Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,901 to 11,920 of 12,161

ThanosReXXX

@Magonigal I was an early adopter of MudRunner's prequel, SpinTires on PC. I still play it every now and then. There's just something SO satisfying about trying to plow through mud and rough terrain with big rigs and monster trucks. I guess in that respect, men will always be boys at heart...

@Dezzy Yeah, I saw that, but I've never been an early adopter of consoles, and I'm not about to become one either, so I'll wait it out for quite a while, at least for another year. Don't even have the cash for it right now either. Life comes before hobby, unfortunately.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

Neither am I normally! The last time I bought a console on launch was the PS2. I bought the Series S on launch because selling my One S and all of my physical games more than covered the cost of it! So it seemed like a pretty good proposition.

No way on earth would I buy the Series X or PS5 at launch though. I'd just wait like 2 years and get a used version for nearly half the price.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

I think my One S still has a good amount of years before I replace it.

Perhaps by the time I do, the Series S (or whatever they call the "lite" version by then), will go for the same amount I paid for the One S.

I honestly had great timing with my One S, because the next year they released the One SAD and started trying to sell that instead...

As for the sales, I haven't seen anything that catches my attention yet. Hm. I kind of already have the games I wanted.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Little question.
How to tell the region of Xbox Classic machine (OG Xbox, the way Indonesian now call the OG xbox machine as Xbox Classic to differ with other Xbox machines) and Xbox 360 machine by looking at the outside ?
What text written on it if the machine USA version ?

Also, looks like i have a chance to get Original Xbox 360 E (unmodded) from local online shop as i spotted there was one seller still have that thing.

Just matter of time , adequate budget and right timing to purchase an Xbox 360 E (right now is not the right time to purchase as i don't have spare space to put the machine).
If i get Xbox 360, well... It will be Kinect games and Dance Dance Revolution all the way.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy My thoughts exactly, except for the second hand hardware: that's a big no no for me.

@Eel So, well over 700 discounted titles in total and not a SINGLE one has piqued your interest? Really?

Could of course also be a case of you not being familiar with these titles, in which case we might be able to give you some recommendations, if you like?

@Anti-Matter Good question. I'm not sure, but normally, I'd say that there's a label/sticker on the underside of the console, that mentions the model and region. I'll get back to you later with amore conclusive answer, because right now, I'm at work.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

I don't buy second hand hardware from just random ebayers or anything. I only buy it from stores that give like a years coverage in case it's a defective unit. That's proved to be pretty reliable for me over the years. My Wii U, PS4, Xbox One and Switch were all used consoles bought from a reliable store. They've all worked perfectly.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Oh, don't get me wrong: I'm not criticizing the practice of buying/acquiring second-hand consoles, it's just not for me. I prefer all my hardware brand new is all.

Eel

@ThanosReXXX don't worry about it. I do have games I'm intested in, but I either played them already or own the disc for them.

I also don't have WiFi at the moment so it's not like I can download anything right now anyway.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Well, that shouldn't be an issue. You could still buy anything you'd be interested in and then install it on the box at a later point in time.

P.S.

Why WiFi? I have all my consoles on wired connections. That's far more stable and preferable, if you ask me.

Eel

Well the modem is not receiving any internet so a cable would not help much. Anyhow I keep the xbox in my room, the modem is in the living room. I could use a long cable but it would not give me any particular benefit, since I don't play online anyway.

So I'm fine with wifi.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Don't they sell these wall plug wifi boosters/internet connectors where you live?
Untitled
They come in both WiFi and wired models.

You may not do much online gaming, but for downloading things faster, they sure do come in handy...

Eel

Our WiFi reaches my room fine don't worry. It's just that there's really no internet at all in my house right now. Like, zero.

I've been using only mobile data for the last three days.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Yeah, I got that, but boosters are a worthy purchase regardless. Future-proofing the network, and all that...

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Did you get the Series X/S ? Or you are going to wait for the Series X specific games to arrive?

I personally feel that the One X is sufficient for at least one more year.

Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras No, not yet. I'm going to wait it out at least for another year. I've never been an early and/or launch day adopter. I've only ever done that with all the mini consoles that I own, but only for the obvious reason that I had to preorder all of those to prevent me from missing out on them...

Magonigal

Assassins Creed Valhalla can now run in 60fps on the Series S and it still looks great. I'm more and more impressed with my little console after Ori and The Blind Forest ran at 4k 60fps

Magonigal

BruceCM

How far are you into the game, @Magonigal....? Seems you like it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Magonigal

@BruceCM
Yeah I do I've liked Assassins Creed since Black Flag and especially Origins which was the first one I actually completed and did all the quests. I got a bit overwhelmed with Odyssey (Kassandra was the best main character in the whole series) and stopped playing but I'll go back to it when I get a PS5. Loving Valhalla so far although only just started and still in Norway. I've got Cyberpunk 2077 coming in two weeks so have to play as much as possible before that takes over my life!

Edited on by Magonigal

Magonigal

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Oh, btw.
I was planning to get some Xbox 360 games from my local online shop as i found some dirt cheap Xbox 360 games in USA version.
Here is my Xbox 360 games list so far :
Non Kinect games
1. Dance Dance Revolution Universe 1
2. Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2
3. Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3
4. Zoo Tycoon

Kinect games
5. Kinect Adventures
6. Deca Sports Freedom
7. Kinectimals (Now with Bears)
8. Fantastic Pets
9. Dance Master (Dance Evolution in Japan / PAL version)
10. Disneyland Adventures
11. Body & Brain Connection
12. ???

Can you suggest one more Kinect game that suitable for my taste so i can make 12 worthy Xbox 360 games to buy ?

The game should be USA version as i try to get Xbox 360 Slim or E model NTSC U as i really want to play Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 that only available on USA and Asia version, but not available on PAL and Japan version.

Also, i want to ask about Xbox 360 that being modded into RGH.
Is the RGH modded machine still able to play original disc without bricking the machine ?
And is that basically make the machine become "Free Region" ?

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

Finished Halo 4!!!! That's the MCC done with. That genuinely has to be one of the best value game purchases I've ever made. I thoroughly enjoyed all 6 games.

I think my final ranking of the series is Halo 3>Reach>Halo CE>Halo 4> Halo 2>ODST

Halo 4 wasn't really on the same level in terms of gameplay and pacing, but I loved the story and the stronger focus on Master Chief and Cortana as characters.

Magonigal wrote:

Assassins Creed Valhalla can now run in 60fps on the Series S and it still looks great. I'm more and more impressed with my little console after Ori and The Blind Forest ran at 4k 60fps

Is it clear what sacrifices they made? They must have changed something if it wasn't achieving 60fps from the start?

The Series S is definitely no slouch. It can handle Forza Horizon 4 at 60fps and Gears 5 at 60fps. Those are 2 of the most graphically advanced games in existence right now. Should definitely be able to do an Assassin's Creed game at 60fps. Especially given that those haven't really improved their graphics at all over the last gen. Lol AC: Unity is frankly still the best looking game they've made.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic