Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 701 to 720 of 828

Rapido

@maelstrom yep good setup. Though you will need 2 BPs with one supercharge. But the overall defense will make up for it. The Earth Temple boss will die in one turn with just one Elixir using Bravely Second and will deal 110,000 thousand damage.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

Maelstrom

Rapido wrote:

@maelstrom yep good setup. Though you will need 2 BPs with one supercharge. But the overall defense will make up for it. The Earth Temple boss will die in one turn with just one Elixir using Bravely Second and will deal 110,000 thousand damage.

If you use mimic, it only takes 1 BP for each additional charge

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Maelstrom

Alright, I got stuck. Anyone have strategies for defeating the group of 4 on floor 49 in chapter 8? Quada keeps making everyone fire-weak and mephilia and Ominas spam fire attacks in the same turn, wiping out my level 99 party (with the exception of edea)

Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Rapido

@maelstrom I Do, i've defeated them all, including on the 2nd round where you will have to fight them all again, non-stop w/o rest. My Strategy, which is the same I use to defeat them all in series of battles is below.

-1 Pirate/Bushido with buff up, two handed, PATK +20% abilities, Hyper Bracers equipped. and the Axe that increases agi that you can buy in norende village. Prefrerably Brave Suit equipped for that extra BP early on.
-1 Swordmaster/pirate combo the same abilities as above or the same setup as above. I just like to mixmatch things. Hermes Shoes equipped with Mutsu no Kami.
-1 character with any of the above or your personal setup that can do 9999 damage on the first turn using brave 4 times. My setup here is a monk with thief ability (master thief) because I like to steal stuff from bosses and can still do almost 9999 damage using qigong wave with Natural Talent setup and no equipped. That is if you would like to take the risk.
-last character is your typical healer setup. Preferably, a Spritism/White Mage combo (higher stat than base White Mage) with Holy one with Group Cast All Abilities (essential)

The goal of the setup is to kill mephilia the First Turn. to avoid being wiped out early and then build to strengthen the team to finish the other. First Turn: brave 4 times on the 3 attack characters, Free Lunch>Amped Strike combo. This will do about 89991 damage and will kill mephilia (she has 85,000) HP. The healer will cast reflect on all the characters (because of group cast all, it will only take one cast of reflect for all characters). This will negate ominas's Firaga and in turn will render Qada's Fire Bane Useless.

Now what you need to do to Win: Make sure to cast DISPEL each time sage yulyana casts reflect on the entire enemy party. If you don't, They will cast firaga on themselves and that'll reflect the damage to one of your character (even with reflect status) and do 9999 damage (insta kill for those whose HP is not over 9999). Kill Qada Last: Remember Qada has that annoying dark breath skill, casting damage the same as his missing HP (9999), so HEAL Qada everytime he suffers damage. You can have your main healer heal him, or your other atk characters using items (Yes, even using an Elixer if need be). Kill Ominas first: After the other characters recover from braving and killing Mephilia the First Turn, just do the same Free Lunch>Amped strike combo, he has about 90K HP I think, so no sweat. Just remember to cast Reflect on Party and dispel on the enemy party to avoid being killed by reflected Firaga up until you defeact Ominas. Next, Kill sage Yulyana. (you know the Drill). Once the other 3 are out, Qada is no longer a threat, His main damage will be Poison Potion (?) and dark Breatk. Just make sure Default to max and Strike hard in one go to lessen the possible turns Qada can cast dark breath.

NOTE: You can further tweak the about setup, in the end, how you deal damage is up to you. You can probably change the Monk/Thief setup to Monk/Performer (Natural Talent Setup) to have that "one more for you" skill that you can cast on the healer for extra BP and can still do almost 9999 damage by using qigong wave. Let me know if you're having troubles understanding the above strategy and I'll be glad to help out fellow JRPG gamers (i'm not good at explaining).

Anyway i've just finished the game and i Have some questions regarding the ending. I'll post on another day.

Edited on by Rapido

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Maelstrom

@Rapido Actually, I was able to beat them with zero damage. If you make your healer a ninja and assign spiritism as a secondary ability, every other character can spam dark nebula for an easy 9999 damage on all the bosses at once.

