Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 401 to 420 of 5,116

New_3DaSh_XL

I guess nobody at all read my profile page, ever, I'm 13, so driving/paying for food/etc isn't a problem yet. Girls might be. But anyway, It's a choice between getting this, LMDM, ACNL(eventually), or LEGO City Undercover. I'm completely stumped.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Shameless plug here but if you guys like this game you owe it to yourself to try out Ghost Recon-Shadow Wars. It's the same kind of strategy and it really is an excellent game. Should be really cheap as well by now!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Lan

Tech101 wrote:

Shameless plug here but if you guys like this game you owe it to yourself to try out Ghost Recon-Shadow Wars. It's the same kind of strategy and it really is an excellent game. Should be really cheap as well by now!!

Anything like Metal Gear Acid? That's the vibe I got from it, based on the little I've seen.

Also, I love the camera control and pause feature for the battles. Reminds me of Smash Bros. Also nice FOV for the first person view

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Spoony_Tech

I'm not sure about Metal Gear Acid but its turned based. Has a good story and nice 3d effect. It get really heavy on the strategy at points as well. It's more of a cross between Advanced Wars and Fire Emblem.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Lan

Tech101 wrote:

I'm not sure about Metal Gear Acid but its turned based. Has a good story and nice 3d effect. It get really heavy on the strategy at points as well. It's more of a cross between Advanced Wars and Fire Emblem.

Well I love me some Advance Wars. I'll check it out based on your recommendation.

Dragon friend safari

Gustoff

I was actually thinking a few days ago if i should get Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. I think i saw it on sale one day recently for 9.99 but i just checked and it's back up to 19.99. Bummers! I might get it if i find it a bit cheaper than $20.

3DS FC: 1805-2174-4646
3DS Name: Gustoff
AC:NL Dream Code: 4000-2538-6016

ThePirateCaptain

@3Dash
This is just me personally, but i'd go for either Fire Emblem or Luigi's Mansion.

I'm just downloading the demo now even though I plan on buying it anyway. The ambassador program gave me a chance to play Sacred Stones and I loved it but Awakening looks pretty sweet.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Lan

Gustoff wrote:

I was actually thinking a few days ago if i should get Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. I think i saw it on sale one day recently for 9.99 but i just checked and it's back up to 19.99. Bummers! I might get it if i find it a bit cheaper than $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Ghost-Recon-Shadow-Nintendo-3DS...

Dragon friend safari

Gustoff

@Lan
That is cheaper than $20. Thanks!

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
Click for larger image and other views

See all the images and videos
View and share related images
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
by Ubisoft
Platform: Nintendo 3DS | Rated: Teen
4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (79 customer reviews) | Like (76)
List Price: $29.99
Price: $17.49
You Save: $12.50 (42%)

Only 7 left in stock.
Ships from and sold by Game Express Online.
38 new from $13.99 24 used from $9.11
Product Features

Experience eye-popping 3D cutscenes and in-game effects
Fight your way through over 35 missions and 20 skirmish maps
Choose from six unique classes: Commando, Recon, Sniper, Gunner, Medic, and Engineer
Challenge your friends on a single 3DS in one-on-one duel maps that let you determine who the real special ops squad leader is
Unlock new skills and equipment, equipping your ghosts with the most advanced combat gear-and even drones

Gustoff

I just remembered that on this list https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/nintendo_of_america_... Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is coming out on the eShop as a retail download. Comes out on the 24th of January. And my birthday is on the 25th. Birthday present to my self. HA!!!

Lan

Gustoff wrote:

I just remembered that on this list https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/nintendo_of_america_... Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is coming out on the eShop as a retail download. Comes out on the 24th of January. And my birthday is on the 25th. Birthday present to my self. HA!!!

My mom's birthday as well. It'll probably be $40 on there though

Dragon friend safari

Spoony_Tech

No way. That better not be 40$ its almost 2 years old now. It's still my favorite launch title! Hate to through another one at you guys but same type and should be a good price is SMT Devil Survivor.

MERG said:

Gustoff

Thanks,
I think i'll pass on SMT but i'll be looking out for that retail download on GR:SW. I'm hoping $10. If so, i'm getting it. Maybe even $15.

Lan

Tech101 wrote:

No way. That better not be 40$ its almost 2 years old now. It's still my favorite launch title! Hate to through another one at you guys but same type and should be a good price is SMT Devil Survivor.

Throw all you want
Never played any games in that series, what's it like?

Dragon friend safari

Spoony_Tech

First of all sorry for the off topic. This will be my last one.

@Lan It's very similar to Fire Emblem as far as strategy goes. What it offers that different is each of your characters can have up to two demons with them to help them fight. Its got one of the best stories I've seen and great voice acting as well. You should check it out. Because it was a ungrade of the ds version though the 3d is not used for anything except the opening. Still something that will take you up to 80 + hours to beat and well worth it!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Tech101 wrote:

I love this game as well. I dont like it as much as Fire Emblem, but its still really fun and heavy on the tactical aspect. I think the game really picks up after the first couple of chapters too.

Anyway played the demo of FE. Like it. Seems they are focusing more on support in this game between units. Game is gorgeous although the grunting dialogue is just beyond funny and a bit obnoxious to me. That said I love every Fire Emblem game and this will probably be no different.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ClassicJetterz

I played the demo.

Looks like I'll have a new 3DS game come February 4th.

Edited on by ClassicJetterz

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Snagrio

Okay, I'm back for more detail since I had to rush my last comment since I was leaving home at the time. Anyway, the demo has made me more pumped for the game then I ever thought possible. You know a demo is good when it leaves you wanting more. Seriously, when it ended I actually said aloud, "Aw man, it's over already!?" I personally was a little unsure if I'd fully get into this series, but all doubt has been removed now. In fact, I now want this game so badly, that if it comes to it (i.e. if I don't get a job before it comes out), I'll even bite into my pile of Best Buy gift cards I got for Christmas that are being saved towards getting a Wii U! Of course now that I think about it I couldn't possibly pre-order a copy, but hey I'm sure I'll be able to grab one at BB. That, and I haven't had a new game to play since Black Friday (and that was Super Mario Galaxy, which I beat rather quickly).

Okay, now for actual in-game talk. Am I the only one who thinks Frederick is a total bada**? Talk about awesome. Not to mention Chrom. He practically screams Smash Bros. potential. Really the only nit-pick I have is the feet design; the characters look like they are constantly standing on tip-toe or don't have feet altogether, and it just looks strange.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Spoony_Tech

@WingedFish You do know Best Buy does pre orders now?!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.