Forums

Topic: 1st Quarter 2014 had the weakest % increase in 3DS sales

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

iKhan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_sales

I don't mean to talk all doom and gloom about a system I love, but I keep hearing people declare "3DS is doing fine, Nintendo needs to put more games on Wii U". Based on Nintendo's sales figures (laid out nicely in the Wiki article), this year's 1st quarter had the weakest percentage increase in 3DS sales in the system's history. Likely due to a lack of games. I think this shows clearly that Nintendo needs to keep support for 3DS high if they are going to keep it successful.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

faint

i think it's becuse they already released most of their heavy hitters. the only things left besides new or forgoton franchises is metriod and smash. i think it'll be a good year tho with smash, tamodachi, one piece, persona q, and the unanounced stuff on the way. cheer up buck'o.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

19Robb92

Yeah. Nintendo does seem to have some heavy hitters in mind though. Smash Bros. 4, new Pokemon remakes releasing at the end of the year, Majoras Mask 3D should also be in production & they seem to have some neat 3DS games to show at E3 considering they'll have a 90min show for something.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

psxsage

iKhan wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_sales

I don't mean to talk all doom and gloom about a system I love, but I keep hearing people declare "3DS is doing fine, Nintendo needs to put more games on Wii U". Based on Nintendo's sales figures (laid out nicely in the Wiki article), this year's 1st quarter had the weakest percentage increase in 3DS sales in the system's history. Likely due to a lack of games. I think this shows clearly that Nintendo needs to keep support for 3DS high if they are going to keep it successful.

I think you need to keep those numbers in contrast the "weakest increase for 3DS sales" would be numbers Sony would literally murder for to get those numbers for the Vita. Every console and handheld has periods of time where they sell more than normal and less than normal. In addition throughout the course of the 3DS's life i would not expect it to ever match DS numbers with the market having changed as it has with Tablets/Phones etc taking up a huge market space of casual gaming now (which is Nintendos biggest Demographic) In short don't worry considering the current market for handhelds the 3DS is doing way way better than i think Nintendo or anyone else had hoped it would after it's extremely shaky launch.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g (My channel Liquidevil Gaming) You have to copy paste the link for some odd reason.
Cosmo black 3DSXL Friend code = 2681-1121-3963
Playstation 3,4 PSN Name = Psxsage
Galaxy Note 3,Galaxy Tab ...

DualWielding

Nintendo is making a big mistake in being lazy with the 3DS and concentrating on the Wii U, the 3DS is where the money is but the lineup for this year have been dissapointed compared to last year (granted 2013 3DS was one of the best years for any console ever, but still there is no excuse for 2014 to be as bad as its been, Yoshi Island was pathetic, Kirby Triple Deluxe is well, Kirby, is o.k but its third tier when it comes to Nintendo's platformers, and AA v. PL is still MIA in NA

PSN: Fertheseeker

psxsage

I think you should read Nintendo's latest financial report where iwata himself says this is going to be a year to "harvest" the 3ds install base to make "Nintendo like profits" no where was it stated within this meeting they were going to focus on the wii u quite the contrary they are banking on the 3ds to make their profits.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g (My channel Liquidevil Gaming) You have to copy paste the link for some odd reason.
Cosmo black 3DSXL Friend code = 2681-1121-3963
Playstation 3,4 PSN Name = Psxsage
Galaxy Note 3,Galaxy Tab ...

6ch6ris6

"this year's 1st quarter had the weakest percentage increase in 3DS sales in the system's history."

what does this even mean and why is it interesting???

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

unrandomsam

They don't need to sell more 3DS's they need to sell more games.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Action51

I'm excited for Mario Kart 8 and Smash!...anyone else?

Action51

Dezzy

Yeah, no good games. Simple as that. I haven't been remotely tempted by a physical release since Bravely Default. I considered Yoshis Island but wisely waited for the critics to weigh in. Smash Bros is gonna be an easy buy for most 3DS owners though.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

6ch6ris6

Dezzy wrote:

Yeah, no good games. Simple as that. I haven't been remotely tempted by a physical release since Bravely Default. I considered Yoshis Island but wisely waited for the critics to weigh in. Smash Bros is gonna be an easy buy for most 3DS owners though.

i havent been interested in a retail release since animal crossing!! and the only game i look forward too is monster hunter 4. i hope there will be some cool e-shop games that fill this hole for me

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

WebHead

Meh it'll be fine. 2013 was a fantastic year of 3DS software. Plus, Nintendo seems to have a big 3ds title to reveal at e3.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.