Forums

Topic: GBA Ambassador: When do you expect them to roll in?

Posts 401 to 420 of 579

Popyman

Complaining is a never ending cycle with more complainers complaining about those they see as complaining, neither group accomplishing ANYTHING. Just don't do it. >_>

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

SunnySnivy

SageofShadow wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

grumblegrumble wrote:

Nintendo of America Soapbox Time:

NoA sucks. I think they should fire Reggie and everyone else up the chain of command and re-hire those positions with smarter, more tech savvy people who are ready to steer this thing into the new decade. (Of course, this might be a problem with Nintendo Corp and not NoA, and if so, then this should apply to those people. Sorry, Reg, if your'e out of the loop.) The ENTIRE future of sales is going to be ONLINE and WIRELESS, why they are so slow to realize this is beyond me. (Look at the success of the iTunes Store, the iPad replacing hardcover books, and the iCloud service, etc.) Nintendo needs to realize that offering its games on other devices (Mario games on the iPad) might be a good thing for them, too, but this is beyond NoA's control and has more to do with Nintendo's board of directors' decisions, etc. I know Nintendo makes hardware and are afraid of cannabilization of hardware sales if they offer their games on other devices, but until Nintendo can offer a similar quality online experience, they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, More thought needs to be put into caring for the user of the product. Why they fail to notify us when they say they are or leave us hanging at times is beyond me. If its a business and they want to make money, then sometimes I feel they could do a much better job of doing so! Hell, hire ME! Lol. I'll make sure the American user base feels loved! I do know these are free games we're talking about and Nintendo won't make money off them, but our happiness will lead to future sales. They also could offer these games up for sale on the e-shop to anyone and everyone after we get ours, why they wouldn't do that is beyond me. While I know there are pure haters and others who on the flip side of that - total brainwashed Nintendo fans-, I feel that we can all agree that NoA has done sort of a below the par job as of late with their fan base. Get your act together, Nintendo of America!

P.S. On a sidenote, word is out that the GBA games are now available in japan after only being available in Australia for the past few hours. So it seems to be inching closer to Europe and America. Let's hope!

I love how half of this didn't even apply to Nintendo of America.

Lol, seriously. This is completely unrealistic.

Out of this whole quote the only thing that made me laugh was "iPad replacing hardback books." If anything should be credited for that, it would be the Kindle. Not the stupid iPad.

Also, books aren't going anywhere. -__- Books are older than dirt, they'll be around forever, even if something more convient takes over the main market. I have a Nook and I still buy more physical books than eBooks. In fact, I still prefer them.

One more thing: Why is Nintendo constantly compared to apple?

And what do books have to do with this? I'm way off topic here.

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

CosmoXY

grumblegrumble wrote:

While I know there are pure haters and others who on the flip side of that - total brainwashed Nintendo fans-, I feel that we can all agree that NoA has done sort of a below the par job as of late with their fan base. Get your act together, Nintendo of America!

Launch major titles such as Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, TLOZ: Skyward Sword. Release FreakyForms and Pushmo on the eShop. 3DS system update. Holiday 3DS and Wii bundles. Announce major games for 2012 such as Xenoblade and Kid Icarus. Update Club Nintendo with new rewards and games for points. GBA Ambassador games soon to be released.

Yeah, NoA is doing a below par job. Sure.

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

theblackdragon

guys, it's time for everyone to step back and chill out.

they are just games. games that have been out for quite a long time now. games that most of you have already played multiple times over. they are not worth raging and frothing at the mouth on the internet over. angry with Nintendo? Take it straight to them — contact information is easy to find on Nintendo's page in any region. bickering with one another over it solves nothing, though, and it ticks me off because I have to go in and make sure everything's all right when the reports roll in.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

Its my fault that the Ambassador games are not coming to the US...
Untitled

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Patience is the most bestest wonderful thing in the world!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Winter

To keep the waiting shorter:

Do you plan to play them one and one or each a little while? I usually end up playing lots of games, are you stoic and finishing one and one?

Also which one will you start with, will you save some for christmas? I will at least save Fire Emblem I think.
It's hard to choose which one to start with, they looks great all!

Winter

skells33

I just looking forward to them, no more moaning from me now

skells33

DrKarl

I'm passing the time going for the fourth save file star in Mario Land 3D.

I am kind of bummed that I learned about the glittering stars after I had already lost them. Not bummed enough to start over though. I think once I get the 5 stars, I will set it aside for a year or so and then go for a glittering 5 star run next year.

DrKarl

LucinaSmash

Winter wrote:

To keep the waiting shorter:

Do you plan to play them one and one or each a little while? I usually end up playing lots of games, are you stoic and finishing one and one?