Rapido

@maelstrom that's another way. . I just like stealing from bosses, and can't seem to kill them w/o their getting their stuff first. 4 Vampire's with MATK+20 and phantom weapon ability and hermes shoes/soul of thamasa and rune blade equipped can finish the team in one turn.

Btw, have you finish the 2nd round yet?

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

theblackdragon

@RicoPenguin: haha, i had no idea you were around on the forums. i was seriously about to give the hell up on that fight until i stumbled across your strategy, and then it was all 'there's no way it can be that easy', and then i started thinking up ways to make it work even better. thanks for doing the ground work, and you're welcome to add my tweaks to your guide if you like. anything that helps other players get through that battle, y'know? lol~

anyway, my party just dinged level 99 tonight and i'm finishing up the last few jobs i wanted on them — maybe later I'll go back and grind up all the rest of their jobs, but i'm tired of running circles out in the Florem area and would like to get back to the story, lol. here's hoping i'll have done enough to get through these last couple chapters already :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

RicoPenguin

theblackdragon wrote:

@RicoPenguin: haha, i had no idea you were around on the forums. i was seriously about to give the hell up on that fight until i stumbled across your strategy, and then it was all 'there's no way it can be that easy', and then i started thinking up ways to make it work even better. thanks for doing the ground work, and you're welcome to add my tweaks to your guide if you like. anything that helps other players get through that battle, y'know? lol~

anyway, my party just dinged level 99 tonight and i'm finishing up the last few jobs i wanted on them — maybe later I'll go back and grind up all the rest of their jobs, but i'm tired of running circles out in the Florem area and would like to get back to the story, lol. here's hoping i'll have done enough to get through these last couple chapters already :3

Yeah I ended up grinding the jobs while I was doing other stuff (like playing wow). If you noticed there are areas in the game where your character "jumps" when it walks into it. Basically you clip and bounce back a few pixels.

So what I did was used a penny to make my guy run into that spot repeatedly. Then I had an automated attack to finish each fight while also using Self-Heal and Self-Restore I think they are called (Full HP and No Status Ailments stay after combat).

After that while playing WoW or whatever I just press A every once in a while to end the end combat screen.

My derpy strategies have been fairly popular. So I'm glad folks are finding them helpful in some way or another. Even if its just the foundation for building something even better .

RicoPenguin

Maelstrom

List of Vampire abilities after chapter 5. (copied from gamefaqs forum)
Curse (12mp) > Magician/ Wraith/ghost/specter (small beach area SE of NW continent/ desert in SE continent at night)
Spray (5mp) > Deathfish (Dimension's hasp - B3)
Venom (6mp) > Red flan (Dimension's hasp - B8 / before fire temple pre-chapter 5)
Wing Scales (8mp) > Great Moth (Dimension's hasp - B6)
Firestorm (24mp) > Flame Moth (Underflow - 1F West & Fire Temple)
Tornado (16mp) > Rukh (Miasma Woods - South / Florem Gardens - Central)
Blizzard Blast (16mp) > Ice Golem (In and around Eternia Council Headquarters)
Dual Attack (15mp) > Catamount (Dimension's hasp - B6 / Witherwood pre-chapter 5)
Chomp (10mp) > Valtora (Long island north of the world map)
Blaster (20mp) > Zwart (Twilight Ruins)
Paralyzing Pollen (12mp) > Alrune (Dimension's hasp - B6 / Floren Gardens - South & Central pre-chapter 5)
Fireball (16mp) > D'gon (Dimension's hasp - B7 / Witherwood pre-chapter 5) / Crowe's pet dragon in chapter 6
Bone Crush (2 BP) > Skull Lancer (SW continent world map & starkfort) Lester (Vampire Castle Boss)
Withering Silence (8mp) > Kobold (World map around Caldisla - Center of world map)
Earthquake (30mp) > Soil Eater (Dimension's hasp - B5)
Sandstorm (20mp) > Sandworm (Dimension's hasp - B2)
Gastic Juices (20mp) > Gastric Worm (Dimension's hasp - B8 / Everlast Tower pre-chapter 5)
Rock Storm (16mp) > Megascolides (Everlast tower)
Toxic Whirl (12mp) > Kaiser Cobra (Temple of Earth)
White Wind (60mp) > Aero Lantern (Dimension's hasp - B7)
Lullaby (12mp) > Treant / Hamadryad (Miasma Woods - South)
Hellfire (30mp) > Cerberus (Vampire Castle) / Orthros (Wind Temple Boss)
Deep Freeze (30mp) > Orthros (Wind Temple Boss)
Aqua Regia (24mp) > Rusalka (Water Temple Boss)
Energy Burst (1 BP) > Chaugnar (Fire Temple Boss) / Lester (Vampire Castle Boss)
Thundaja (99mp) > Lv 70 nemesis, Asmodeus (Norende Village)
Blizzaja (99) > Lv 25 nemesis, Mammon (Norende Village)
Also, (correct me if I'm wrong)
Aeroja (99) — Lucifer (Nemesis)
and I think Beelzebub has Firaja (also 99 MP)

