Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,881 to 11,900 of 11,914

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Yeah I played the Ghostbusters game back on the 360 when it first came out and loved it. It really felt like the next chapter in the Ghostbusters story.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Chaotic_Neutral

@Tasuki fireteam elite is a fantastic Alien game, you just need a good team to play it with as it is easy to get overwhelmed and the bots are next to useless if you try solo.

Old Grumpy and stuck in my ways.

Magician

So, how about that Palworld?

Four million players between PC and Xbox in three days?

Seems I need to have a look at this $30 Pokemon/Minecraft game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

I haven't played it but my son checked it out for a few on gamepass

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@Magician I played it a bit on Saturday and was enjoying it. Definitely got the Pokemon vibes from it but your pal can do so much more then a Pokémon can. The only thing that sucks at least on the Xbox is there isn't dedicated servers so if you can I would get this one on Steam.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Magician

Xbox going the way of Sega? Understandable. Clearly they're tired of being in third place. And as they're primarily a software company, the execs on that side of MS business are no doubt constantly questioning their presence in the hardware space.

No shame.

I would gladly re-purchase the Gears of War trilogy on Switch.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

If you have Amazon Prime you can get ArmorX Pro for $41.99 instead of $70.

It attaches to your Xbox Series controller to add rear buttons and gyro aiming, which can work for any game since it maps to right stick. Not as good as true mouse gyro but it's what XIM Nexus does. Except Nexus has smart translators that unscramble the curve mapped to analog to transform it into a 1:1 like mouse, so it FEELS as good if not better than mouse gyro in many games.

But this ALSO comes with an app to adjust the curve of the analog. Not as robust as Nexus app but, for $42 I'd say you're getting more than your money's worth.

It also let's the gyro work NATIVELY on Switch and PC, so you can use an Xbox Series controller for Splatoon with true mouse gyro just like the Switch controllers. That's awesome

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B91WQK8B?psc=1&smid=A2PAZV6RV...

Here's a robust review

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

Hope they stick around in the console space personally. And for them to keep some of their bigger games exclusive. But I won't be whining about it. We'll see what next week brings.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

My brother has xbox one, and his daughter has been playing Goat Simulator 3 cloud version via gamepass. I'm rather surprised, it seems to play acceptably. I assumed all cloud gaming is too problematic to swallow. Goat Simulator 3 is also more interesting/amusing than I expected. It's not deep, but it's much better than the first Goat Simulator.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

My little guy plays goat Simulator 3 all the time. It's pretty funny actually.

NintendoByNature

Magician

I guess we're going to find out which Xbox games are going where on Thursday.

NintendoByNature

We'll see. Hope the bigger stuff stays on xbox otherwise what's the point? Part of me thinks hi fi coming to switch would be awesome but I'd be torn buying it on switch and not xbox. In fact I'll probably purposely buy it on xbox and switch down the line. Already beat it on gamepass and it's such an amazing game.

NintendoByNature

Matt_Barber

Yeah, I'd think that talk of the Xbox being discontinued any time soon is vastly exaggerated and we're mostly looking at ports of selected games, which is something that Microsoft have been doing for a long time.

They'll be locked in for a number of Switch and PlayStation releases as a result of the Activision takeover, so it's probably just a case of looking at what else they're making that could make sense alongside those.

Matt_Barber

NintendoByNature

Yea im sure they'll do another console next generation too. At least in some fashion. Onesie twosie games wouldn't bother me all too much. I couldn't imagine starfield, Indiana jones, or even halo going multiplat. That'd be pretty rough.

NintendoByNature

Magician

I'm on the side that feels that exclusives sell consoles. But when your two biggest properties in Minecraft and Call of Duty are everywhere, I don't doubt that the non-Xbox leadership of Microsoft are asking "well, why aren't all of our games everywhere?"

kkslider5552000

I'm of the hot take that consoles should have more exclusives not less and every single move against that undermines the entire existence of console gaming. You guys are selling game consoles not blu-ray players, do your jobs and make games people actually want. Like there's things I like about the Switch, but for most people, its biggest strength is still its exclusives.

I hated how stupid the controversy was when that one Tomb Raider game that in hindsight, meant nothing to most people anyway, being maybe potentially an Xbox exclusive was some terrible thing for some reason. Who cares?! There's countless quality multi-console games of every genre, it doesn't matter if you miss out on a few. It's even dumber now, when streaming services are the real exclusivity disasters that make everything bad and annoying for everyone.

Why make a console for the mainstream audience if you're not even gonna justify its existence? Someone tell both Xbox and Playstation people to stop being morons and make more exclusives. Honestly even Nintendo should, the quantity is still down compared to 3DS and Wii U (even if the quality is up).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

chiiizu

@kkslider5552000 Yeah I've never really understood why I should want an Xbox, most of the games on it I can play other places, and the few I do want to play don't justify buying a whole console. If you already have the means to play games, you'll need some reason that you "need" a console. I still have a PS4, but I have no reason to get a PS5 despite wanting one, Demons Souls is really the only exclusive I really want to play, and again I can't act like one or two games justifies hundreds of dollars for a console. (and I'd love to have more reason to dip my toes in other consoles) More exclusives overall would definitely help, and the Blu-ray comparison is a good way to put it.

Can I do a completionist run of video game history? (It's still being made so we'll see)
Currently Playing: Unicorn Overlord (Switch)
Next Up: Sand Land (PC)
Panic (Reality)

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m glad MS is shopping out some exclusives. Honestly the ones they want to keep I would likely play on xbox or PC anyway. But with Sony putting its first party games on PC and Nintendo will likely never make a console that matches them in specs, I can safely go Nintendo/PC and the majority of my gaming should be covered next gen.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Jalex_64

A lot of people appear to be overlooking Sarah Bond's reveal about new hardware in the Xbox Podcast today, due to be announced at the end of this year.

She states:

"We’ve got more to come. There’s some exciting stuff coming out in hardware that we’re going to share this holiday. We’re also invested in the next-generation roadmap. What we’re really focused on there is delivering the largest technical leap you will have ever seen in a hardware generation, which makes it better for players and better for creators and the visions that they’re building."

I mean that's quite a statement! I'm interested as to whether this will mean an iteration of the enhanced 2TB Wi-Fi 6E Xbox Series X, codenamed "Brooklin" that was leaked last year or something else. Perhaps even a potential new handheld device as well. I hear Phil has been liking posts on X related to the latter in recent weeks. But that line about "the largest technical leap you will have ever seen in a hardware generation" certainly has me curious..

Edited on by Jalex_64

Jalex_64

NintendoByNature

Overall solid and expected info. Happy with the state of xbox right now. Can't believe some people out there were selling their series systems lol

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic