybe). And KH: DDD last on list? A very underrated game. This folks sure don't know how to rate quality games.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

LzWinky

Why are opinions for the sake of opinions untrustworthy?

Anywho, Super Mario is the best

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ThePirateCaptain

I simeltaneously agree and disagree with many things about this list. First off, where is Mario & Luigi: Dream Team? I also didn't understand how you could put KI:U at number 15, and NSMB2 at number 7. Everyone has their own opinions though.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

LzWinky

Rapido wrote:

Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward is almost a unicorn in modern gaming: a graphic text adventure. What’s more, it’s a direct sequel to a "little-known" DS adventure called 999: -------------- Little Known? WTF (well maybe). And KH: DDD last on list? A very underrated game. This folks sure don't know how to rate quality games.

I disagree. KH is so stale now it's depressing. The story is so stupid too

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Rapido wrote:

The 3D one was held back by some crippling flaws, too, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

I-U

CapnPancakes wrote:

I also don't understand how you could put KI:U at number 15, and NSMB2 at number 7.

One has coherent, easily understood and jump right in gameplay and controls and the other doesn't?

Regarding the list, I'm surprised to see Colors! 3D even on there, though that's one of the downloads I enjoy the most on the 3DS. That said, I would have liked to have seen Mutant Mudds make a spot and Mario & Luigi Dream Team for that matter, which has impressed me from what I've seen. I think I'm going to have to open Awakening at some point soon considering how much fuss it has gotten.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Rapido

CanisWolfred wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Rapido wrote:

The 3D one was held back by some crippling flaws, too, IMO.

It has its flaws, Yes. But the gameplay is unique and fun in its own right with the inclusion of Flowmotion. The story is not exciting, yes. But it has some interesting revelations.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

LzWinky

I don't think so. The gameplay was still more or less the same as all the other games. The story became even more complicated. So I gave up on KH

CanisWolfred

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I don't think so. The gameplay was still more or less the same as all the other games. The story became even more complicated. So I gave up on KH

Again, I agree with Scrooge. If anything, the gameplay was a downgrade from Birth by Sleep and even 358/2 Days, IMO, since it made the system more flash over substance yet again.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

unless I read the wrong page I have 11 games on that list.... it makes me feel both good and bad, good because games I like are there, and bad because only 12 of the games in that list are left for me to try(I already played MK7 and SM3DL but don't have them). but I think Crimson Shroud deseved to be there, KH3D is really good but unplayable after finishing once(it depends too much on the storyline that only is impressive in the first time you play)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CM30

No Mario & Luigi Dream Team equals bad list.

New Super Mario Bros 2 above games like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon equals an even worse one.

And Paper Mario Sticker Star getting in over Dream Team? Get out of there troll writer.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Nice to see Sticker Star finally get some respect. Whether everyone likes it or not.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Geonjaha

Sticker Star is on their list. Lol. That is all.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.