Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Kakusei (Awakening)

Posts 1,676 to 1,695 of 5,116

Birdman

@SkywardLink98 & @tbd - All right, thanks for your advice. I've heard about how beast Donnel and guess I'll just continue leveling him up and keep fighting with him. I guess the Weapon XP System makes sense, since I was wondering what that was all about anyway (I must've missed an explanatory note somewhere about that). Well, guess it's back to grinding with him...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

SkywardLink98

@Birdman As long is Aptitude is equipped Donnel's stats will go up much faster than normal. Aptitude increases how often that stat goes up, like IGN said so his health always goes up, and other things are mostly 75%+ chance of going up, meaning he'll be much more powerful than his level warrants.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Retro_on_theGo

I evolved, for lack of a better word, my avatar and Sumia just now! I'm really enjoying this game more than I expected. I did the peaceful village prologue and everyone died!! Wtf! Those idiots kept running TOWARDS the risen! >:[ Ugh. I couldn't bring myself to restart since I got really good experience for Donnel.

lightbringer

Tried Classic/Lunatic and only got as far as chapter 2. Congrats to anyone that got farther. At least in Casual mode I can use everyone as a decoy while I army kill with Frederick, lol.

Also, Leif as a Trickster? lol, I'm guessing because he had the Light Sword? Still weird though.

Edited on by lightbringer

"This sword shall always be the sword of the oppressed. I swear it again now!"

3DS Friend Code: 1778-9775-6886

Snagrio

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I evolved, for lack of a better word, my avatar and Sumia just now! I'm really enjoying this game more than I expected. I did the peaceful village prologue and everyone died!! Wtf! Those idiots kept running TOWARDS the risen! >:[ Ugh. I couldn't bring myself to restart since I got really good experience for Donnel.

I did the same thing the first time around. I reset several times until I was like "Screw them, they're too stupid to live!" The second time around I got one, maybe two, safe. And they do give you good items for your trouble should any be left alive.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

e-love

WingedFish wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I did the same thing the first time around. I reset several times until I was like "Screw them, they're too stupid to live!" The second time around I got one, maybe two, safe. And they do give you good items for your trouble should any be left alive.

Lol. I loved how they like went after the risen and I was like "you guys are going to die xD"

Luckily. One pulled through, and I got the reward

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

SarcasticWisdom

Gamesake wrote:

I think it's a recreation of the first level of the first Fire Emblem game. That's why it has retro music playing. North America never got Fire Emblem on the NES so I guess it doesn't mean so much to any of us. That bonus level is still a good way to build up support conversations and level up weaker characters. Also those two villages give out some nice random loot like Ephraim's Spear, Bolt Axes, and Superior Swords--and you can go back as much as you want.

Yep.

I'm not sure how to embed yt videos so lol

Edited on by SarcasticWisdom

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

Retro_on_theGo

WingedFish wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Dang, I'm sure I was giving up a great reward but oh well. lol

Void

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@Birdman As long is Aptitude is equipped Donnel's stats will go up much faster than normal. Aptitude increases how often that stat goes up, like IGN said so his health always goes up, and other things are mostly 75%+ chance of going up, meaning he'll be much more powerful than his level warrants.

105 Health, 75 Strength, 35 Magic, 65 Skill, 70 Speed, 100 Luck, 65 Defense, and 40 Resistance, as a Villager, a few increase slightly when you change him into a Fighter or Mercenary. (I reccomend leveling him into a Fighter, and then turning him into a Mercenary at level 10, as Max HP + 5 and Crit + 5 are pretty good skills, and you seriously cannot be without the Armthrift (Mercenary.) Skill, once he maxes luck (which he will.) he'll have a whopping 4% chance to use a weapon.)

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

theblackdragon

@Retro_on_theGo: I forget what the reward was for that prologue, but it wasn't great enough for me to fight for it a second time — it was just a weapon or something iirc because one of 'em lived in my first game. this time around, they all died... those villagers are pretty effin' stupid. i got Donny up to level 10 in that fight so I couldn't bring myself to reset it either, hellooooo Mercenary.

also, the best part about Donnel (i think) is the low percentage hit-rate enemies will have on him later in the game. it seriously gets to the point where you can just throw Donnel and whomever you married him to (mine was Maribelle) onto a map, pair 'em up, and just walk him into a group of enemies and watch them never be able to lay a finger on him while he crits every single time he counterattacks. it really makes up for the hassle of getting him to that point, haha~

