Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 681 to 700 of 828

Ralizah

Geez, Qada is so much more manageable if you just get a white mage up to level 9 and dispel the water of life spell whenever he casts it. That fight quickly went from being a nightmare to being cake.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Maelstrom

Ralizah wrote:

Geez, Qada is so much more manageable if you just get a white mage up to level 9 and dispel the water of life spell whenever he casts it. That fight quickly went from being a nightmare to being cake.

85% of boss battles are made easier with dispel.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

theblackdragon

^ this, this, this. Dispel is also useful if you wind up with things that can't just be Esuna'd away, like Stop. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Maelstrom

theblackdragon wrote:

^ this, this, this. Dispel is also useful if you wind up with things that can't just be Esuna'd away, like Stop. :3

So that's how you get rid of it! I just found out that you can attack your teammate to cancel it, similar to charm

Edited on by Maelstrom

Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

theblackdragon

@Maelstrom: haha, i figured i'd give it a try and, lo and behold, it actually worked. i was sick of getting Stopped in the middle of grinding for pg. my favorite place to grind atm is up in the mountains near the Earth Crystal, the ice giant things work well for me except for that stupid Freezing Blow or Punch or whatever the hell it is that Stops my Merchant dood D:

BEST THREAD EVER

Rapido

My favorite grinding place is the area before you fight Mephilia in Florem. There's a high chance you get to fight 6 flower monsters at the same time which gives a lot of Exp/JP/PG.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

Maelstrom

Rapido wrote:

My favorite grinding place is the area before you fight Mephilia in Florem. There's a high chance you get to fight 6 flower monsters at the same time which gives a lot of Exp/JP/PG.

I did a lot of grinding there in chapter 6 because of the enemies low speed, so I could group cast poison and exterminate all in one hit. Then I got Obliterate and everything changed.......

Rapido

Obliterate. Lol. Anyway, After the last fight with the Duchy's elite troops in Chapter 8. And you fight all the troops again continuously. What are you guys tactics?

SPOILER ALERT:

I always have one thief in party with Rob Blind and now I have 99 Turbo Ethers and Elixers just because I wanted to steal. But its hard considering the different enemy party setups that you need to consider. I even had a monk setup with thievery on my third encounter with them and forgot to put on Master Thief Skill but was still able to steal items from all the bosses.

I am just curios on how other players setup their characters for such a well rounded continuous boss fight.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Maelstrom

Rapido wrote:

Obliterate. Lol. Anyway, After the last fight with the Duchy's elite troops in Chapter 8. And you fight all the troops again continuously. What are you guys tactics?

I just got there, but have been beating every boss easily with my setup.
Tiz knows pierce magic defence and lvl 6 time magic, so he uses hastega and veilaga and spams meteor and various black magic stuff. He also has the conjuror ability that regens 30 MP after each turn and the Head piece thing that reduces all MP consumption by 25%

Agnes is a Lvl 14 salve master with lvl 6 white magic and group cast. I have her spam shell and protect and gave everyone extend support so it lasts for 10 turns instead of 5. Also uses various white magic spells

Ringabell is a maxed out ninja with 100 avoid and vampirism as a second ability. Little attack power and defence, but uses that thingy to avoid any physical attacks.

Edea is a pirate who spams amped strike after using free lunch (4x damage, zero MP cost) Also has head thing that negates all status ailments, so Ringabell will send all attacks to her, while she uses nothing ventured.

Edited on by Maelstrom

theblackdragon

Rapido wrote:

I've been Big Pharma-ing pg to get my inventory and equipment squared away, so i need an enemy that can withstand three or four hits before i heal them — i know the flower monsters you're talking about, and they don't have enough HP for me when I start grinding levels and jobs again, though, i'll head on over and get mah Growth Egg on :3

BEST THREAD EVER

RicoPenguin

theblackdragon wrote:

@Maelstrom: I took the strategy mostly from here, but tweaked it a bit because it didn't really work for me as-is: http://www.theios.net/2014/03/06/ricos-bravely-default-boss-g...