Also which one will you start with, will you save some for christmas? I will at least save Fire Emblem I think.
It's hard to choose which one to start with, they looks great all!

I'm starting with Mario Kart and F-Zero since Mario Kart 7 will be my main focus once Christmas comes. Next will be Metroid Fusion, the only Ambassador game I once own and loved, since I barely play any Metroid franchise this year.

I don't know what my remaining order of GBA games to experience for the first time, howerver, I do know that The Minish Cap will be the last since I'm all Zelda out at this point.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

grumblegrumble

@theblackdragon You have to remember that we are crazy gamers, some of us with absolutely no lives lol Point taken, though. To help curb the growing impatience on the part of us impatient gamers, why doesn't NintendoLife throw up some new retro gba reviews, reminisces and articles so we have something to do instead of constantly reload the news pages? hehe Oh, and add a search bar into the forums. That has been a little pet peeve of mine on your site these past few years. Otherwise, great job on keeping us all informed about what's coming out and what's coming up and I thank you for all the work that you guys do! You guys get the news out faster than NoA in many cases, and I know that we Americans are very thankful for that.

Edited on by grumblegrumble

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

pntjr

I wasn't excited until those silly Aussies got them.
Just looking at the Austrailians tweeting and posting about their games.
They're torturing us.
MAKE IT STOP!

@TheBlackDragon Yes, but we're also mad thatr Australia got the games before us.
None of theese posts are hate for Austrailia, because I go there every other summer, but IMADBRO.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

theblackdragon

@grumblegrumble: most of the GBA Ambassador titles hadn't been retro reviewed, and I'm told the few that were (I know Minish Cap was one, idk about the rest though) were taken down so that they can have information regarding how they play on the 3DS added in. They will all see Ambassador-style reviews once we get 'em, though, don't worry. :3

As for the forum-search thing, we know, we know, believe me we know, and hopefully the upcoming site revamp will take care of it for us. As always, we appreciate your patience. :3

BEST THREAD EVER

grumblegrumble

pntjr wrote:

I wasn't excited until those silly Aussies got them.
Just looking at the Austrailians tweeting and posting about their games.
They're torturing us.
MAKE IT STOP!

@TheBlackDragon Yes, but we're also mad thatr Australia got the games before us.
None of theese posts are hate for Austrailia, because I go there every other summer, but IMADBRO.

I would be really careful about what you are saying here. Aussies aren't silly. If anything, us Americans are for being so outlandishly impatient. lol! Let's take a cue from the patient Aussies, who are normally last to get anything.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Eel

Australia ALWAYS gets things first! It's so unfair! [insert video of angry-sad pony here]
You know what? I'll sit in that corner there thinking bad things about Australia until we get the games. Karma powers!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

grumblegrumble

theblackdragon wrote:

@grumblegrumble: most of the GBA Ambassador titles hadn't been retro reviewed, and I'm told the few that were (I know Minish Cap was one, idk about the rest though) were taken down so that they can have information regarding how they play on the 3DS added in. They will all see Ambassador-style reviews once we get 'em, though, don't worry. :3

As for the forum-search thing, we know, we know, believe me we know, and hopefully the upcoming site revamp will take care of it for us. As always, we appreciate your patience. :3

Cool I just want you guys to know that sometimes whenever you mods have to lock a new thread its not because we are ignorant, its because sometimes the first post about something is so buried down into other pages that they can't be found easily. With a search bar, we could search for a title or game and see if its there before posting a new one. It would make your work easier. Just sayin'!

grumblegrumble

Morpheel wrote:

Australia ALWAYS gets things first! It's so unfair! [insert video of angry-sad pony here]
You know what? I'll sit in that corner there thinking bad things about Australia until we get the games. Karma powers!

lol! just be careful when you play with karma, it always bites back. Poor sad little angry pony!

theblackdragon

@grumblegrumble: As I've said repeatedly over the years, no one is ever in trouble for posting a duplicate thread. We know (most) people aren't just doing it to be ignorant, and some people flip out over it, but we are not angry when we lock a thread, nor do we lock/redirect threads out of spite. We know very well that the forum search is busted, and all we're trying to do when we lock a thread as a duplicate is keep a given discussion together as opposed to splintered across multiple threads. That's all! Hopefully the site revamp will give us a merge feature so we won't have to worry about it anymore :3

If you'd like to continue this line of discussion, you're more than welcome to use the Contact Form to get in touch. Otherwise, let's get back to thinking good thoughts about the GBA titles arriving soon :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Don

Wake up Reggie! All the other regions are getting the GBA Ambassador games and over in NA not a single word.

Don

Link79

They've all gone home for the Holidays. We'll get our games in January after the new year.
Wouldn't that suck?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.