Forums

Topic: IGN's Top 25 Nintendo 3DS Games (as of September 2013)

Posts 21 to 40 of 61

GuSolarFlare

Sticker Star deserves it for the soundtracks alone! it could have been better and the last world felt Excessively rushed. but it IS a great game(better than KH3D and I'm only saying this because I have and really like both games! )

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CM30

Yes, because a good soundtrack is the key defining quality of a good game.

Not really, otherwise you could say that Wario Master of Disguise and Mario Pinball Land were good games. Both had decent soundtracks, terrible everything else.

Kind of like Sticker Star.

Also, I'd like to point out that a lot of opposition to the game is on sort of ideological grounds. The worse reception the game gets, the less chance for Miyamoto to say 'told you so, less story is a good thing' and the more chance Intelligent Systems will try something else for the next game. Also part of why I promote Dream Team so much (other than it being a great game), because to me it's the direction Mario RPGs should go in.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@CM30 I know the soundtrack isn't all... but it's the only thing that pleased more than 50% of those who played it.... so I always use it as an example... my only complaints are the way they made the characters conscious of their papery state(I know most people liked this too but it kind of spoiled the fun to me), the last world and the third world, the last was too short and the third was dragging too much.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

moomoo

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is #7
Sticker Star is on that list.
Mario & Luigi Dream Team is not on that list.
What.

Personally, I would have stayed away from ports and get Rhythm Thief and Dead or Alive: Dimensions on the list (they deserve the mention) but it's an okay list. Still don't agree with the overall placement of many of the games (ports, Kid Icarus being very low, Zero Escape being very low, New Super Mario Bros. 2 being on there, let alone as high as it is, Mario 3D Land at #1 instead of Fire Emblem, etc.)

I find it funny how I actually even care about a stupid list. It's weird.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

GuSolarFlare

@moomoo lists are fun! and I personally only care for these lists when I want to see if I'm skipping too many noteworthy games XD

my Backloggery

Snagrio

Kid Icarus is lower then a port of a Wii game (a mighty fine one though), and both are several slots lower then the most unoriginal of the NSMB games? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. Some placements are good though, like Fire Emblem and Mario Kart.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Pianist88

Reading that list reminds me why I quit going to that website at all - their writers should probably go take some courses in grammar! Improper use of possessive is unacceptable. Words are missing. Comma use is questionable. The list itself seems fair enough excepting Paper Mario. I hope Nintendo finally gives us a real sequel to The Thousand Year Door someday.

If you like piano and/or organ music:
https://youtu.be/9k8r2bSpcWE

I-U

WingedFish wrote:

Kid Icarus is lower then a port of a Wii game (a mighty fine one though), and both are several slots lower then the most unoriginal of the NSMB games?

The most unoriginal NSMB game is on the Wii, though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad game.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Arcamenel

Kid Icarus is much too low on that list.

Edited on by Arcamenel

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Dreamsleep

No Project X Zone?! Wahhhhhht?!

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

mamp

IDK this list was pretty meh not the game selections or rankings they're great games I meant the list. It's just I feel like the list came out too early there aren't that many games out there for the 3DS I feel like they practically had every noteworthy release that's been on the 3DS in the list (I said noteworthy so who really counts shovelware into this). I seriously can't think of many other games on the 3DS that aren't on the list I doubt there's even more than 10 I can think of.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

CanisWolfred

mamp wrote:

IDK this list was pretty meh not the game selections or rankings they're great games I meant the list. It's just I feel like the list came out too early there aren't that many games out there for the 3DS I feel like they practically had every noteworthy release that's been on the 3DS in the list (I said noteworthy so who really counts shovelware into this). I seriously can't think of many other games on the 3DS that aren't on the list I doubt there's even more than 10 I can think of.

...I can think of more than ten just by looking at my own collection...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Gregor

mamp wrote:

Its IGN what did you expect, EFFORT?

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool, just like bowties.

3DS Friend code:
2664 - 3151 - 1828
Multiplayer centric games I own:
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Kid Icarus Uprising

rockodoodle

I'm having a blast with just Mario Kart and Star Fox. Have Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion and Professor Layton. Haven't given them as much time as I should.

WingedFish wrote:

Kid Icarus is lower then a port of a Wii game (a mighty fine one though), and both are several slots lower then the most unoriginal of the NSMB games? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. Some placements are good though, like Fire Emblem and Mario Kart.

rockodoodle

KryptoniteKrunch

I'd put Kid Icarus a bit higher and swap out Colors 3D for M&L Dream Team, but this list isn't too shabby.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

DualWielding

the game selection is o.k but the placing of the games isn't, Zero Escape: VLR, SMT IV and KH 3D are very low while others are ridiculously high like star fox 64 and NSMB 2, the biggest omission on the list in my opinion is Project X Zone,

PSN: Fertheseeker

Relias

Sticker Star... hmmm.. it's the graphics it has to the graphics.. cause the game play.. (While good) s not top 25 worthy..

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

SkywardLink98

Super Mario 3D Land shouldn't be in the top 5. It was good and all, but there are plenty of 3DS games that trump it. (Of all the 3DS games I own, it's probably my least favorite)

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.