Forums

Topic: IGN's Top 25 Nintendo 3DS Games (as of September 2013)

Posts 61 to 61 of 61

CazTheGamerGuy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Um...
How did Ghost Recon, Castlevaina, and Overclocked not make that list????

I can't say for certain, but Overclocked probably didn't make the list since it was a remake and Recon was likely forgotten in light of Awakening's superior strategy (Or possibly forgotten altogether as it was a launch title). As for the CastleVania game, the original reviewer hated it and likely played a hand in keeping it off with . I think they weren't harsh enough on that piece of electronic pus. What a disgrace Mirror of Fate was to such a great series.

RR529 wrote:

Positives:
???:

• Steamworld Dig (haven't played it, so I'm not going to judge it's position, but it just came as a surprise, especially so high up. Is it really that good?)

Not quite as good as IGN might have put it, but a damn solid title. I'd check out a review if you're not certain or need more background, but it comes recommended as one of the best on all of the eShop. Cheers.

OT: I really do not like these lists IGN does on a system every dang year. It should be done once a system has run its course as a reflection of developers' accomplishment on the system and the great games on it, and while I enjoy the 3DS, there are only a handful of titles I would consider must plays that justify a purchase of the system. It has a solid library, but not solid enough titles to warrant a list of 25 as of the time of writing. This all comes down to personal opinion, much like the team who put this list together, so i'll end with this: In my opinion, the list should not have been made whatsoever. It was pointless to do since in a year, they'll probably put the hottest release on the system near or in top position along with the biggest names out on the 3DS.

Edited on by CazTheGamerGuy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.