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Aqueous

@theblackdragon - It is two weapons and a stat boosting item if they all live

I beat it, Lunatic is cleared Oh and I choose to strike down Grima
WARNING HAS SPOILER OF EXTRA CONTENT AFTER YOU BEAT THE GAME BUT IS SOMETHING YOU DO IN GAME ANYWAYS
And I know I see this is going to take for ever to 100%..... It records every marriage and non-marriage, plus parent and non-parent support conversation and I HAVE to have all of them. Now it is the time for the real test, I've proven myself an expert through Lunatic, now to prove myself completely out of my mind and play Lunatic+ .....wish my shreds of sanity that remain luck.
END SPOILERS HERE

Edit: I'm terrified of the new abilities they gave my foes!

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Snagrio

Aqueous wrote:

@theblackdragon - It is two weapons and a stat boosting item if they all live

I beat it, Lunatic is cleared Oh and I choose to strike down Grima
WARNING HAS SPOILER OF EXTRA CONTENT AFTER YOU BEAT THE GAME BUT IS SOMETHING YOU DO IN GAME ANYWAYS
And I know I see this is going to take for ever to 100%..... It records every marriage and non-marriage, plus parent and non-parent support conversation and I HAVE to have all of them. Now it is the time for the real test, I've proven myself an expert through Lunatic, now to prove myself completely out of my mind and play Lunatic+ .....wish my shreds of sanity that remain luck.
END SPOILERS HERE

Edit: I'm terrified of the new abilities they gave my foes!

/waves meekly from the Normal difficulty.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Void

theblackdragon wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: I forget what the reward was for that prologue, but it wasn't great enough for me to fight for it a second time — it was just a weapon or something iirc because one of 'em lived in my first game. this time around, they all died... those villagers are pretty effin' stupid. i got Donny up to level 10 in that fight so I couldn't bring myself to reset it either, hellooooo Mercenary.

also, the best part about Donnel (i think) is the low percentage hit-rate enemies will have on him later in the game. it seriously gets to the point where you can just throw Donnel and whomever you married him to (mine was Maribelle) onto a map, pair 'em up, and just walk him into a group of enemies and watch them never be able to lay a finger on him while he crits every single time he counterattacks. it really makes up for the hassle of getting him to that point, haha~

Did you level him up to level 15 first so you could get Weak Beats Strong? It gives you a 50% hit and evasion boost when your level is lower than the enemy. (laol, just kidding it actually gives 15% boost, but it does help once the game gets harder.)

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

SkywardLink98

Wow, I never realized how easy leveling is in this game. Kjelle (who was still a level 12, first class) is now on her third class, (Knight to level 20, general to level 20 and Assassin to level 3.) and I got her there in less than an hour by grinding on more appropriate spots. Before, I was just grind the same couple levels until they didn't take a bit of damage, but that was waaay slower than just giving her an elixir and having her battle 'till she was close to dying.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

theblackdragon

Void wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Did you level him up to level 15 first so you could get Weak Beats Strong? It gives you a 50% hit and evasion boost when your level is lower than the enemy. (laol, just kidding it actually gives 15% boost, but it does help once the game gets harder.)

it's 'underdog' you're thinking of, and no — my husband told me about it only after i'd switched his class. i'll switch him back to a villager and get it when i'm done with him as a mercenary, or when i pick up a few more Leif's Blades so i can bullion farm (and thus have the extra second seals lying around).

BEST THREAD EVER

Aqueous

@theblackdragon - It is easier to farm by turning a male into a Barbarian and learning Despoil

TheKingOfTown

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Wow, I never realized how easy leveling is in this game. Kjelle (who was still a level 12, first class) is now on her third class, (Knight to level 20, general to level 20 and Assassin to level 3.) and I got her there in less than an hour by grinding on more appropriate spots. Before, I was just grind the same couple levels until they didn't take a bit of damage, but that was waaay slower than just giving her an elixir and having her battle 'till she was close to dying.

I didn't even know you could grind. Can you replay levels or something?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

theblackdragon

@TheKingofTown: You can't really replay storied chapters, but there's an item you can purchase (the Reeking Box) that will allow you to summon random enemies to a specific chapter you've already beaten on the map. The levels of the enemies depend on which chapter you're calling them into (they'll be around the same levels of the actual enemies in the story chapter you played there). People you've streetpassed and stuff will also show up on beaten chapters and you can replay the maps by choosing to fight them.

BEST THREAD EVER

Aqueous

@TheKingodTown - DLC maps may also be played again and again

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.