How to Beat Lord DeRosso without taking a single shred of damage

Job levels required on your entire party: Ninja L.4 (Transience, Utsusemi)
Job levels required on at least one of your party, if not more: Red Mage L.4 (Turn Tables)
Job levels that help but are not required: Ninja L.5 and/or 10 (Comeback Kid and/or Kairai), Performer L.9 (One More For You, Buff Up), Templar L.7 (Rampart), Swordmaster L.9 (Counter Amp)

If your party members are not currently Ninjas, they MUST have Ninjutsu as a secondary ability in battle. If you don't have any L.9 Swordmasters in your party, I'd suggest Abilinking your heaviest physical hitter to someone who does have it, because Counter Amp is awesome for this strategy. Change up your jobs to physical hitters (I think I had two ninjas, my Dark Knight at critical HP, and a Templar for this fight) and equip Hermes items to those with lower Speed. You can also use Speed Up abilitles, whatever works best for you. The most important thing is that your party is fast enough to get an Utsusemi off before DeRosso has the chance to attack.

Step 1: Get one of your party members' HP down to critical. The link suggests getting one of them killed and then Phoenix Downing them, but I lucked out and had my Dark Knight manage to get down to like 7 HP during a fight. Having an HP-critical party member prevents DeRosso from using Gravija.
Step 2: Heal all of your other characters to maximum (I am not sure why this helped, but I tested this fight three times and it seemed to work best when everyone else was at full HP)
Step 3: Engage DeRosso. Don't bother Braving or anything, just immediately Utsusemi all your doods. It's all downhill from there.

Since your critical-HP party member is keeping him from casting Gravija, he'll only either use a single or group physical attack. It's sorta random which he does on any given turn, but they'll never hit your party due to Utsusemi negating the damage. Don't Brave, just go one-for-one on this boss so that you can always have an Utsusemi ready.

Whenever he does the single physical attack, Utsusemi will evade it and Transience will kick in, letting you counter and deal damage of your own. My Templar had Transience, Comeback Kid, Counter Amp, and Turn Tables on him, so he was earning BP toward the occasional use of Rampart and also dealing quad-9 counterattack damage, so there were times I'd also bust out with Kairai just so DeRosso would go after him over the others. I had Edea as a Ninja/Performer, so the occasional One More For You also helped to give me wiggle room for the occasional normal attack against DeRosso. I also had Turn Tables on my Dark Knight, who was able to deal 3,000+ damage with Minus Strike thanks to being down to 7 HP. Again, don't Brave, just go move for move with the guy, and while your doods have an active Utsusemi on them, just wail on the guy with your Buffed Up or Comeback Kidded or straight-up Minus Strike physical attacks.

The link says by his calculations it should take about an hour to beat DeRosso, but he was playing on Hard and he didn't tweak his doods the way I did, nor does he mention doing anything other than allowing his party to counterattack for damage. I'd imagine my tweaks would help things go a bit more quickly, lol. Unscathed ftw :3

Glad you were able to improve upon it . I don't recall if I said it exactly but basically that strategy came about because I was fighting him late at night and thought to myself "I wonder if I can beat him while I'm sleeping because I can't bear the thought of waking up to this fight again."

Lovely game. Happy to have helped in any way .

RicoPenguin

Rapido

@Maelstrom

I see what you did there.

Good mage setup for Tiz. My mage setup is Vampire and Bushido (for free lunch) Abilies are Buff Up (I Use for all characters) and Phantom Weapon ability with Rune Blade equipped. You'll find that black magic-ja spells will do 9999 damage on all enemies with that setup, which will not always work during the continuous duchy boss figt as you have Alternis and Qada there which will Spam Minus Strike and Dark Breath and will kill one character in one go (max damage).

So I have 2 pure Single target/max damage characters in line up. Bushido/Piracy and Piracy/Bushido. BOth will do single target max damage which will decimate single enemy I want taken out right away. The difference is, the Pirate char will have a Shield equipped and will have a higher def. the other a two handed Katana user lower defense but has the counter ability (EDEEEAAA)

There really are a lot Healer setup in the game, i.e. Healing Lore, Holy one. But I find most useful setup for this series of fights is the Group Cast all setup. Will heal almost as good as Healing Lore and HOly one users and can spam support abilities when need be and can dispel enemies in one go.

YOu have a very well rounded team, but you will need to tweak it a bit in the duchy fight. But once you beat 'em (2nd round). It'll feel good. Hahah.

@theblackdragon

Then you are "the" Alchemist type then? . Good tactic, unfortunately, I had lost my patience for mixmatching items (pharmacy) when I had my first 20 - 30 combinations created.

Growth egg is the BOMB. I first thought you need four growth eggs each for each of the character. Good thing only one is needed. I had a friend who grinded level and was 99 back in chapter five. wicked.