Rapido

Firaja/Blizzaja/Thundaja can be obtained all from Belphegor (Nemeses) . Aeroja from the Bird nemeses guy with sword. I wonder if you can get Flare from the FInal Boss' henchman. Haven't equipped Genome Drain when I fought him.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Maelstrom

Rapido wrote:

Firaja/Blizzaja/Thundaja can be obtained all from Belphegor (Nemeses) . Aeroja from the Bird nemeses guy with sword. I wonder if you can get Flare from the FInal Boss' henchman. Haven't equipped Genome Drain when I fought him.

Doubt it. But I probably will have a vampire for that battle, so I'll let you know. Right now, I'm working through the sealed realm/dimensions hasp. I have all but 2 genome abilities, so I'm going to finish that up now.
EDIT: And the Bird nemesis guy is named Lucifer, in case you were wondering.

Edited on by Maelstrom

Rapido

RIght. I didn't have the chance to fight mammon, So I wonder if his strong. I was able to beat all other lv. 99 nemesis.Can someone send me one? , and please add me as a friend for that matter. Friend code on my Sig.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

theblackdragon

so i destroyed a crystal last night and nearly had a heart attack because my game is set to auto-save and i walked out onto the map before shutting it off because i didn't want to continue before i'd beaten the game and seen the 'real' ending... i thought i was stuck and would have to go through this all over again D: thank goodness for being able to restart before having broken the crystal, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Maelstrom

Rapido wrote:

RIght. I didn't have the chance to fight mammon, So I wonder if his strong. I was able to beat all other lv. 99 nemesis.Can someone send me one? , and please add me as a friend for that matter. Friend code on my Sig.

Mammon is the level 25 one. Not much challenge there.
I finally beat the true ending. The finale was great, but surprisingly easy. I beat it on the first try. Pumped for Bravely Second!

theblackdragon

i finally beat the true ending this afternoon. man, that made all the crazy backtracking worth it! Bravely Second looks awesome, that AR movie has me super excited for what's coming next

(poor Tiz though, wtf not fair... but at least he'll be there in the sequel? even though Ringy was my favorite, i want him to come along too ;_____;)

BEST THREAD EVER

Maelstrom

trailer/ending spoiler

Why was Tiz the one in there? I thought it described it in D's journal, which would make it ringabell, not Tiz. And why does Airy have a sister?

bash1505

Rapido wrote:

I have 1, do u want it

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing & Bravely Default
My Dream Address: 5000-3774-6993
Played: Pokemon Y, Fire Emblem, Zelda Link Between Worlds, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Donkey Kong Returns.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7231-8766

Maelstrom

Help! I ended up with a Ba'al turtle dove that I think is a different version than the norman normal, but I can't tell because it's name is in japanese. It has 999999 health and 9999 physical and magical defence. Any strategy tips?

Edited on by Maelstrom

Ralizah

Ugh. Got to Chaugmar. He kept killing all my guys every time he used Energy Blast, so I had to nuke the guy in one turn before he used that move. It's very possible if you max out everyone's speed before the shield drops and then go bananas on him the next turn. Took some experimenting to get the timing right, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

bash1505

Help!!! how do i beat Qada the Salve Maker

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing & Bravely Default
My Dream Address: 5000-3774-6993
Played: Pokemon Y, Fire Emblem, Zelda Link Between Worlds, Luigi's Mansion, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Donkey Kong Returns.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7231-8766

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic