Forums

Topic: FF Theatrhythm

Posts 421 to 440 of 454

kkslider5552000

yeah, everyone's been saying that. I think someone missed the point of a demo if it makes you think the full game is worse than it is.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

Well I just got done playing the demo and its very limited. Only two songs are on offer. One battle and one field. No experience awarded or rhythma. The characters are at level 49 and I wasn't paying attention but I didn't see any special moves from them on the battle stage. Of course the full game is much deeper but the demo is enough of the main part that its pretty much what you're going to play for the next 30-60 hours if you want to see everything. Maybe even longer then that! Oh and it did let me choose from the three difficulty levels.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

zezhyrule

Demos should make you want to buy the full game... If you release a sucky demo how do you expect people to buy your game! Silly SE

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Tsuchinoko

edhe wrote:

@ultraraichu

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. In regards to drops, it is indeed random - today I received one shard #3 and one shard #2 when I beat a boss (twice) today, so I'll just have to keep at it.

@Entei - It depends on your tastes. Look them up on youtube. Alternatively, if your Internet connection isn't fast enough, you can go to a website called vgmusic.com where they have user created MIDI versions of thousands of tracks that should give you an idea on how they sound.

Actually, the Square-Enix Japan site has their own Youtube page. I'm guessing they don't have this in English or other languages. They have all of the original tracks on the page so that potential buyers of the DLC can listen to the versions of the songs that are in the game, since the DLC menu in the game doesn't have a listening option.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/t_ff/musiclist2.html

Its only in Japanese, but maybe you guys can play around with it. I can translate some things for you if you need, but I'm sure you can just listen around and find what you like

anyway, the songs that I thought were MUST BUYS were:

The Extreme (FFXIII)
Battle 2 (FFIX)
Matoya's Cave (FFI)
Battle 2 (FFIV)
Dark City Treno (FFIX)
Challenge (FFX)

There are so many songs I wish were in this game. I'm hoping for more DLC eventually.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Entei

I think I will download matoya's cave (FFI) and the decisive battle (FFV) next. I am going to buy all the FFIV dlc songs because its the only FF game that I have played so I know the songs on it are great.

Entei

Entei

Has anyone got all SSS ranks on all the songs and all the diffent difficulty levels?

Entei

edhe

I finished a EMS level at under 4/5 health, and another time below 6,000,000 points, and I still only faced off against the boss #3. I tried intentionly missing criticals, scoring long streaks of Good/Great hits, but still, when it came to playing the BMS afterwards, I would end up fighting Boss #3.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Tsuchinoko

edhe wrote:

I finished a EMS level at under 4/5 health, and another time below 6,000,000 points, and I still only faced off against the boss #3. I tried intentionly missing criticals, scoring long streaks of Good/Great hits, but still, when it came to playing the BMS afterwards, I would end up fighting Boss #3.

Haha, hard to think you're not bragging. Maybe you're just too good at this game. Lose a bit more health. I think if you lose a certain amount of health, but your combo is high you might still fight the 3rd boss.

@Entei FFIV did have some good music. FFVI did too, and there are plenty of songs I've love to buy DLC (Kids Run Through the City being one of them, I can't believe that song and some other's like Relm's Theme aren't here). You can use that link to listen to other music from the DLC.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Spoony_Tech

edhe wrote:

What you need to do is find the charactors with the lower agility and use skills that lower that ability even further. Then you don't even need to worry about trying to lose health!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Tech101 wrote:

edhe wrote:

What you need to do is find the charactors with the lower agility and use skills that lower that ability even further. Then you don't even need to worry about trying to lose health!

Yeah, but the problem is, have an agility that is too low and you don't see the 2nd or 3rd boss sign at all. You end up fighting the 1st boss. I think losing HP and having a low enough score will do it just fine. I dunno, that's what works for me anyway.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

TheDreamingHawk

For some dumb reason, I don't know why there aren't more FFVI DLC songs. They could put up the following easily:

-Town Theme
-The Next Day
-Kefka's theme (The song that plays at the very end of the floating continent)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Tsuchinoko

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

For some dumb reason, I don't know why there aren't more FFVI DLC songs. They could put up the following easily:

-Town Theme
-The Next Day
-Kefka's theme (The song that plays at the very end of the floating continent)

I could literally name like, two dozen songs that should go into any game that's meant to celebrate Final Fantasy music. Other than VI, I think their choices for FFVIII are seriously lacking.