Edited on by Rapido

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Maelstrom

Rapido wrote:

YOu have a very well rounded team, but you will need to tweak it a bit in the duchy fight. But once you beat 'em (2nd round). It'll feel good. Hahah

Beat them first time. I guess I should put it into hard mode. My other way of max damage was to give edea 2 bloody shield and defence + 30% and 10%. A little bit overkill, but then you just spam super charge with 550+ defence. Also, for the earth temple boss, I equipped both healing lore and holy one on my white mage and did 9999 damage with just a curada

RicoPenguin

Maelstrom wrote:

@Rapido There is an exploit (legal, no glitches) that gives you infinite money in the form of elixirs.......

You can make money much faster and easier by just automating combat against an Earth Golem in the Earth Temple.

One Person hits the Golem and another does Big Pharma to charge it for heals. You will get like 500 money every few seconds. It adds up quite quickly especially if you do it while eating lunch or something.

At high levels you don't even need to heal but if folks are worried they can have a third person use a blessed shield on the party.

RicoPenguin

theblackdragon

Seconding the Big Pharma method of earning pg. Once you get things going and figure out the rhythm for your party, you can just set it to Auto and forget about it, lol. I think I had one battle going on its own for just over an hour while i played me some sudoku on the side, wound up about 500,000 pg richer with zero effort on my part after the initial few turns. it's almost a game to see how long you can keep a battle going at that point before your party accidentally wins, haha :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Rapido

@RicoPenguin. Hey, thanks man, I'll try that one.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

RicoPenguin

theblackdragon wrote:

Seconding the Big Pharma method of earning pg. Once you get things going and figure out the rhythm for your party, you can just set it to Auto and forget about it, lol. I think I had one battle going on its own for just over an hour while i played me some sudoku on the side, wound up about 500,000 pg richer with zero effort on my part after the initial few turns. it's almost a game to see how long you can keep a battle going at that point before your party accidentally wins, haha :3

Yeah I had it run a few times while I was sleeping. If memory serves it was the original inspiration for writing guides about Bravely Default. I started looking for ways to exploit the games mechanics without actually editing it (which isn't as easy these days as it once was).

Pretty cool game. I really need to get around to beating it though. All 99's, Max on all jobs, and I'm just now finishing Chapter 5 >.>...

...<.<...

Same reason I couldn't start another character on Diablo 3: ROS, those Paragon levels are just too appealing. [I might be a level hoarder]

I've attached the guide instructions for anyone that isn't aware of the trick or tries it and has it fail. You should have 100% luck with this, if you DO fail you'll want to buy a lottery ticket because you are critting like a madman.

From: http://www.theios.net/2014/02/20/ricos-bravely-default-money-...

The Checklist

Blessed Shield x 1
Agnes without a weapon & Job changed to a Spellcaster.
One character with Merchant at Job Level 11 [I personally used Tiz, seeing as Ringabel is my Thief].

Next go to the second floor of the Wind Temple (which you’ve likely already found, so I won’t say where it is). Make sure that you have your non-merchant, non-Agnes character hooked up with the Blessed Shield. If you want you can put Blessed Shields on all 4 of your characters, this will help keep things more certain but isn’t necessary. Get into a fight with a Golem (kill any other mobs with him but don’t hit him yet). Once the Golem is alone do the following list in any order.

Have your non-merchant, non-Agnes, non-Blessed Shield character use Default.
Have your Blessed Shield character use their Blessed Shield on the party (This will cast Cura on the party, usually for about 200 life).
Have Agnes physically hit the enemy, make sure she’s equipped with something that does less than 500 damage usually. I find that unarmed is probably best.
Have your merchant use “Big Pharma” on the Golem.

What does this do? One character hits the Golem for between 200 and 500 damage, another heals him for that much and you get exactly that much in money back, a third heals the party for 200 damage (you are only taking between 1 and 50 by this point), and the last is just blocking.

This means that every turn you earn about 250 pg. Press Y and let your party keep doing this on repeat, crank up the speed to >>>>, and now you’ve got yourself a money making monstrosity! Leave the game running overnight and you should come back to roughly 1 million PG (almost on the spot, its rather consistent). Assuming that you kept Agnes unarmed you shouldn’t hit the Golem for more than 500 on anything but crits, this is good because you want to keep him healing from Big Pharma fast enough to not die while you are asleep.

Upon reading that I realize that I'm oddly bubbly when I write about games. hardens heart Need to be a bitter old man! Contain it, Rico, contain it!

Edited on by RicoPenguin

RicoPenguin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic