If you've got your hands on a copy of the excellent Splatoon 3, you might be aware that there's a whole host of previously released amiibo that are compatible with the game. This includes the original amiibo released with the Wii U original Splatoon, as well as the shinier, newer amiibo released alongside Splatoon 2.
There are also some Splatoon 3-specific amiibo due to release at a later date, but until that happens you can still unlock a whole host of tasty gear with the older models, and they look rather snazzy to boot!
Note. Many of these unlocks apply to Splatoon 2, too.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.
Splatoon 3 amiibo Compatibility And Unlock Guide - Full List
Below you'll find a full list of every amiibo compatible with Splatoon 3 along with the rewards you unlock for scanning them.
We'll begin with the most recently released amiibo and work backwards. We'll update this guide with the yet-to-be-released amiibo (above) when they are, indeed, released.
Pearl and Marina 'Off The Hook' amiibo - Splatoon 2
The Pearl amiibo will bag you:
- Pearlescent Kicks (Special Charge Up)
- Pearlescent Hoodie (Respawn Punisher)
- Pearlescent Crown S (Sub Resistance Up)
- Pearlescent Crown L (Sub Resistance Up)
The Marina amiibo will give you:
- Marinated Slip-Ons (Ink Recovery Up)
- Marinated Top (Special Power Up)
- Marinated Headphones (Special Saver)
Octoling Girl amiibo - Splatoon 2
Scanning the Splatoon 2 Octoling Girl amiibo will give you:
- Enchanted Boots (Run Speed Up)
- Enchanted Robe A (Thermal Ink)
- Enchanted Robe B (Thermal Ink)
- Enchanted Hat (Ink Saver (Main))
Octoling Boy amiibo - Splatoon 2
Scanning the Splatoon 2 Octoling Boy amiibo will give you:
- Steel Greaves (Object Shredder)
- Steel Platemail (Ink Saver (Sub))
- Steel Helm (Special Charge Up)
Octoling Octopus amiibo - Splatoon 2
Scanning the Splatoon 2 Octoling Octopus amiibo will give you:
- Fresh Fish Feet (Quick Respawn)
- Fresh Fish Gloves (Quick Super Jump)
- Fresh Fish Head (Comeback)
Inkling Girl amiibo - Splatoon 2 (Neon Pink)
Scanning the Splatoon 2 Inkling Girl amiibo will grant you:
- Baggy-Sock Fringe Loafers (Sub Resistance Up)
- Base Fringe Loafers (Sub Resistance Up)
- School Cardigan A (Ink Recovery Up)
- School Cardigan B (Ink Recovery Up)
- Squid Clip-Ons (Opening Gambit)
Inkling Boy amiibo - Splatoon 2 (Lime Green)
Scanning the Splatoon 2 Inkling Boy amiibo will grant you the following items:
- Squinja Shoes (Swim Speed Up)
- Squinja Suit (Special Saver)
- Squinja Mask Mk I (Quick Respawn)
- Squinja Mask Mk II (Quick Respawn)
Inkling Squid amiibo - Splatoon 2 (Purple)
Scanning the Splatoon 2 Inkling Squid amiibo will give you:
- Power Boots Mk I (Sub Resistance Up)
- Power Armor Mk I (Ink Resistance Up)
- Power Mask Mk I (Ink Resistance Up)
Scanning Callie will net you the following:
- Hero Runner Replicas (Quick Super Jump)
- Hero Jacket Replica (Swim Speed Up)
- Hero Headset Replica (Run Speed Up)
Scan Marie in and you'll get:
- Armor Boot Replicas (Tenacity)
- Armor Jacket Replica (Special Charge Up)
- Armor Helmet Replica (Ink Saver (Main))
Inkling Girl amiibo - original Splatoon (Orange / Green)
Scanning the Inkling Girl amiibo from the original Splatoon will grant you:
- School Shoes + Hi Socks (Ink Saver (Sub))
- Base School Shoes (Ink Saver (Sub))
- School Uniform A (Ink Recovery Up)
- School Uniform B (Ink Recovery Up)
- Squid Hairclip (Swim Speed Up)
Inkling Boy amiibo - original Splatoon (Blue / Purple)
Scanning the Inkling Boy amiibo from the original Splatoon grants you:
- Samurai Shoes (Special Power Up)
- Samurai Jacket (Special Charge Up)
- Samurai Helmet (Quick Super Jump)
Inkling Squid amiibo - original Splatoon (Green / Orange)
Finally scanning the Inkling Squid amiibo from the original Splatoon will give you:
- Power Boots (Ink Saver (Main))
- Power Armor (Quick Respawn)
- Power Mask (Sub Resistance Up)
How to scan amiibo
Just head over to the amiibo stand in Splatsville (almost directly behind where you spawn upon starting the game) and follow the on-screen instructions to scan your amiibo proper.
You may need to scan each amiibo multiple times (playing online battles in between said scans) in order to unlock every piece of gear an amiibo offers. It isn't much of a burden, but something to keep in mind.
It should be noted that none of the above bonus items are necessary to enjoy the game to its fullest, but they're fun perks and fashion accessories to enjoy if you happen to own any of the amiibo.
We'll update this guide once Splatoon 3 has its own trifecta of amiibo released to the public.
For more on Splatoon 3, check out our Tips, Tricks, And Hints guide packed full of fresh advice on how to splat with the best of them. We also have a Weapon List With The Best Pick For Every Weapon Type, All Sunken Scroll Locations, a Full List Of Splatoon 3 amiibo Unlocks And Rewards, and Every New And Returning Turf War Stage in the game, plus info on How To Unlock Alterna Logs and How To Transfer Your Splatoon 2 Save Data, if that's causing you trouble.
Elsewhere, find out Where To Buy The Splatoon 3 Nintendo Switch OLED Model Console And Pro Controller, and if you haven't picked up the game itself, you can check out our review along with the best deals and find out Where To Buy Splatoon 3 On Nintendo Switch.