At least they chose good music to represent IV, and they did put in a lot of the good stuff for VII and IX.

Yeah, the town theme is called Children Run Through the City I believe, that's the one I was referring to earlier. If they put that and Liberi Fatali (like, why isn't that song in the game, even as part of the menus?) I'd buy them day one.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

kkslider5552000

Tsuchinoko wrote:

At least they chose good music to represent IV, and they did put in a lot of the good stuff for VII and IX.

these are my favorite Final Fantasy soundtracks so I approve.

Tsuchinoko

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

these are my favorite Final Fantasy soundtracks so I approve.

Honestly, I get the appeal for the music from FFVII. It has an amazing main theme, one of the best of the series, and it does have some nice music overall. It just doesn't have that emotional tinge for me, since I was much more attached to FFVIII as a whole. I'm not sure why, the game just appealed to me more, and by association so did the music. I think the one thing that is lacking from FFVIII is character themes, which are surprisingly not present in a game that stressed character development as much as it did. I'm in love with the 13+ minute long Ending Theme though.

I will admit that FFIX had some great boss themes though, as I snatched up that boss battle theme off DLC really quick. haha

kkslider5552000

I don't even remember most of FFVII's music beyond the first half a dozen or so hours and the entire finale but those songs alone were pretty much mindblowing when I first played the game (let alone a 9 year old playing FFVII for the first time). But I'm not sure if I prefer that boss theme to the legendary boss music from IV. Tough choice.

TheDreamingHawk

I almost forgot. Eyes on me from FFVIII would be an great choice. Speaking of which, here is the DLC for september!

September 6, 2012
1. “The Extreme” (Final Fantasy VIII)
2. “Esper Battle” (Final Fantasy XII)
3. “Fight 2” (Final Fantasy IV)
4. “Dungeon” (Final Fantasy II) [RECOMMENDED BY ME FOR NO REASON]

September 13, 2012
1. “The Castle” (Final Fantasy VIII)
2. “The Battle for Freedom” (Final Fantasy XII)
3. “Undersea Shrine” (Final Fantasy)
4. “What Becomes of Us” (Final Fantasy: Type-0) [How did this end up in NA? Incoming NA release?]

September 20, 2012
1. “Force Your Way” (Final Fantasy VIII) [Yes!]
2. “Ragnarok” (Final Fantasy XI)
3. “Matoya’s Cave” (Final Fantasy)
4. “Tower of Mages” (Final Fantasy II) [Probably the best field song of the NES FF era, right behind Crystal Tower from FFIII]

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

kkslider5552000

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

3. “Fight 2” (Final Fantasy IV)

Hahaha yes, perfect timing. Fight 2 is the ultimate old school boss battle theme.

Final Fantasy II stuff is great too and tbh is one of the saving graces of that game (I only played the GBA version btw)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

edhe

I've discovered how to fight against Boss #2s.

Your performance in the FMS determines whether you fight Boss 1 or Boss 2/3 - do well and you get the chance to fight boss 2 or 3 - do poorly and you face boss 1.

Then when it comes to the BMS, if your health is at a certain point (below half, I think, although I usually drop down to 1/5) when you fight against the monster before the boss, that boss will become boss #2. Otherwise, if you play as normal, you should face boss #3.

I'm not sure whether luck or agility comes into play, but using this tactic, I've been able to face boss #2 with near certainty.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

ThePirateCaptain

@edhe
If your health is below 75% when you beat the second (or is it third?) enemy they you face Boss 2.

But about the DLC for September. Looks like a better selection than August with some FFVIII and 1-3 but do we really need more from FFXII?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.