Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,281 to 11,300 of 11,914

Dezzy

I dunno if anyone else is finding this Spring Sale supremely disappointing?

A lot of these games are often reduced in price, so there's not much rare here. They're also not particularly good deals in most cases. Most of these games are already cheaper than this if you buy retail copies. Unfortunately I'm on Series S so can't.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

The recent PSN sale is pretty disappointing as well, prices-wise.

Dezzy wrote:

Most of these games are already cheaper than this if you buy retail copies. Unfortunately I'm on Series S so can't.

The big reason I'll never buy a digital only console, lol. Saving some money early on is probably nice, but it wouldn't take long at all for the difference in value to even out if you play a lot of games over time.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

The big reason I'll never buy a digital only console, lol. Saving some money early on is probably nice, but it wouldn't take long at all for the difference in value to even out if you play a lot of games over time.

It only makes sense economically because I buy almost no full price games for it. I'll probably only buy like 2 this year. Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster will definitely be the first one (which is definitely worth the money), and then maybe Halo Infinite (although depending on how it reviews and how long it is, I might just play that on 1-month gamepass instead).

Magonigal

I'm trying to move towards buying less full price games and waiting for sales before getting the latest titles. I can wait for games because I'm getting some of the latest games through GamePass - I'm really looking forward to playing The Ascent, which looks fantastic in the latest trailer

Magonigal

Magician

Word round the campfire is that MS is in talks with Kojima to publish his next game.

https://www.gamesradar.com/hideo-kojima-is-reportedly-in-talk...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Age of Empires 4 release window is Fall 2021, no Xbox release announced though (PC exclusive).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

Apparently Everwild, Perfect Dark and Fable are years away according to an industry insider with connections to certain employees at Xbox Game Studios

That's a shame. Those were among some of the only Xbox exclusives I was interested in honestly. Hopefully Hellblade 2 isn't in that camp

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

That's the biggest issue with the XSX. Almost all of its big games are years away.

It feels like half the generation will be over before that console actually kicks into gear.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Mr-Fuggles777

Got an Xbox Wireless Headset today after weeks of waiting and I'm pretty happy with it. I wasn't that impressed at first but once I downloaded the Atmos app it is amazing for the price.
Need to get in a game party now to see what the mic quality is like.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Dezzy

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

Apparently Everwild, Perfect Dark and Fable are years away according to an industry insider with connections to certain employees at Xbox Game Studios

I wasn't really expecting Fable any earlier than Christmas 2022 to be honest, given how big a game like that is gonna be. Perfect Dark I'm expecting even later, given that it was only just recently announced.

Everwild I had no expectation, or enthusiasm for at all, given that they've not showed gameplay.

Edited on by Dezzy

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dezzy Technically they've basically shown no gameplay for any first party title that isn't Halo Infinite to my knowledge

I'm mostly excited about Hellblade because I loved the first one, Fable because it's an IP they really needed to bring back, Perfect Dark since I think a more modern one could really stand toe to toe with Sony's first party offerings visually and narratively and Everwild because I dig the artstyle

I don't really have expectations for any of them except Hellblade given we haven't seen anything from any of them, it's literally just the prospects right now

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

I wasn't really expecting any of these until at least 2022:

• Hellblade 2
  • Forza Motorsport
  • State of Decay 3
  • Everwild
  • Fable
  • Avowed
  • Perfect Dark
  • Starfield

The most likely if any of those to be 2021 is Forza Motorsport given the playtest and the possibility that 4 year licensing continues resulting in Forza Motorsport 7 being delisted later this year. There's games that you'd think would be delisted by now given past franchise entry licensing patterns but aren't so it may be that companies are licensing differently so that their games can last longer hence I could see Forza Motorsport being 2022 with Forza Motorsport 7 still being around after this year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@TheFrenchiestFry At the time of the second trailer, Rare didn't even seem to be sure what kind of game it would be, so it better be years away still lol

Octane

Dezzy

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

@Dezzy Technically they've basically shown no gameplay for any first party title that isn't Halo Infinite to my knowledge

Yeah true, but that matters a lot more when you're dealing with a new IP. Everyone knows vaguely what the next Fable, Gears, Forza and Perfect Dark will be like (given that those are all quite successful series, it would be kinda crazy if they massively changed any of them). In fact my whole hype for games like Fable and the next Forza Horizon game are pretty much based on the assumption that it will be more of the same.
Whereas I have no idea what Everwild or Avowed will be like.

Edited on by Dezzy

Magician

Still no release window for PSO2: NG?

Maybe we'll hear something from MS or Sega during E3.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/phantasy-star-online-2-new-g...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NEStalgia

@Dezzy "Whereas I have no idea what Everwild or Avowed will be like."

We kind of know what Avowed will be like because we know it's a Pillars of Eternity universe game (and PoE is itself a homebrewed take on a hybridization of D&D Planescape and Forgotten Realms). It's not a stretch to assume it's an AAA budget 3D PoE game. And that's an amazing thing if true. It's an Obsidian/Black Isle RPG in a known universe of theirs, not actually a new IP but a big budget 3D entry in an existing IP, albeit perhaps a new subseries in that IP. Baldur's Gate meets Elder Scrolls. They can take my money now...I know they're good for it.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Well these 60fps/120fps patches have been supremely disappointing so far. Not a single game I care about yet. I love Titanfall and Battlefield, but I don't have a 120Hz monitor, so that doesn't mean anything to me.
And Fallout 4 and Skyrim already had pretty adequate 60fps options through the mods.

@NEStalgia

Yeah, I have to wonder though. Avowed was started before they bought Bethesda. It's also going to arrive at a similar kind of time as Elder Scrolls 6, probably (around 3-4 years from now I'm guessing). I wonder if they'll deliberately adjust Avowed now so that it doesn't clash with Elder Scrolls too much. Maybe change it into more of a linear story-type RPG?

Edited on by Dezzy

NEStalgia

@Dezzy PoE already kind of is a linear story driven game, just like their old Black Isle games (and dragon age origins). It has quests and free roaming, to a point but it's still focused overall versus the meandering Elder Scrolls games that the story is almost secondary to the side quests, so they won't have to change it much I'd think.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic