Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 381 to 400 of 5,116

Spoony_Tech

No way!! The demo forces you into casual mode. Oh well. It's just a demo after all!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

Just beat the demo on normal. I was hoping this would make it easier for me to decide between this and Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, but I'm still stuck.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Spoony_Tech

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Just beat the demo on normal. I was hoping this would make it easier for me to decide between this and Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, but I'm still stuck.

What's making you stuck. Do you know you will like starcraft? Did you like the demo? If after the demo you're still stuck then go with the one you know you will like.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Lan

Yeah, have you tried the Starcraft 2 demo?

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

ClassicJetterz

Downloading the demo and will pick it up when I get off of work tonight.

This is my first Fire Emblem game...wish me luck. If I like it I just may buy it.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Lan

ClassicJetterz wrote:

This is my first Fire Emblem game...wish me luck. If I like it I just may buy it.

Take your time with it. Don't rush through
FE is probably my favorite series, I hope you love it.

Dragon friend safari

Gustoff

@lightbringer
Thanks.

@Tech101
What's casual mode?

And, is the demo pretty long? How's the 3D look on it?
I can't wait to get home and download and play.
3hrs to GOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

ClassicJetterz

Lan wrote:

ClassicJetterz wrote:

Take your time with it. Don't rush through
FE is probably my favorite series, I hope you love it.

Thanks buddy. I'll be sure to post my impressions.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Lan

Gustoff wrote:

What's casual mode?

As far as I know, units get resurrected after they die, no permadeath. I.E. it's lame

Edited on by Lan

Dragon friend safari

Snagrio

That's it. It's confirmed. I have played the demo and...

I FREAKING LOVED IT!!! I mean, I liked it a lot more then I thought I would. Certainly going to be added to my library as soon as it comes out! Gotta pre-order it soon...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Gustoff

@Lan
Thanks, playing the Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones, i've come to like the premadeath option. Makes the game more tense and makes you think before making your move. Cool, can't wait to try it out later.

e-love

Just tried the demo.

I can't believe this series has escaped me all of these years. I really liked it. The gameplay is right down my ally. Reminded me a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics, which I love.

I also skipped the cutscenes and such, its a demo, I don't want story bits before I play the full game.

3D effect was really nice, I also really liked their use of traditional sprites on the battlefield.

I'm pre-ordering at Gamestop for my free art book!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Spoony_Tech

I thought the 3d was ok. Reason being is the graphics are so good it almost looks like 3d when turned off. I didn't have the time to finish the demo but looks great so far.

For those that played it does the normal mode hold your hand and explain things to you? Hard mode didn't and I thought that was cool. Let's us veterans step right in and get going!

Also casual mode seems to let you save anywhere you want on the battle field when in the past once save the file was deleted once you resumed your game!

MERG said:

Lan

3Dash wrote:

To pre-order and have even less money when it comes out or not to pre-order and wait until I have more money... that is the question.

Think of it this way: Pre order, you're out $40 bucks. But you'll also get tons of hours of entertainment. You'll be spending this time playing the game, and not eating food (which you'll have to replace with money) or taking women out on dates (which also takes money) or driving around (gas prices, man) or experimenting with drugs due to boredom (addictions can get expensive. or so I've heard).

Edited on by Lan

Dragon friend safari

Spoony_Tech

3Dash wrote:

To pre-order and have even less money when it comes out or not to pre-order and wait until I have more money... that is the question.

So you like it but are short on cash and one will have to wait. Get which ever comes out first then wait on the second one till you have the funds!

MERG said:

Lan

Tech101 wrote:

I thought the 3d was ok. Reason being is the graphics are so good it almost looks like 3d when turned off. I didn't have the time to finish the demo but looks great so far.

For those that played it does the normal mode hold your hand and explain things to you? Hard mode didn't and I thought that was cool. Let's us veterans step right in and get going!

Also casual mode seems to let you save anywhere you want on the battle field when in the past once save the file was deleted once you resumed your game!

On the second map the 3D really stood out

Dragon friend safari

Gustoff

@Tech101
Good to know, thanks. I'm not familiar with turn-based strategy games, so on The Sacred Stones, i'm playing it with the help menus popping up. I'm learning bit by bit. But i like it. I think i like this genre now that i've taken the time to actually try it instead of just hating on it. I might try Awakening in this manner as well for the first run thru, then i'll try a harder level.

Happy_Mask

Good to see everybody's loving it so far!
Maybe there will be more FE fans now!
But this is going to be the best in the series, no doubt about it after playing the demo.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.