Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,241 to 11,260 of 11,914

Anti-Matter

Mr-Fuggles777 wrote:

If anyone has some popcorn and lacks entertainment then head over to the comment section on Push Square after the Bethesda announcement.

Doesn't even have any impact on me at all.
Because my XBOX and XBOX 360 games are just only Dance Dance Revolution & Kinect games. Nothing else but DDR and Kinect.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Mr-Fuggles777 I'd be equally disappointed if all future Ubisoft games would be PlayStation exclusive or something like that.

Octane

Mr-Fuggles777

@Dezzy in fairness the PS5 is getting enough exclusives so it's nice for those who only have an Xbox to feel like they aren't getting left behind and that the investment was worth it. Xbox owners didnt exactly get a lot of love last gen

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Octane

@Mr-Fuggles777 To be fair, those games would've come to Xbox anyway. It's not like you're getting more as an Xbox owner now they've bought Bethesda. It's just that other people get less.

Octane

Zuljaras

@Octane By other people you mean PS and Nintendo people right? Because PC people will have the same stuff

Still it is not a small number to cut out 2/3 of the Console gamers. Still many people have multiple consoles but those that are PS and Nintendo only (and do not own a decent PC) will "suffer" (IF they love Bethesda games).

Grumblevolcano

@Zuljaras I don't think Nintendo's going to be affected much if at all. Bethesda's support of Switch was rocky after 2017 and even if Microsoft didn't buy Bethesda but just had a Game Pass deal instead where all their games came to Game Pass the best chance of real Bethesda support would've been Game Pass on the Switch because the Switch is not powerful enough.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

As long as nintendo decides to keep taking the "weaker handheld console" role, I feel Microsoft will be interested in continuing to share some of their new properties.

They might see it as an expansion to their audience, instead of a competitor.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mr-Fuggles777

@Eel it would be an ideal platform for the cloud version of GamePass, it would massively bolster the switches library without being a direct competition on the system to Nintendo's first party titles.

Magician

I need Game Pass on Switch.

I want Nintendo and Microsoft to be simpatico.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

Mr-Fuggles777 wrote:

@Dezzy in fairness the PS5 is getting enough exclusives so it's nice for those who only have an Xbox to feel like they aren't getting left behind and that the investment was worth it. Xbox owners didnt exactly get a lot of love last gen

Sure. And as a Series S owner, I'm happy with it.

Although on matters of principle, I generally respect a company more if they create a particular IP themselves, and grow it into a big success (e.g Uncharted). Rather than just throwing money around, that they have largely because of Microsoft Windows, in order to buy something that was already successful.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Oblivion and Skyrim were both pretty industry-shaking titles at the time, but it's hard to imagine the next Elder Scrolls game making anywhere near as much of a splash if they keep re-using the same engine and don't evolve their game design at all. Fallout 4 was such a disappointment, and I'm expecting the next Elder Scrolls game to be the same. Especially now that I'm actively going to be mentally comparing open world games I play to The Witcher 3 and Breath of the Wild.

DOOM is a big loss, though. Haven't played Eternal yet, but 2016 is one of the best video games I've ever played.

Wolfenstein... eh. TNO was good, but the second reboot game was disappointing in comparison, and there was that weird co-op game that everyone panned. Not feeling great about that, either.

Starfield is just a concept, as far as we know. I'd love for it to be ambitious and exciting, but we'll see.

Thankfully, Series X/S have no exclusives, so I'll just be able to play those games on my PC.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Yeah, there's been some great open-world games since Skyrim, @Ralizah .... A lot more of those around now! I do want to know more about TES VI, at least, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Oblivion and Skyrim were both pretty industry-shaking titles at the time, but it's hard to imagine the next Elder Scrolls game making anywhere near as much of a splash if they keep re-using the same engine and don't evolve their game design at all.

I'm really not sure how much that's the issue. I think people have just repeated that because sounds a convenient thing to blame.

Look at Skyrim with all of the most advanced graphics mods. It looks incredible. That's still the same engine.

Look at the gameplay difference between Skyrim and Fallout 4. Massively different gameplay mechanics. Also still the same engine.

What else is there that might cause issues? Maybe the engine can't handle the level of detail needed on 9th gen consoles or something? I dunno. I'm skeptical that it's an engine issue though.

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

I dunno about engines but I think they'd be setting themselves up for epic failure if that was the whole focus ..... I'll wait to see a bit more about what they're planning for TES VI, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Just as well it isn't in GamePass for PC since I pre-purchased it awhile ago ......

SW-4357-9287-0699

Mr-Fuggles777

@Grumblevolcano awesome as this was going to be a day 1 for me after playing the demo so I'm pretty much getting a years of gamepass for free

Dezzy

New 60fps enhancements are here!

Tis the Bethesda games they mentioned the other day. Bit disappointing given than Skyrim and Fallout already have 60fps through the unofficial mods.

I'm hoping 3rd batch will be the lucky one and they do some games that I'm eager to play in 60fps.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

I played Skyrim at 60fps back in 2011 on PC, lol. Did it seriously take until 2021 for console versions to run smoothly?

@Dezzy Skyrim is still a creaky, clunky game, no matter how many high-res texture mods it gets. Fine for 2011, but now...

As for Fallout 4, it's extremely similar to Fallout 3 from back in... 2007? With the exception of a tacked on and frankly pretty annoying customization/resource management system.

Also pretty clunky, if I'm being honest.

Before I almost got duped by Cyberpunk 2077, it was the last Western AAA title I purchased at launch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic