Forums

Topic: 3DS 2016 Lineup Leak

Posts 61 to 80 of 83

MrGawain

If Pokemon Sun and Moon are coming for the holidays (which Ninty confirmed), I find it very unlikely a portable NX would go up against them- unless the games were on both platforms.

Personally I think Nintendo were rushed into announcing Pokemon S&M (no, not that sort of S&M) before the end of the Financial year after the 3DS has stuttered to a crawl in 2015.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

WebHead

@MrGawain: yeah if this whole list is accurate I have doubts about a new handheld this year. Again if they're gonna do the shared ecosystem thing 2017 would allow the handheld to get cheaper and/or better hardware, especially assuming if they want the next portable to launch at $200.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

Zelda coming holiday 2016 to the Wii U -> proof that NX is a home console.
Pokémon coming holiday 2016 to the 3DS -> proof that NX is a home console.

Octane

MrGawain

@Octane: For all we know LoZU could be a June or September release on the Wii U.

WebHead

@MrGawain: it's their big Wii u game of the year. It's not coming out in June.

WebHead

Octane

@MrGawain: If that were the case they would've said Summer 2016, or Fall 2016. The fact that we've only got a ''2016'' window means they're waiting till the very end of the year. Besides, it's their big Wii U game of this year, they always have something for the holidays.

Octane

MrGawain

@Octane:

What if the NX version was the big game for Christmas, and the U version was released earlier?

Octane

@MrGawain: Then your speculation is based on a lot of if's. Anytime sooner than holiday 2016 and we would've had a reason to think that by now.

Octane

Shinion

@Octane: well you're the one using one of the broadest interpretations of the word 'proof' I've ever seen, so it's a bit hypocritical for you to judge someone else's judgement just because of the old 'if, buts and maybes'.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

I think we can all agree that if SMD's leaks are 100% correct then the NX will sell even worse than Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shaneoh

MrGawain wrote:

If Pokemon Sun and Moon are coming for the holidays (which Ninty confirmed), I find it very unlikely a portable NX would go up against them- unless the games were on both platforms.

Depends on if the NX is backwards compatible, don't forget that B2&W2 came out after the 3DS launched.

Edit: Whoops, said this a page ago

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think we can all agree that if SMD's leaks are 100% correct then the NX will sell even worse than Wii U.

Oh yeah! Definitely! Taking into account stuff like burning Wii U owners by giving the system the axe and the fact that it doesn't leave third-parties much time to develop for the system (unless they've gotten their dev kits in late 2014/early 2015, which I am doubting), I'm not all that confident that this would end well.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

iKhan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I wouldn't make that bold a prediction. The NX could be the greatest thing since sliced bread and sell 100 million units. I think we need to see more.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano: so you'd rather have virtually nothing come out on 3ds and wii u to play in 2017 , like the end of life droughts on past systems?

WebHead

Grumblevolcano

@WebHead: The first year of new systems hasn't been much better than that since the 90s. The GC lineup was weak until late 2002, the Wii lineup was weak until late 2007, the Wii U lineup was weak until late 2013, etc. I can't say about the N64 but from what I gather the launch year for SNES was great.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

I don't see there being any ideal time for the NX to launch. Launch too soon and there may not be any, or enough third party support to hype sales. Release too late and we are heading towards PS5 and what ever the next Xbox name is territory.

But then again, if rumours are to be believed, Bandai Namco and Square Enix at the very least appear to have multiple titles in development for the NX.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GrailUK

@FragRed: Why doesn't Sony or Microsoft have this problem of never feeling the time is right to launch a console? After PS5 we will be heading towards PS6. After NX we will be heading towards whatever they decide to call the whatever is after NX (erm...damn Nintendo's naming policies lol!) I would worry less about when and more about what. If all Nintendo offer is a souped up PS4, then ye, you are quite right to feel like it will be trumped. If the NX manages to capture the imagination of the mainstream like the Wii did, then why on earth would you wait!?! Ninitendo is more than capable of releasing products that succeed or fail on their own merits...not simply because of timing!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

GrailUK wrote:

@FragRed: Why doesn't Sony or Microsoft have this problem of never feeling the time is right to launch a console? After PS5 we will be heading towards PS6. After NX we will be heading towards whatever they decide to call the whatever is after NX (erm...damn Nintendo's naming policies lol!) I would worry less about when and more about what. If all Nintendo offer is a souped up PS4, then ye, you are quite right to feel like it will be trumped. If the NX manages to capture the imagination of the mainstream like the Wii did, then why on earth would you wait!?! Ninitendo is more than capable of releasing products that succeed or fail on their own merits...not simply because of timing!

Not knowing what the NX is, assuming that everyone's thoughts are correct and it is a hybrid, and assuming that the home console portion of the NX is at least on par with the PS4 power wise which would make sense for Nintendo to have any chance of getting third party support, then timing does make a big difference.

The Wii U came out too near the end of the last generation and didn't offer anything significant in terms of power. Developers aren't going to bother downgrading games to a system that may soon be trumped by more powerful hardware like that happened with the Wii U. And this generation is likely only going to be short compared to the last one so that means Nintendo has a smaller timeframe to launch their next system what ever that maybe.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

shaneoh

Got an interesting twitter post, dated July 11th 2015.

https://twitter.com/ChironVGC/status/619851121113239552

I'm no expert on twitter, so I've no idea if it is possible to manipulate the time stamp, but it was the Koreans who leaked mega Slowbro/Audino.

So... make of that what you will.

Edit: hey, NL does nifty things with twitter links.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.