Forums

Topic: Bravely Default: The Flying Fairy

Posts 661 to 680 of 828

Maelstrom

Rapido wrote:

Do we have like a Nemeses section here? I need some more to beat, Nemeses's like "Be mine, White Fox".

What? Anyway, I have seen 2 types of Ba'al, goldie, and something else, Mammon, lucifer, satan, leviathan, a snake headed thing I don't know the name of, and a octupus legged thing that I think is beelzebub.

Edited on by Maelstrom

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Magikarp3

Maelstrom wrote:

Just got a Beelzebub [+]. Anyone know what that means?

There are several versions of Beelzebub, one of them is level 10 and another is 99. I think you just got the stronger version of it

While we're on the topic of Nemeses, I thought their level was your party's recommended level. So I went at Mammon with a party of level 23-25 and got completely destroyed. It sucks your BP! How is that even?

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Maelstrom

Jollykarp wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

Just got a Beelzebub [+]. Anyone know what that means?

There are several versions of Beelzebub, one of them is level 10 and another is 99. I think you just got the stronger version of it

While we're on the topic of Nemeses, I thought their level was your party's recommended level. So I went at Mammon with a party of level 23-25 and got completely destroyed. It sucks your BP! How is that even?

The thing is, I also have a normal lvl 99 Beelzebub. But, anyway, you should be a bit overleveled when battling a nemesis. You will need to try multiple times, and figure out a good strategy. The mammon battle gets much easier when you learn dispel, but you can't get that until chapter 3. Just make sure no one has damage dispersion equipped. Focus on magic defence, not physical defence. And, lastly, use any kind of water dampener like abate water.

Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

theblackdragon

oh mannnnn i haven't been paying attention to this thread because i've been desperately avoiding spoilers, but i was having trouble with that DeRosso fight (for the Vampire asterisk) and i had to look up a strategy, and boy oh boy did i ever find a foolproof one. i did wind up tweaking it a bit, but damned if it didn't work out amazingly~ anyone need help with that fight? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Maelstrom

theblackdragon wrote:

oh mannnnn i haven't been paying attention to this thread because i've been desperately avoiding spoilers, but i was having trouble with that DeRosso fight (for the Vampire asterisk) and i had to look up a strategy, and boy oh boy did i ever find a foolproof one. i did wind up tweaking it a bit, but damned if it didn't work out amazingly~ anyone need help with that fight? :3

What did you do? I just decided to exp and job grind for a bit until I reached the correct level. The thing is, I didn't figure out how to battle the dragons until chapter 6.

MasterWario

Very nice! I liked that he included an "awesome" tab.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Maelstrom

I'm disappointed. It took me way too long to do the "thing" and I was way too overleveled when I did the (fake?) ending. I wiped out the boss with zero deaths and in under 10 minutes per stage. I had a dual wield swordmaster with sword magic, hyper bracelets, and 2 night emperors. My mage had peirce M defence, and Edea as a knight with two bloody shields and defence 40 % up and spammed super charge with mimic. The boss could do no more than 1 damage on her.

Edited on by Maelstrom

Rapido

You guys still getting nemeses that when you fight them, you get to fight asterisk holder's level 99? My friend was able to fight others than "Be Mine White Fox" (holly whyte and Barras Lehr).Need more challenge, so might play the game again on hard mode. Free Lunch>Black Magic-ja/Amped Strike combo is wicked.

Please add me. Friend code on my signature.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

theblackdragon

@Maelstrom: I took the strategy mostly from here, but tweaked it a bit because it didn't really work for me as-is: http://www.theios.net/2014/03/06/ricos-bravely-default-boss-g...

How to Beat Lord DeRosso without taking a single shred of damage

Job levels required on your entire party: Ninja L.4 (Transience, Utsusemi)
Job levels required on at least one of your party, if not more: Red Mage L.4 (Turn Tables)
Job levels that help but are not required: Ninja L.5 and/or 10 (Comeback Kid and/or Kairai), Performer L.9 (One More For You, Buff Up), Templar L.7 (Rampart), Swordmaster L.9 (Counter Amp)

If your party members are not currently Ninjas, they MUST have Ninjutsu as a secondary ability in battle. If you don't have any L.9 Swordmasters in your party, I'd suggest Abilinking your heaviest physical hitter to someone who does have it, because Counter Amp is awesome for this strategy. Change up your jobs to physical hitters (I think I had two ninjas, my Dark Knight at critical HP, and a Templar for this fight) and equip Hermes items to those with lower Speed. You can also use Speed Up abilitles, whatever works best for you. The most important thing is that your party is fast enough to get an Utsusemi off before DeRosso has the chance to attack.

Step 1: Get one of your party members' HP down to critical. The link suggests getting one of them killed and then Phoenix Downing them, but I lucked out and had my Dark Knight manage to get down to like 7 HP during a fight. Having an HP-critical party member prevents DeRosso from using Gravija.
Step 2: Heal all of your other characters to maximum (I am not sure why this helped, but I tested this fight three times and it seemed to work best when everyone else was at full HP)
Step 3: Engage DeRosso. Don't bother Braving or anything, just immediately Utsusemi all your doods. It's all downhill from there.

Since your critical-HP party member is keeping him from casting Gravija, he'll only either use a single or group physical attack. It's sorta random which he does on any given turn, but they'll never hit your party due to Utsusemi negating the damage. Don't Brave, just go one-for-one on this boss so that you can always have an Utsusemi ready.

Whenever he does the single physical attack, Utsusemi will evade it and Transience will kick in, letting you counter and deal damage of your own. My Templar had Transience, Comeback Kid, Counter Amp, and Turn Tables on him, so he was earning BP toward the occasional use of Rampart and also dealing quad-9 counterattack damage, so there were times I'd also bust out with Kairai just so DeRosso would go after him over the others. I had Edea as a Ninja/Performer, so the occasional One More For You also helped to give me wiggle room for the occasional normal attack against DeRosso. I also had Turn Tables on my Dark Knight, who was able to deal 3,000+ damage with Minus Strike thanks to being down to 7 HP. Again, don't Brave, just go move for move with the guy, and while your doods have an active Utsusemi on them, just wail on the guy with your Buffed Up or Comeback Kidded or straight-up Minus Strike physical attacks.

The link says by his calculations it should take about an hour to beat DeRosso, but he was playing on Hard and he didn't tweak his doods the way I did, nor does he mention doing anything other than allowing his party to counterattack for damage. I'd imagine my tweaks would help things go a bit more quickly, lol. Unscathed ftw :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

cozygurl

I want this game I think this will be my next buy sorry I just got my 3ds so only have one game right now but this will be my number two I did have a dsi before and 30+ games years ago but they got stolen so now making a list of all the games I want I cant wait to have this one

cozygurl

3DS Friend Code: 0533-6117-8689

Rapido

@Maelstrom you are a Grinder good sir. I was at level 99 starting chapter 6. I got excited defeating those lv. 99 nemeses.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Rapido

@maelstrom almost everyone I know in my place who plays BD are grinders. LOL. I am now grinding money using golden egg.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Rapido

Is that the Merchant skill where you will have the enemy buy an item from you?

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic